Xbox 360 network connection failed

Discus and support Xbox 360 network connection failed in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox 360 network connection failed I am trying to connect my xbox to my hotspot on my cellphone. I have connected before but my system had been put up... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by WhiteyPood1364, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 network connection failed

I am trying to connect my xbox to my hotspot on my cellphone. I have connected before but my system had been put up for awhile. When I plugged my 360 back up and tried to connect to my hotspot I get a network connection failed error. Help!

:)

WhiteyPood1364, Mar 24, 2020
  2. XBF Leonzo G Win User

wireless stopped connecting

Hello Kent,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Does the Xbox 360 provide you with an error message when it fails to connect to the network? Also, does it fail when connecting to network, internet or Xbox Live? We have an article entitled

I've Connected to Xbox Live Before, But I Can't Connect Now
    that provides solutions for the Xbox 360 not being able to connect to a network. Be sure to let us know the results!
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

xbox 360

Hello oscar,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to ensure that we provide the correct solution. Are you able to connect your Xbox 360 to your home network? Do you get an error message or error code when you

test the network connection in the network settings
    ? If the test on the network connection fails, does it end up failing at network, internet or Xbox Live? Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

connecting Xbox360 to Xbox Live

Hello Westy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. In addition to the questions above, have you tested the network on this 360? If the network test fails, what was the error code?

You can find steps for troubleshooting all 360 network issues here :
    Xbox 360 Connection and Network Solution

Hope this helps!
  5. taidara Win User

Frequent Repeated XBox Live Connection Interruptions

I think I may have confused you with my suggestion, by connecting the failing Xbox directly to the router. In this equation, I'm not referring to your Linksys E1200, but instead the 2wire gateway.

You mentioned that you already have one of your Xbox 360's connected directly to the router/modem (2wire). I would like you to try with the exact same setup as your working Xbox 360, but with the failing 360 machine connected directly to your 2wire gateway,
    without the Linksys E1200 in transit, or any other networking device for that matter. With the exception for the failing Xbox 360 and your 2wire gateway.

Topology:

2wire (gateway) ------ Ethernet -------
    Xbox 360
    (the failing console).

Before you go ahead, go to Xbox System Settings and select
    Network settings
    . Select connection type and Configure Network. On the
    Additional settings tab select Restore network settings to factory settings.

Turn off your Xbox.

Turn off your 2wire gateway and let it sit for a couple of minutes.

Turn on the 2wire and wait one minute for it to connect properly and wire your failing Xbox 360 the exact same way as your working Xbox 360.

Now on your console, head back to Network Settings and select
    Test Xbox Live Connection.

Post back and let us know how that goes and we'll go from there.

Thanks!
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox won't connect to Sky modem

Hello,

Where does it fail during the connection test? Does it connect to Network but not LIVE?

Have you reset your Xbox 360 network settings to default? This may help, since you have a different modem now.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 network connection failed - Similar Threads - 360 network connection

2. Xbox 360 wireless network connection problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless network connection problems: I bought a wireless network adapter for my xbox 360 to download the origins dlc for BO2. But everytime i try to connect to my home wifi it says that there are multiple betworks with the same name....
  3. Won't let me download profile or connect to network when starting an xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't let me download profile or connect to network when starting an xbox 360 game: I just bought my xbox with Skate 3, and everytime i go to try and play it the gray screen pops up saying "getting your xbox 360 info" and the progress bar never moves past 0%. After a couple...
  4. Xbox 360 connect to Network but can't get onto internet using Telstra Nighthawk MI WiFi Router

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox 360 connect to Network but can't get onto internet using Telstra Nighthawk MI WiFi Router: Xbox 360 connect to Network but can't get onto internet using Telstra Nighthawk MI WiFi Router Hi Guys, I've followed all support steps from 1 through to 9 with no success. I have just purchased...
  5. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Can't connect to Xbox live in xbox 360 ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Can't connect to Xbox live in xbox 360 ...: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Can't connect to Xbox live in xbox 360 emulator Whenever I try to play any of my xbox 360 games I get an error stating that I can not connect to...
  6. After running successful full network connectivity test, my xbox 360 signs me out of xbox ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    After running successful full network connectivity test, my xbox 360 signs me out of xbox ...: After running a successful full network connectivity test, my Xbox 360 signs me out of Xbox live gold. 2845cf0d-2a71-41aa-b631-252465971dbc
  7. Xbox 360 Fails to connect to Network both wired and wireless ,Getting Internet Blocked while ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Fails to connect to Network both wired and wireless ,Getting Internet Blocked while ...: Hello, Xbox Support community, I am having issues connecting my Xbox 360 to the internet. It's not able to connect to my home network via wired or wireless. I've tried resetting network and Xbox...
  8. Xbox 360 Fails to connect to Network both wired and wireless ,Getting Internet Blocked while ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Fails to connect to Network both wired and wireless ,Getting Internet Blocked while ...: Hello, Xbox Support community, I am having issues connecting my Xbox 360 to the internet. It's not able to connect to my home network via wired or wireless. I've tried resetting network and Xbox...
  9. Network connection lost on 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network connection lost on 360: Was playing MW3 live and someone was modding, able to jump for miles. When game was over and I started a new game, just when an opponent I was shooting was about to die, the game would stop and a...
  10. xBox 360 cannot connect to any WiFi networks

in XBoX on Consoles
    xBox 360 cannot connect to any WiFi networks: Good day. For the past few days, I've been trying to connect my xBox 360 to my wireless network, not working. Then, tried to connect using my cell phone's Hotspot feature, not working. Last, I...