Xbox 360 Hmdi-Dvi to my monitor

Discus and support Xbox 360 Hmdi-Dvi to my monitor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I connected them and my monitor says input not detected. f4ed7f28-7882-4543-aa99-5fae6e2fc9d1 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ScopedMidget, May 27, 2014.

1. ScopedMidget
    ScopedMidget Guest

I connected them and my monitor says input not detected.

:)

ScopedMidget, May 27, 2014
  2. Byousoku
    Byousoku Guest
    Connecting the xbox 360 slim to my samsung monitor

Hello,

I would like to connect my xbox 360 slim to my samsung syncmaster p2370 monitor and logitech z523 speaker set.

The monitor has a DVI (DVI-I?) connection, the speakers have a 3.5mm and dual RCA jack.

The screen does support 1080p, so I presume I would need the xbox HMDI cable and some kind of HDMI/DVI adapter? I'm not sure how to connect the speakers to the xbox using this method.

Does anyone know if this even possible or if theres an easy solution for my problem?

-Jeff

Byousoku, May 27, 2014
  3. Sun-Tracker
    Sun-Tracker Guest
    No More Video Output to Monitor

Hi.

I'm going to try and be as detailed as possible with this one. About to pull hair out.

----------------------------------------------------

Materials On-Hand:

Xbox 360 Slim (The Culprit)

Xbox 360 Pro with HDMI Output (Alternate Test Subject)

Laptop Computer with HDMI Output (Alternate Test Subject)

HDMI-HDMI Cable (Works Fine)

HDMI-DVI Cable (Works Fine)

Dell 2408WFP Monitor (Has DVI Port, HDMI Port, Composite Video Port)

Dell 2208WFPt Monitor (Has DVI Port)

40" Sony LCD TV (1080P Capable)

60" Sony LCD TV (1080P Capable)

History:

- For the past 7 months, I've had my Xbox 360 Slim connected to my Dell 2408WFP Monitor with an HDMI-HDMI Cable. No issues.

- A couple of weeks ago, I lent my xbox to a friend a couple doors away. He has a Dell 2208WFPt monitor, which does not have an HDMI Input. I gave him an HDMI-DVI cable to use, and it worked on the monitor with no issues.

- When I got my xbox back, it refuses to output a video signal to my Dell 2408WFP Monitor via HDMI-HDMI or HDMI-DVI. Nothing I do can get it to output to my monitor (which it was working fine with for the 7 months prior to me hooking it up via HDMI-DVI to
    the Dell 2208WFPt).

Configurations Tested:

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-HDMI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor = NO Video/Audio

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-DVI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor =
    NO Video/Audio

Laptop Computer + HDMI-HDMI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor = Video GOOD (Proves that 2408WFP HDMI Port and HDMI-HDMI cable both work)

Laptop Computer + HDMI-DVI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor =
    Video GOOD (Proves that 2408WFP DVI Port and HDMI-DVI Cable both work)

Xbox 360 Pro (Borrowed from Friend) + HDMI-HDMI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor =
    Video/Audio GOOD

Xbox 360 Pro (Borrowed from Friend) + HDMI-DVI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor =
    Video/Audio GOOD

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-DVI Cable + Dell 2208WFPt Monitor =
    Video GOOD (Proves that Xbox 360 Slim still outputs DVI Signal OK)

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-HDMI Cable + 40" Sony LCD TV =
    Video/Audio GOOD (Proves that Xbox 360 Slim still outputs HDMI Signal OK)

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-HDMI Cable + 60" Sony LCD TV = Video/Audio GOOD

Troubleshooting Options Attempted:

Factory-Reset Dell 2408WFP Monitor

Turning Display Discovery Off

Turning Display Discovery On

Attempting to Reset Display Settings with Right-Trigger + "Y" Button upon Boot

Hooking Xbox 360 Slim up to Dell 2208WFPt monitor, setting a lower resolution, and hot-swapping to Dell 2408WFP monitor (Both HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI Cables)

"Blindly" Navigating Menus while hooked up to Dell 2408 WFP monitor (HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI) to modify Display Discovery settings and selected resolutions

Hot-Swapping between Xbox 360 Pro (Borrowed from Friend) and
    Xbox 360 Slim

Hot-Swapping between Laptop Computer and
    Xbox 360 Slim (HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI cables)

With all of the above, my Dell 2408WFP Monitor immediately goes into Power-Save Mode when the
    Xbox 360 Slim is hooked up to it. The monitor works with another xbox, a laptop, and via multiple cables. Therefore I know that the ports are good, the cables are good, and the monitor is good.... but it refuses
    to display anything from my particular Xbox 360 Slim. Ever since being hooked up to the Dell 2208WFPt monitor via HDMI-DVI, it simply will not work with the Dell 2408WFP Monitor. I cannot think of any other options.
    The Xbox 360 Slim works fine on any other display I try it on. Another Xbox works fine on the Dell 2408WFP Monitor with both the HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI cables. As a reminder, the
    Xbox 360 Slim worked just fine with the Dell 2408WFP monitor for 7 months via the HDMI-HDMI cable.

I appreciate any assistance that can be provided. I don't know what else to do. It's very mysterious. Thanks.

Sun-Tracker, May 27, 2014
  4. To CyNicAL Win User

HMDI to DVI

I have my Xbox connected via HDMI AND I have the standard AV connector connected to my Xbox at the same time (for Audio to turtlebeach headset)

If I turn off the TV and turn it back on, the XBOX will restart.. why?

Because the Xbox will switch to displaying via AV if the HDMI source is turned off, this calls for a restart.

Apparently this is what its meant to do Is ther a way of stopping this! as
  5. IceStorm III Win User

HMDI to DVI

[quote user="FlushestTrack35"]I have my Xbox connected via HDMI AND I have the standard AV connector connected to my Xbox at the same time (for Audio to turtlebeach headset)[/quote]Can't do that. The only exception is the specific thin HDMI audio dongle
    that came with the original HDMI kit. Doing what you describe (forcing an A/V cable alongside the HDMI cable) causes the problem you're observing.
    Apparently this is what its meant to do Is ther a way of stopping this
    Find an original HDMI AV
    audio adapter or use another method of splitting audio out of HDMI. Several HDMI matrix switches support analog and optical audio out. Most TVs and many monitors can give you a stereo out from an HDMI signal.
  6. ChasedGibbon45 Win User

dvi - hmdi

I will provide a link to this info in about three months. Stay tuned.
  7. Unreal Warfare Win User

Connecting an old 360 AND my PC to one Monitor

Do you not have a DVI port on your monitor amd PC? Most graphics cards nowadays have the option to use DVI. If you could, you could just use DVI for your monitor and VGA for your Xbox 360 and switch using the monitor (that's what I do). That is of course
    if you have the option.
  8. l Lord Sithis l Win User

Hooking Up Xbox 360 To Computer Monitor

the 360 vga is great and it comes with sound but if your monitor has dvi port get a dvi-hdmi adapter
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Hmdi-Dvi to my monitor - Similar Threads - 360 Hmdi Dvi

2. Can't redeem 360 GWG

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem 360 GWG: Hi there, been unable to redeem any of the Xbox 360 games with gold for the past two months. I can login just fine on the website, clicking on the download button works as well, the issue is after...
  3. Problems redeem the game with gold xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems redeem the game with gold xbox 360: I have trouble redeeming ninja gaiden 3 kings. The same thing happened with Ghost Recon 2 advanced warfighter. When I go to the store from xbox it tells me Sorry, but on the site the last step is...
  4. xbox 360 storage space

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 storage space: Hello My xbox 360 is asking me to update. When I throw it she tells me that there is not enough free space in the storage space. So I will try to see if I can make room on the storage space....
  5. Timer on XBox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Timer on XBox 360: There is a timer on my XBox 360, and i cant get it off. What do i do to get it off my XBox 360? a5cd18a5-7cd5-4a2e-9590-8a85a6048166
  6. Games with Gold -on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games with Gold -on Xbox 360: Games with Gold on 360 Does anyone know why Tekken Tag 2 didn't show as the 2nd 360 free game for me mine show Ms Splosion Man it’s happened a few months back where I got The Maw on 4 separate...
  7. xbox 360 arcade games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 arcade games: Hey guys, back in the day I downloaded some awsome arcade games like turtles, but when I look in the shop now they are gone.. I still paid for them though I heard you could download them if you...
  8. Bought new 360, initial update deleted all my saved data on thumb drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought new 360, initial update deleted all my saved data on thumb drive: Hi, I just replaced my old 360 with a slim. It was wearing out and had no wifi anyway. I transferred my files from old hard drive onto thumb drive. Plugged it into new 360. Everything was there....
  9. Disney Plus app not showing for Xbox 360.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disney Plus app not showing for Xbox 360.: I already subscribed for Disney Plus. I have just seen Xbox One listed for the app. I have Xbox 360, why isn't Xbox 360 listed for getting the app? If I could afford a Xbox one I would get one. I...
  10. SERVICE ALERT!! Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    SERVICE ALERT!! Xbox 360: I have this problem since last year I tried everything and could not solve someone can help me? 0a3e1ef4-2b54-4a2c-8fd3-98ff4da7faa9