Xbox 360 making a noise..

Discus and support Xbox 360 making a noise.. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turn on my Xbox and I play a digital game. Nothing in the disc tray. It starts making this noise. It starts out with this louder noise, sounds maybe... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nightraven2560, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 making a noise..

I turn on my Xbox and I play a digital game. Nothing in the disc tray. It starts making this noise. It starts out with this louder noise, sounds maybe like a phone vibration at first. It only does that part for 2 seconds. Then it just starts making this
    humming noise, I guess? I usually shut my Xbox off by holding the Xbox Start button and then turning off console from there. Well I kept holding down the Xbox button and going to that menu, and it made that "vibration" noise all over again. It kept doing that.

I got worried and turned it off and it didn't make the sound.

Help? Also, I do have a 250GB Slim.. I got it about 13 months ago.

:)

nightraven2560, Feb 17, 2014
  2. Danieltrfc
    Danieltrfc Guest
    New Dashboard Update - Console Not Reading Discs Xbox 360 making a noise.. :mad:

just updated my xbox 360 60gb and now its making a loud humming noise when playing games lol.

Danieltrfc, Feb 17, 2014
  3. Whistling noise?

My Xbox 360 was making a high pitched whistling noise while playing Forza 4. After five minutes of that noise it freezes. It's only happend twice but thats when my console was horizontal.

Dictator Mayo, Feb 17, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sounds like the vent cover over the hard drive. Mine rattled and made a vibrating noise in the past. I finally took it off the side. You should try that and see if the noise continues.

onyxishere, Feb 17, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

Sounds like the vent cover over the hard drive. Mine rattled and made a vibrating noise in the past. I finally took it off the side. You should try that and see if the noise continues.
  6. CaRailRoadDude Win User

Xbox One Netzteil macht Geräusche

Translated-

Is it normal for my Xbox One Power Supply to be making noises? The one from my 360 makes no sound.
  7. McKlayy Win User

Xbox making loud buzzing noise

My Xbox 360 Slim E makes a loudish buzzing/humming noise when i start up most games and makes the noise for about 3-5 minutes , i have the games installed on my hardrive , is this normal for it to do that
  8. Undeadfire Zero Win User

XBOX 360 MAKES CONSTANT NOISE

If you got a 250 HD installed to the X360. I would advise installing the game. You can install it on the dashboard by pressing Y for the preferences menu on the "play game" selection and install the game. You can also find it on the game Libary. After installing
    the game. It may run loud for like a few mins then go silent. This will increase it's performances and lasting.
  9. pawncrackers Win User

xbox 360 making weird noise

wow, that's dodgy. Sounds like the DVD had come loose from the cd tray or something.. I would take MsIntoxicated X's advice and install to your HDD. If damage occurs with Black Ops or any of your other games, I'd recommend giving Support a call and maybe
    send your Xbox in for repairs..

L
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 making a noise.. - Similar Threads - 360 making noise

2. My Xbox 360 is making a lot of noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 is making a lot of noise: my xbox 360 is making noise like the fan is loose. My friends are borrowing it and it only started making the noise in their care. There is nothing in it. They have it running from 7am to about...
  3. Xbox 360 S makes noises but wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S makes noises but wont turn on: My xbox is not turning on it only makes a power on noise but theres no light on the ring and nothing happens. My Power Brick is on standby. I have tried many things that others claim fixed their...
  4. Xbox 360 Disc Drive Making Loud Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Disc Drive Making Loud Noise: I got an Xbox 360 two years ago, and it has recently, when I play a game, on startup the disc drive will be VERY loud, then it will quiet down a bit, then it will get VERY loud again. I'm not sure...
  5. Xbox 360 Jasper Power Supply making huge noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Jasper Power Supply making huge noise.: Ok, so my Xbox 360 Jasper Power Supply is making a huge noise from the moment I turn my console on. Any way to fix this? I can't seem to find a place to buy official adapters, and my service...
  6. My Xbox 360 controller vibration makes noises

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 controller vibration makes noises: Hi. I got problem with my wired Xbox 360 gamepad. Recently I noticed right stick had drifting problem - fixed it, but arised another problem. Something to do with vibration, it now makes loud...
  7. Old Xbox 360 power supply making a whining noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old Xbox 360 power supply making a whining noise: Hi everyone, I recently came across two very old Xenon xbox 360s (16.5A, 12V) one was made in 05 and the other 06. I bought them because they were really cheap and one was said to have the "no...
  8. Brand new XBOX 360 making quite some noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new XBOX 360 making quite some noise: Hello guys , as you might have already noticed I am a bloody newbie in the XBOX 360 business (though quite experienced gamer on PC) and I hope that you guys will help me out a bit. Today I...
  9. Xbox 360 S - Makes a loud buzzing noise when opening the disk tray?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S - Makes a loud buzzing noise when opening the disk tray?: I bought a second hand xbox just yesterday (matte 250gb slim model) and it seems then occasionally when i open the disk drive and the disk stops spinning, it makes a loud buzzing noise and then...
  10. 360 Slim 250GB making weird grinding noise at startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim 250GB making weird grinding noise at startup: Good day to all of you. For the last couple of months, my 360 slim that I've had for about four and a half years have been making this really loud grinding noise at startup, and sometimes it goes...