Xbox 360 not reading a single disc

Discus and support Xbox 360 not reading a single disc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 will not read a single disc. I have no idea why. When I put one in it says "open tray" it doesn't even realize that there is a disc in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MisterMcDerp, Jan 22, 2014.

1. MisterMcDerp
    MisterMcDerp Guest

My Xbox 360 will not read a single disc. I have no idea why. When I put one in it says "open tray" it doesn't even realize that there is a disc in there. Does anyone know what the problem is? Any help would be nice.

:)

MisterMcDerp, Jan 22, 2014
  2. Some disc error support.....

The console now works using both Blu-rays and games. Not one single issue with disc reading since.

snips n snaps, Jan 22, 2014
  3. Both CDs DONT WORK.

I've got half this problem. The multiplayer works perfectly fine, but the Single Player gives me the unrecognized disc error.

I've been reading in other forums where it's suggested that the problem lies in the new XGD3 disc standard - which adds 1GB of useable data to 360 DVDs - may not be compatible with a certain percentage of Xbox 360 DVD drives.

Looks like XBOX were swapping out incompatible consoles. See the links below:

[View:http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/05/idscrub.jpg]

uk.kotaku.com/.../does-the-xbox-360s-new-disc-format-not-work-with-some-older-consoles

Stevieblueyez, Jan 22, 2014
  4. oOUTSIDERo62
    oOUTSIDERo62 Guest

oOUTSIDERo62, Jan 22, 2014
  5. OptimalBasilisk Win User

Backwards compatibility

Nope, nothing. It just sits there and does absolutely nothing at all. Every xbox one disc reads absolutely fine, but every single 360 disc will not read, or even attempt to read.........
  6. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

7. STArkarian Win User

Playing Xbox games on Xbox 360/Disc spin

I believe what is happening is that they do spin, just at a lower speed due to the way the data was put on the discs. Xbox 360 discs use a dual-layer format, which reuires the read head moving to dfferent spots on the disc and reading ata different depths.
    Xbox discs are single layer, so they need only to read the visible layer on top.
  8. dlCHIEF58 Win User

XBOX 360 wont read a single disc

Your DVD drive has failed and in need of repair. You will need to set up a repair for it through Microsoft, either by phone or online. If it is still in warranty, there will be no charge. If it is out of warranty, then repair would cost between $80 and $120
    depending upon your model and how you set up the repair ticket (it is cheaper to do so online than over the phone). Here is the link to get you started:

support.xbox.com/.../repair-process
  9. OptimalBasilisk Win User

Backwards compatibility

Nope, it seriously just sits there and does nothing. It doesn't even say it's the wrong disc, nothing. Every single xbox one game reads with no issue at all, bot a 360 disc seems to just not work. Have I bought the only dodgy xbox one s?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 not reading a single disc - Similar Threads - 360 reading single

2. Why Won’t My Xbox 360 Read Game Discs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Won’t My Xbox 360 Read Game Discs?: The major contributing factor to a disc read error is a dirty optical lens (the one that your Xbox 360 laser passes through to read the disc itself). If there is dirt or dust on the laser lens,...
  3. Xbox won't read 360 games??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won't read 360 games??: Hello..I really need some help. For some reason I cannot load or read 360 games, I tried two games i have and both won't do anything. I really want to play the game R.U.S.E...i use to be able to...
  4. Profile read issues on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile read issues on Xbox 360: For some reason my Xbox 360 has only 3GB of storage and likes to corrupt files so I bought a USB drive and now I store all my data on that. In a recent update to my console, my Xbox was no longer...
  5. I'm moving games from one X-box 360 that won't read discs to a new to me used 360 that I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm moving games from one X-box 360 that won't read discs to a new to me used 360 that I...: Visit www.xbox.com/drm which brings me to a page that no longer exists? If you need more info or if I was unclear please ask. 810619a8-b52b-4189-a08b-da034df19ae2
  6. Xbox one can't read xbox 360 disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one can't read xbox 360 disc: Suddenly my xbox one stopped to read xbox 360 disc. When i insert the 360 disc it start to spin for 1second and it stop like there's no power to spin the heavy disc but when i insert xbox one disc...
  7. Xbox one not reading my 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one not reading my 360 games: I've just recently (only a few days) bought an Xbox one, refurbished by GameStop, a big chunk of the reason is that I have a ton of 360 games that backward compatible. The trouble is almost none...
  8. Xbox One suddenly not able to read original Xbox and Xbox 360 discs! Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One suddenly not able to read original Xbox and Xbox 360 discs! Help!: Turned on my Xbox One today to play some original Xbox and Xbox 360 disc games and all of a sudden it's unable to read ANY of them. I have about 15 backwards compatible games I had previously...
  9. Xbox 360 No discs will read and Service Alert

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 No discs will read and Service Alert: Recently ran into an issue where none of my discs play an error code of 8C230002 pops-up. Also there is a Xbox service alert. When I check online for my region it says there is no outage. So, I...
  10. XBOX 360 wont read a single disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 wont read a single disc: it wont read a disc. it just says open tray. any help would be nice. 9ba9b46f-4e45-49ea-9374-aa40f405f05a