Xbox 360 Microsoft Account Currency

Discus and support Xbox 360 Microsoft Account Currency in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I have around $43 in my Microsoft account. I want to use it to purchase Portal on my Xbox 360. When I press purchase on its page, it loads, then says... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by BoyneGregg, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:42 AM.

1. BoyneGregg
    BoyneGregg Guest

I have around $43 in my Microsoft account. I want to use it to purchase Portal on my Xbox 360. When I press purchase on its page, it loads, then says that my credit card info could not be reached and to purchace it with my account balance. I saw no option
    to do this, so how do I do that exactly?

:)

2. SPS-40B1869D-52C4-42 Win User

Final Fight Double Impact - own on 360 but can't install on Xbox One

ozBody Count100,

You won't be able to purchase the 360 title from the Xbox One or Xbox.com using a Microsoft gift card or account currency. The only way to purchase 360 content with currency/gift card is through an Xbox 360 console.
  3. Misses Quinzel Win User

Beware of putting money into your Xbox Live account

Hey, FloatingKruger! The logic is that when Microsoft Points turned into Microsoft Currency, the website would not accept the currency for Xbox 360 games (though an Xbox 360 will allow currency to be used). This happened back in 2012. The Xbox One BC games
    use the same source as the website. Thus, you need to have a credit card on file to make purchases for Xbox 360 games while on your Xbox One and the xbox.com website.

There used to be the Xbox Family Pack where you could give your child accounts points, however that has been retired for a few years now. The best way to get currency onto your son's account is by purchasing a currency card from a retailer or the
    Microsoft Store, and then put the 25-digit code onto his account.

Hopefully that clears up the situation with currency and purchasing Xbox 360 games. Let me know if you have further questions that I can assist you with. :D
  4. Codysta99 Win User

Sorry. Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again.

Hey there,

For Xbox 360 purchases made through the Xbox One console or through the Xbox Marketplace on Xbox.com, a credit card on file is required. Additionally, Microsoft Account currency cannot be used for Xbox 360 game purchases outside of the Xbox 360 console.

Hope this helps clear up the situation.
    Can I purchase backwards compatible games Xbox 360 games with Microsoft currency?
  5. BoyneGregg Win User

I've checked, and apparently the only things that are down are some Xbox One sports games. Thanks though!
  6. BoyneGregg Win User

When I go to purchase it, it automatically sets it to the credit card. When I press change payment option, it only shows two credit cards, not my balance. So, to sum it up, it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Microsoft Account Currency - Similar Threads - 360 Microsoft Account

2. Xbox 360 Gamer Profile linked to two Microsoft Live accounts simultaneously...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 Gamer Profile linked to two Microsoft Live accounts simultaneously...: My Xbox 360 gamer profile was set up on an old email address I’d not used in years. About 3 or 4 years ago this became an issue and after a massive load of hassle i managed to get it swapped to a...
  3. Why cant i use my Microsoft account balance to purchase xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why cant i use my Microsoft account balance to purchase xbox 360 games?: Im trying to purchase GTA iv to play on my xbox one, why cant i use my digital balance to purchase it? I even tried the microsoft store website but you still cant use the account balance to...
  4. How to buy Xbox 360 games using Microsoft account balance

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to buy Xbox 360 games using Microsoft account balance: When I'm on my Xbox 360 dashboard, it shows no credit, even though in my Microsoft account website there is credit. I've tried re-downloading my profile, didn't work. I can't seem to find Xbox 360...
  5. No longer able to access my Microsoft account on my Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    No longer able to access my Microsoft account on my Xbox 360: I no longer have access to my email that is used for my profile on my Xbox 360 and do not know the password or security question and cannot get into the account to change the email to my new...
  6. Microsoft Account Balance wont apear on my xbox 360 account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Account Balance wont apear on my xbox 360 account: HI, ive recently bought a gift card and after using the code the balanc apeard on my microsoft account, but when i went to purchase a game on my xbox 360 it apeard as if i had 0.00 dolars , i have...
  7. Xbox one working fine but cant see Xbox 360 on my microsoft account even though can log...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one working fine but cant see Xbox 360 on my microsoft account even though can log...: Random problem I upgraded to a Xbox One after my trusty 360 died :( Xbox One working fine but I wanted to move saves and paid games So got a a replacement 360 console that I can log in OK access...
  8. Microsoft-Konto auf der Xbox 360 ändern [Translate] Change your Microsoft account on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft-Konto auf der Xbox 360 ändern [Translate] Change your Microsoft account on Xbox 360: Hallo, ich habe eine kleine Frage. Kann es sein das es nicht mehr möglich ist sein Microsoft-Konto auf seinem Xbox 360 Profil zu ändern? Welche Alternativen gib es das ist den Microsoft-Account...
  9. I updated the region of my Microsoft account, but nothing changed on my xbox 360 game store

in XBoX on Consoles
    I updated the region of my Microsoft account, but nothing changed on my xbox 360 game store: I moved from Brazil to Canada. I updated my Microsoft account's region to Canada, I even added a Canadian credit card to it. But my Xbox 360 store is still the Brazilian one. I bought a...
  10. Microsoft Account cannot find my Xbox 360 Device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Account cannot find my Xbox 360 Device: I am logged into my account on both my PC and on my Xbox 360 console but the system cannot find it and I cannot get it to register to my account. 6cbf12a1-92d1-44fb-9f41-fd7eacbe7f94