Xbox 360 media remote stopped working

Discus and support Xbox 360 media remote stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My media controller stopped working with my Xbox 360 but it still works perfectly with my TV, can someone help with this problem.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AdenoidRapier8, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 media remote stopped working

My media controller stopped working with my Xbox 360 but it still works perfectly with my TV, can someone help with this problem.

:)

AdenoidRapier8, Jun 7, 2014
  2. Xbox One Media Remote Not Working

My media remote has stopped working, but only in certain apps. It works fine otherwise but will not navigate: Youtube, Netflix or XBox fit. Anyone else?

DesignerBeef63, Jun 7, 2014
  3. xbox360 media remote just stopped working

You may need to try these steps again to get it working also be sure batteries are not dead.

I am not sure what one you have but I have list both links below.

How to set up your Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote can be found
    HERE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox 360 Media Remote (New) can be found
    HERE

Killn The Drama, Jun 7, 2014
  4. Jack T. Chance Win User

Having trouble getting the new Xbox 360 Media Remote to work with my Xbox 360 console.

If this is the first time you've had/used an Xbox 360 Media Remote, you have to go to System Settings > Remote Control and change the setting from either "Windows Media Center" or "Both" (depending on which version of the Xbox Console you have) to "Xbox
    Remote". For some reason, the default setting is the WRONG one. That's most likely what's causing your remote to not work.

If you ALREADY have it set to "Xbox Remote" and it still doesn't work, you may have a defective remote if it's an official Microsoft Xbox 360 Media Remote.

If it's a 3rd Party remote, made by a different brand, in all likelihood you've wasted your money on a remote that doesn't actually work for the Xbox 360. The only 3rd party remote I recommend and will vouch for is a very hard to find European model, the
    Snakebyte Media Remote. It's the only one that gets good reviews. When I wanted a black Xbox 360 Media Remote with Backlit Keys, I tracked one down on eBay, and I can personally attest that it works every bit as well as the official Microsoft
    remotes. But good luck finding one, they are very scarce right now. I consider myself very lucky to have managed to track one down. ^_^
  5. Killn The Drama Win User

xbox360 media remote just stopped working

You may need to try these steps again to get it working also be sure batteries are not dead.

I am not sure what one you have but I have list both links below.

How to set up your Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote can be found
    HERE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox 360 Media Remote (New) can be found
    HERE
  6. Jack T. Chance Win User

Having trouble getting the new Xbox 360 Media Remote to work with my Xbox 360 console.

Update to my last post:

If you have the current version of the Xbox 360 Dashboard, follow this command path -- System Settings > Console Settings > Remote Control

You will see 2 options listed: "Both Remotes" (allows you to use either the Xbox 360 Media Remote or a Windows Media Center Remote) and "Xbox 360 Media Remote" (sets the system to accept input from only an Official Xbox 360 Media Remote, or an Officially Licensed
    3rd party equivalent.) Make sure your system is set to "Xbox 360 Media Remote" then exit out of the System Settings menus and try the remote again.

I hope that helps. :)
  7. RhandzGrayerLTD Win User

Xbox 360 media remote (new)

It's because there's no sync button on the new remote, you just have to enable it in the settings. Try doing these steps:

Turn on the XBOX 360 Slim.

Go To MY XBOX

Go To SYSTEM SETTINGS (very last tile)

Go To CONSOLE SETTINGS

Go To CONTROLLER SETTINGS

Click BOTH REMOTES: Enable SELECT BOTH REMOTES TO ENABLE THE XBOX 360 MEDIA REMOTE AND THE WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER REMOTE.

It should work. :)
  8. DesignerBeef63 Win User

Xbox One Media Remote Not Working

My media remote has stopped working, but only in certain apps. It works fine otherwise but will not navigate: Youtube, Netflix or XBox fit. Anyone else?
Thema:

Xbox 360 media remote stopped working

1. Xbox 360 media remote stopped working - Similar Threads - 360 media remote

2. Xbox 360 media remote

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox 360 media remote: Xbox 360 media remote Can I use a Xbox 360 media remote with a Xbox One S 06d74efe-1a56-4c98-994b-93e7d23b7080
  3. I need help with my Xbox 360 media remote

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with my Xbox 360 media remote: I need help with my Xbox 360 media remote so I can connect it to my TV d5ca6a02-d463-4b54-9d7e-f4d09c5c4328
  4. Xbox 360 media remote rica tv code???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 media remote rica tv code???: Hi...Can someone please help me with an rca code for the black full length with numbers xbox media remote? I've tried every code that i have found on the internet and i have tried the channel up...
  5. Xbox 360 universal media remote wont connect to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 universal media remote wont connect to tv: My xbox 360 universal media remote wont connect to my tv i have used the codes provided by microsoft and have done the other search option and it wont connect i have been doing it for the past...
  6. Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote - Media functions stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote - Media functions stop working: I have no idea why, but my controler stop working when watching dvds... The buttons fro, DvD Menu, Info, etc, all stop working. The basic functions are all ok, like A, B, X and Y, buttons, but...
  7. Universal media remote (original white one) does not work with new style 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Universal media remote (original white one) does not work with new style 360: purchased the original universal media remote and it does not operate with my 360. The lights on the remote Turn on and the Xbox button brings up the menu but none of the other burns seem to do...
  8. XBOX 360 Media Remote (new) Controlling Media Center

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Media Remote (new) Controlling Media Center: Hi there. I need help with my XBOX 360 Media Remote. I use it to control my Windows Media Center on the XBOX. It links to my PC and plays TV and Recordings from there. Except when I am in live TV...
  9. Xbox 360 Media Remote TV code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Media Remote TV code: Remote works for power and volume and mute but won't change channels. Help 3caa8b4c-1719-413b-9552-17eace7279b2
  10. Xbox 360 Media Remote D-pad & Select buttons not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Media Remote D-pad & Select buttons not working: As stated in subject, the D-pad and select button just simply stopped working and have been trying to fix the problem by trying to re-program it with the tv (which is an Element LCD HDTV) but to...