Xbox 360 kinect stopped working

Discus and support Xbox 360 kinect stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, I came back home ready to play some blade and sorcery with full body using my kinect but the usual green flashing light isnt flashing and it isnt... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by korbykob, Nov 25, 2021.

1. korbykob
    korbykob Guest

Hey, I came back home ready to play some blade and sorcery with full body using my kinect but the usual green flashing light isnt flashing and it isnt being picked up by my pc, it also appears I do no have LowerFilters in the regedit and have tried all sorts of thing to get it to work.

Please let me know on anything, thanks!

:)

korbykob, Nov 25, 2021
  2. korbykob Win User

I have found a way to get it to work by manually installing drivers which fixed it then reinstalling the normal drivers, thanks for the help anyway! :)
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi korbykob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to play using Xbox 360 Kinect and is unable to because the Kinect is somehow not detected by your PC. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

You may try to isolate the issue by performing basic troubleshooting that we have below.

Suggested troubleshooting:

1. Try to connect your Kinect on Xbox 360 Console and check if it working fine. (Kindly install update if prompted.)
    2. Keep your Windows PC and Xbox apps and Kinect updated.
    3. Restart device.
    4. Turn off or disable all antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall and PC Optimizer.
    5. Kindly check recommendation set up and system requirements here: Set up Kinect for Windows v2 with a Kinect Adapter for Windows 10 PC
    6. If you encounter any error message, please search it in here: Xbox Support.
    7. Lastly, kindly try to check suggested troubleshooting here: Your Xbox One Kinect Sensor won’t turn on.
    By the way, may we know if you are having issues with the step 1 on suggested troubleshooting?

Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might be related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for the update, korbykob.

Because this appears to be a driver issue, we'll forward your query to the Windows Forums to see if they can assist. As a last resort, will be contacting Support for extra assistance. Kindly expect 1-2 business days for them to respond.

Stay safe always!

Kind regards,

5. korbykob Win User

I have tried plugging it into my xbox 360 and it works like a charm so i think my kinect is fine its just my pc registering it or something, i will let you know if any of the suggestions work asap

edit: I just noticed my pc does have some updates for .net which i know is needed for the kinect so im going to restart my pc after they are done and let you know on that
  6. korbykob Win User

None of the troubleshooting suggestions worked and the updates didn't work either
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 kinect stopped working - Similar Threads - 360 kinect stopped

2. Is it still possible to connect a Kinect v1 for Xbox 360 to a Linux computer?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it still possible to connect a Kinect v1 for Xbox 360 to a Linux computer?: I decided to see if I can still work with an old Kinect that I had in the house, just as a fun project. I have rewired the cable to be able to work with an USB 2.0 cable, adding a 12V charger...
  3. Xbox 360 stuck on update for xbox live and kinect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 stuck on update for xbox live and kinect: The console is an Xbox 360 slim from 2011-2012. The update freezes and then gives me an error status message or just freezes for hours the screen and circle is still rolling but the download...
  4. kinect 360 su Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect 360 su Xbox One S: Buongiorno Ho il kinect della xbox 360 che volevo collegare sulla mia xbox one S. Ho acquistato un adattatore ma quando lo collego alla ONE S e vado su "dispositivi e connessioni, kinect" mi da...
  5. Xbox 360 kinect games for xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 kinect games for xbox one: Some of us still own the xbox one kinect & would gladly like to see the xbox 360 kinect games xbx one compatibility offered...xbx one needs kinect adventures & xbox fitness needs to...
  6. Is there any official/officially licensed Xbox 360 Kinect adapter (specifically for pc)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any official/officially licensed Xbox 360 Kinect adapter (specifically for pc): i just want to connect my xbox 360 kinect to my pc and i get super paranoid about 3rd party adapters 7758030b-0db7-4b92-90ea-b4e87e6f46ba
  7. My Windows 11 PC will not recognize my Xbox 360 Kinect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Windows 11 PC will not recognize my Xbox 360 Kinect?: My Windows 11 PC will not recognize my Xbox 360 Kinect, how do I make my PC recognize my 360 Kinect? I use the Kinect SDK 2.0 software to check if the camera is detected but its not detecting any...
  8. Xbox 360 Kinect

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Kinect: Does anyone know if Xbox 360 Kinect saves photos on the actual game or only on the console? And why can I only see my pictures when I put the adventures game in that came with the system? We don’t...
  9. NEED TO SELL Xbox 360 4Gb along with the Kinect sensor

in XboX Insiders
    NEED TO SELL Xbox 360 4Gb along with the Kinect sensor: Hello, Looking to sell my xbox 360 4Gb along with the kinect sensor. And around 10 CDs. Does anyone know who would buy it in Mumbai, India? Thanks. submitted by /u/UnKoNoWnDuDe [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox 360 Kinect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Kinect: I have lost the installation disc for my Kinect. Does anyone know where I can get another ? c869a2e8-013b-422c-823e-2c697bc927d6