XBOX 360 Media Remote Questions

Discus and support XBOX 360 Media Remote Questions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I've been considering the purchase of an XBOX 360 Media Remote for one sole purpose: to control music playing through it while... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheLoneBlueJay, May 28, 2014.

1. XBOX 360 Media Remote Questions

Hello everyone.

I've been considering the purchase of an XBOX 360 Media Remote for one sole purpose: to control music playing through it while in-game. I'd like the convienence of skipping a song or two via remote without having to pause the game, go through the menus,
    then tap the skip button. I would think that this would be one of the features of the remote, but I wanted to make sure.

If it matters, there is no TV involved. I have my 360 hooked up to my computer monitor via VGA cable.

Thank you to all that reply.

:)

TheLoneBlueJay, May 28, 2014
  2. Having trouble getting the new Xbox 360 Media Remote to work with my Xbox 360 console.

Update to my last post:

If you have the current version of the Xbox 360 Dashboard, follow this command path -- System Settings > Console Settings > Remote Control

You will see 2 options listed: "Both Remotes" (allows you to use either the Xbox 360 Media Remote or a Windows Media Center Remote) and "Xbox 360 Media Remote" (sets the system to accept input from only an Official Xbox 360 Media Remote, or an Officially Licensed
    3rd party equivalent.) Make sure your system is set to "Xbox 360 Media Remote" then exit out of the System Settings menus and try the remote again.

I hope that helps. XBOX 360 Media Remote Questions :)

Jack T. Chance, May 28, 2014
  3. GregJHartman
    GregJHartman Guest
    Media Remote and Xbox One

Good question! While Smart Glass and Kinect are excellent products, I encourage Microsoft to extend the Xbox Ecosystem with physically tangible Microsoft brand devices. For example, provide infrared IR support for the existing Xbox 360 Media Remote, and/or
    offer a Xbox One Media Remote.

GregJHartman, May 28, 2014
  4. GregJHartman Win User

Media Remote and Xbox One

Good question! While Smart Glass and Kinect are excellent products, I encourage Microsoft to extend the Xbox Ecosystem with physically tangible Microsoft brand devices. For example, provide infrared IR support for the existing Xbox 360 Media Remote, and/or
    offer a Xbox One Media Remote.
  5. Jack T. Chance Win User

Having trouble getting the new Xbox 360 Media Remote to work with my Xbox 360 console.

Update to my last post:

If you have the current version of the Xbox 360 Dashboard, follow this command path -- System Settings > Console Settings > Remote Control

You will see 2 options listed: "Both Remotes" (allows you to use either the Xbox 360 Media Remote or a Windows Media Center Remote) and "Xbox 360 Media Remote" (sets the system to accept input from only an Official Xbox 360 Media Remote, or an Officially Licensed
    3rd party equivalent.) Make sure your system is set to "Xbox 360 Media Remote" then exit out of the System Settings menus and try the remote again.

I hope that helps. :)
  6. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Xbox Media Remote

Greetings, THE TOON REAPER! Thank you for bringing your question to the forums. Can you tell me a little more about your situation? Are you having trouble using your media remove? Did you follow the instructions here to pair the remote up to your TV:

support.xbox.com/.../media-remote
    ? Standing by. :)
  7. StoneyKing Oj Win User

Xbox Media Remote Trouble

go to console settings and check to see which media remote you have selected as that might be the problem

Xbox Media Remote(new) walkthrough
  8. Killn The Drama Win User

xbox360 media remote just stopped working

You may need to try these steps again to get it working also be sure batteries are not dead.

I am not sure what one you have but I have list both links below.

How to set up your Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote can be found
    HERE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox 360 Media Remote (New) can be found
    HERE
Thema:

XBOX 360 Media Remote Questions

1. XBOX 360 Media Remote Questions - Similar Threads - 360 Media Remote

2. Xbox 360 media remote

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox 360 media remote: Xbox 360 media remote Can I use a Xbox 360 media remote with a Xbox One S 06d74efe-1a56-4c98-994b-93e7d23b7080
  3. I need help with my Xbox 360 media remote

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with my Xbox 360 media remote: I need help with my Xbox 360 media remote so I can connect it to my TV d5ca6a02-d463-4b54-9d7e-f4d09c5c4328
  4. Xbox 360 media remote rica tv code???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 media remote rica tv code???: Hi...Can someone please help me with an rca code for the black full length with numbers xbox media remote? I've tried every code that i have found on the internet and i have tried the channel up...
  5. Xbox 360 universal media remote wont connect to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 universal media remote wont connect to tv: My xbox 360 universal media remote wont connect to my tv i have used the codes provided by microsoft and have done the other search option and it wont connect i have been doing it for the past...
  6. Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote - Media functions stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote - Media functions stop working: I have no idea why, but my controler stop working when watching dvds... The buttons fro, DvD Menu, Info, etc, all stop working. The basic functions are all ok, like A, B, X and Y, buttons, but...
  7. Universal media remote (original white one) does not work with new style 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Universal media remote (original white one) does not work with new style 360: purchased the original universal media remote and it does not operate with my 360. The lights on the remote Turn on and the Xbox button brings up the menu but none of the other burns seem to do...
  8. XBOX 360 Media Remote (new) Controlling Media Center

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Media Remote (new) Controlling Media Center: Hi there. I need help with my XBOX 360 Media Remote. I use it to control my Windows Media Center on the XBOX. It links to my PC and plays TV and Recordings from there. Except when I am in live TV...
  9. Xbox 360 Media Remote TV code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Media Remote TV code: Remote works for power and volume and mute but won't change channels. Help 3caa8b4c-1719-413b-9552-17eace7279b2
  10. Xbox 360 Media Remote D-pad & Select buttons not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Media Remote D-pad & Select buttons not working: As stated in subject, the D-pad and select button just simply stopped working and have been trying to fix the problem by trying to re-program it with the tv (which is an Element LCD HDTV) but to...