Xbox 360 no sound after recent update

Discus and support Xbox 360 no sound after recent update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox 360 updated today and now there is no sound. I live in UK if that helps. I checked the audio setting on the console and they are all fine.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kasmej, Oct 13, 2018.

1. kasmej
    kasmej Guest

My xbox 360 updated today and now there is no sound. I live in UK if that helps.

I checked the audio setting on the console and they are all fine. Done the rollback of update with different key presses, tried other HDMI cable, other HDMI ports and also a different TV and still have the same issue.

I noticed that when you plug the AV-Scart then the sound is there.

Is any one else having same issues? is there anything other that might be worth trying?

Thanks

:)

kasmej, Oct 13, 2018
  2. No sound after recent update

I turned on my console today and have no sound. Everything was working fine Monday, and I haven't made any changes to settings or wiring.

I've got an Xbox One X hooked up to an Onkyo TX-NR828 via HDMI, going to a Vizio 70" M-Series 4k. The Xbox is my only component so I can't test a different source, but I did a speaker gain level test through the Onkyo and got sound through the speakers.
    So I know it's not the amp gone bad. I've tried using different inputs, no change. I've verified audio settings on the Xbox and the Only, everything looks fine. WTH...

JediJustin1057, Oct 13, 2018
  3. No sound after recent update

After resetting the Xbox and messing with the settings of both the receiver and Xbox, I finally got it working.

JediJustin1057, Oct 13, 2018
  4. kasmej
    kasmej Guest

I managed to resolve this by switching off the display discovery right after i have done the format which now was not needed....

kasmej, Oct 13, 2018
  5. kasmej Win User

I managed to resolve this by switching off the display discovery right after i have done the format which now was not needed....
  6. JediJustin1057 Win User

No sound after recent update

After resetting the Xbox and messing with the settings of both the receiver and Xbox, I finally got it working.
  7. CPatrick_530 Win User

Update error

After the most recent update, 9/2/2014, my Xbox 360 is suffering video and sound problems. The graphics will cut out (blank screen), and/or freeze with a pixilated screen. The sound is now cutting out intermittently. I haven't found a remedy. The unit
    worked flawlessly before the update.
  8. TMZN Win User

Help Won't connect to Xbox Live ...

It sounds like you need an alternative way to get the most recent update. Try the suggestions on this page to manually download the most recent update to your console.

support.xbox.com/.../system-updates
  9. TMZN Win User

Won't connect to Xbox Live?

Thema:

1. Xbox 360 no sound after recent update - Similar Threads - 360 sound recent

2. Xbox 360 wont turn on but makes a sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wont turn on but makes a sound: Hi , my xbix 360 slim wont go on but it makes a sound. I have watched video after video on YouTube, tried the xbox support no power solution , tried everything but it doesn't work Please help me...
  3. XBOX 360 Super Slim no sound on HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Super Slim no sound on HDMI: Hi All I do require your help as I turned my Xbox 360 super slim today 13/10/18 after couple of months and there was and update to be downloaded. After that has finished and the console restarted...
  4. How to set up Xbox 360 so game sound comes through headphones, not TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set up Xbox 360 so game sound comes through headphones, not TV?: Hey Everyone, Unlike my PS4, this Xbox 360 has no provision for listening to the game audio through headphones plugged into the controller. Is there some kind of hardware configuration I can use...
  5. Xbox one/Xbox 360 no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one/Xbox 360 no sound: Hello everyone ! I got some problem with both of my xbox. Both of them have no sound. I've changed my hdmi cable on both of them and nothing have changed. I've played with parameter but nothing...
  6. Xbox 360 Slim either freezes and restarts or gives power off sound and turns off. HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim either freezes and restarts or gives power off sound and turns off. HELP!: Okay so I have an NTSC Xbox 360 in the UK (they're pretty hard to come by but I need one for speedrunning purposes), and while I never used to have this problem, the past few months whenever I've...
  7. No sound through Official Xbox 360 wireless headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound through Official Xbox 360 wireless headset.: I recently purchased an Xbox 360 wireless headset, and no sound has come through it. The microphone works, but sound doesn't come through. I've tried muting and unmuting, changing the volume,...
  8. on Xbox 360 I found 4 problem with minecraft game bug sounds problem and person is not there.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    on Xbox 360 I found 4 problem with minecraft game bug sounds problem and person is not there.: on Xbox 360 I found 3 problem with mine craft game bug sounds problem and person is not there. in 5 years I found these problems and water not moving the right way I had to install mine craft 2...
  9. Sound cutting out on BC 360 games on my XB1. Afterwards no audio on dash and in XB1 til full ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound cutting out on BC 360 games on my XB1. Afterwards no audio on dash and in XB1 til full ...: im not sure if it has to do w my new 2tb seagate Xbox branded harddrive or not. But audio on some of my 360 games I play via BC will cut totally out and ill have to fully shutdown my XB1 to get it...
  10. No sound through Official Xbox 360 wireless headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound through Official Xbox 360 wireless headset.: I recently purchased an Xbox 360 wireless headset, and no sound has come through it. The microphone works, but sound doesn't come through. I've tried muting and unmuting, changing the volume,...