XBOX 360 Old Gen & HDMI

Discus and support XBOX 360 Old Gen & HDMI in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there! Yes I know, 2019 probably is a little late for an XBOX 360 old generation discussion, but I have a question in regards to visual output to a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DylanNgo, May 10, 2019.

1. DylanNgo
    DylanNgo Guest

XBOX 360 Old Gen & HDMI

Hi there!

Yes I know, 2019 probably is a little late for an XBOX 360 old generation discussion, but I have a question in regards to visual output to a 4K HDTV.

Luckily, my 4K Roku TV HDTV has a component AV input for my XBOX 360 output, but it only contains the basic red, white and yellow inputs. Therefore, the TV setting on the cable works, but not the HDTV setting on the cable.

When I boot up the XBOX 360, the resolution is terrible at 480p, but whenever I try to update the resolution, the signal gets lost. It notes in the settings that "HDTV output is disabled. Your XBOX 360 Component HD AV Cable is currently set to TV. Connect an
    XBOX 360 HD AV Cable to configure high definition display modes."

If I'm correct, this is because there's no input for the other blue, green and red cable that forms the YPbPr?

Anywho, I really have been trying to get a higher resolution and the Roku TV mainly suggests to connect via the HDMI input. The problem is my XBOX 360 does not have an HDMI port.

I did some searching for an AV to HDMI converter, but I'm unsure if it will work.

I found it here:
    Here.
    which suggests that I can use a converter.

Overall proceeds to here:
    amz.com vers
    |
    amz.ca vers

Now, considering the previous post was 8 years ago and locked, I cannot input anything to that thread, so now I proceed to here.

If anyone has an XBOX 360 with no HDMI and a TV that mainly uses HDMI, how did you do it?

And if you've experienced the HDMI converter, does it work? Is it worth it or should I just stick with what I have?

Thanks in advance, and I hope I can get advice soon!

:)

DylanNgo, May 10, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

XBOX 360 Old Gen & HDMI

Hi there!

Yes I know, 2019 probably is a little late for an XBOX 360 old generation discussion, but I have a question in regards to visual output to a 4K HDTV.

Luckily, my 4K Roku TV HDTV has a component AV input for my XBOX 360 output, but it only contains the basic red, white and yellow inputs. Therefore, the TV setting on the cable works, but not the HDTV setting on the cable.
    I'm not quite sure what your setup is, I thought Roku just made streaming boxes, not HDTV's? Can you clarify?

Red, White and Yellow inputs on a TV are Composite Video, not Component Video. Composite is a standard definition video source and a rather dated one these days.

I've seen Component to HDMI converters that work for playing an none HDMI supported console on a modern TV. As long as your TV has HDMI one of these should work. Bear in mind that these devices are certainly not created equal, with cheaper models causing
    serious issues such as latency, ghosting, poor colour reproduction and so forth.

Please clarify with us what you're working with here.

Thanks.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

XBOX 360 Old Gen & HDMI

The best video signal you’ll get out of your pre-2007 Xbox 360 is 1080i over component.

The AV cable on your Xbox 360 should have six RCA plugs coming out of it: component (red, green, blue) and composite (yellow for video, red and white for stereo audio). To use the component connection, you would have to flip the switch to “HDTV” (on the
    Xbox 360 AV connector), then plug the component and audio RCA plugs into the TV, leaving the yellow one out.

I know a lot of 4K TVs nowadays offer component and composite video support, but there’s not enough RCA inputs so you’d have to plug it into a shared RCA jack. (e.g. my Samsung 4K has 5 RCA jacks for component and stereo audio, but to use composite video,
    you would plug the yellow connector into the green component jack). Check your TV manual to see how these connections are achieved, if this is the case.

If the HDTV setting is not working, then there may be a problem with your AV connector. There are many replacements available online (I’m seeing around $6-7 on ebay when you search “xbox 360 av cable”).

As for getting this on HDMI, I would not bother with all the trouble. Considering the money you’re spending on the equipment to convert, you’d may as well hit up a used games shop and find yourself a Xbox 360 console with HDMI for maybe $20-40. Or, if you
    have an Xbox One, check if your favorite games are on the Backward Compatibility list, play them on that, and you’ll already be playing in HD.
  4. DylanNgo Win User

XBOX 360 Old Gen & HDMI

What we can do is switch this post to a discussion to reach out to the rest of our Xbox Forums Community
    If it is not much of a hassle, I would love that, thank you very much for the quick reply Nestor!
  5. XBF Nestor S Win User

XBOX 360 Old Gen & HDMI

Hey there Dylan thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to us.

Unfortunately the Xbox 360 console doesn't support HDMI output and since the converter isn't first party we wouldn't be able to condone it. What we can do is switch this post to a discussion to reach out to the rest of our Xbox Forums Community for a better
    chance of getting this ironed out. We hope this helps.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Graphics Issues after downloading updates

Which model 360 do you have? How old is it?

If it's a first gen HDMI from 2007, its time has come.
Thema:

XBOX 360 Old Gen & HDMI

1. XBOX 360 Old Gen & HDMI - Similar Threads - 360 Old Gen

2. Recover Old Xbox 360 Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover Old Xbox 360 Account?: Split from this thread. A have a question that is some what the same but not. 3 Christmas ago My home was broken into and one of the items that was stolen was my 360. And it ripped me open....
  3. Recover Old Xbox 360 Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover Old Xbox 360 Account?: I want to be able to use my old Xbox 360 Account and possibly merge it with my current Xbox account, however I've forgotten the old Email that I used for my old Xbox 360 account; I still remember...
  4. Is it possible to recover a old 360 account without email or password?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to recover a old 360 account without email or password?: I've been trying for years to recover my old 360 account to get my purchases back (dlc , games ect.). I made the account when i was little and cant even remember if xbox required you to use an...
  5. trying to get my old 360 account back after forgetting my old email but i rember the gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    trying to get my old 360 account back after forgetting my old email but i rember the gamertag: so i don't remember what my 360 account email was but i rember the gamer tag is there any way i could find the email so i can get back my old account back ? 3f0032b0-e4a5-4eba-84cf-1fe560821b66
  6. How to add my old xbox 360 gamertag account to my current windows 10 account

in XBoX on Windows
    How to add my old xbox 360 gamertag account to my current windows 10 account: I'm trying to add my old Xbox 360 account to my windows 10 account to play games on PC, they are on 2 separate emails, I've tried adding the email as an alias but my 360 profile doesn't show up...
  7. My 2 day old xbox 0ne x will not load or play any of my 360 games I thought it was supposed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 2 day old xbox 0ne x will not load or play any of my 360 games I thought it was supposed...: My 2 day old xbox 0ne x will not load or play any of my 360 games I thought it was supposed to be backwards compatible if so what am I doing wrong . It will not download them or even recognize...
  8. Can Not Access xBox 360 Old/Saved Games After Setting Up xBox 1.....Help.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Not Access xBox 360 Old/Saved Games After Setting Up xBox 1.....Help.: Got a new xBox 1 S. Hooked everything up and my account info transferred when I entered the email and password. Started playing Assassin Creed Origins to make sure all was good. It was. I read...
  9. recovering an old xbox 360 account

in XBoX Accessibility
    recovering an old xbox 360 account: i used to have an old account on Xbox 360 but unfortunately ended up selling it, i recently got a new Xbox and when i tried to signing into my account on the Microsoft website, it had all the same...
  10. 360-Can I add old profile info to new profile on new console?

in XBoX Accessibility
    360-Can I add old profile info to new profile on new console?: Years ago I had a 360 and it met an untimely demise thanks to my son. I bought a new (used) 360 for my truck about a year ago. Since it was on my truck it didn't go online, I mostly used it for...