Xbox 360 PC wireless gaming receiver not recognized by windows 10

Discus and support Xbox 360 PC wireless gaming receiver not recognized by windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a wireless gaming receiver for windows and when I connect it to my computer it scans for drivers but doesn't recognize the device. This means... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MitchellB., Oct 21, 2018.

1. MitchellB.
    MitchellB. Guest

I have a wireless gaming receiver for windows and when I connect it to my computer it scans for drivers but doesn't recognize the device. This means that it doesn't download the necessary drivers for me to use it. How can I fix this so I can use the device.

***Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Xbox on Windows***

:)

MitchellB., Oct 21, 2018
  2. xbox 360 controller

hello guys.i want an advisei want to buy a xbox 360 controller for pc with windows 10

what you suggest?wired or wireless? they have the same recognation in games?

KeyKitten897954, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Mr MB Nobody
    Mr MB Nobody Guest
    Mr MB Nobody, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Xbox 360 PC wireless gaming receiver not recognized by windows 10

Rick Rorschach, Oct 22, 2018
  5. Mekirin
    Mekirin Guest
    I have the driver downloaded, But, I can't link the driver to the "Unknown Device" (My Wireless controller receiver). All I can do to the device is remove it. My computer can tell me about it is that it's Unknow and that the driver is missing (Which it is
    not, as I said earlier).

If you have any other knowledge or information about the subject and how to help, please respond to this Post.

Thank you,

Mekirin, Oct 26, 2018
  6. Hey there Mekirin,

Sorry to hear that you're going through that.

If you haven't already, then I would go ahead and follow the steps on our support site entitled

Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 controller for Windows
    for steps that can help.

Give that page a look over and let us know how that information helped.

Thanks!

XBF Esteban R, Oct 26, 2018
  7. MitchellB.
    MitchellB. Guest
    The first link offers no solutions to my problem, and the second link still does not work.

MitchellB., Nov 2, 2018
  8. MitchellB.
    MitchellB. Guest

This video gave me the solution i needed

MitchellB., Nov 5, 2018
  9. Fed up with idiots Win User

xbox 360 wireless controller not appearing on device manager and not working...

which wireless receiver are you using?

The 360 controller needs a USB radio for the PC to use it and if that radio is not working then check if it is damaged. The radio is recognized by windows 10 fine, I have one made by Microsoft
  10. Mr MB Nobody Win User

Controller not found in joy.cpl

11. XBF Diego M Win User

Can the X Box One Wireless Controller with Bluetooth also be used with the X Box One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10?

Hi Beau,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to answer that.

The Xbox One Wireless controller with Bluetooth can be connected to a Windows 10 PC with a USB cable, Bluetooth, or with the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10, so yes, it can be connected via the adapter. The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not
    compatible with an Xbox 360 controller and will need the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. I'll provide the support articles with this information:

I hope this helps!
  12. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Controller Xbox360 / PC / Windows 10 - Issues

Hi Sidney N Paula,

sorry to hear. First of all the 360 controller only works with USB-cable on Windows 10 computer. For the wireless mode you need a

speciall wireless adapter and a extra driver
    . And second as far as I know, sorry some XBOX ONE GAMES do not recognize the 360 Controller.

Hope this helps
  13. maxen Win User

Connecting my Xbox 360 controller to Windows 8 laptop.

For wireless Xbox 360 controllers, you cannot use the charging cable to connect to a PC (it only transfers power, not data). To use the controller with a PC, you will either need an "Xbox 360 controller for Windows" (non-detachable cable) or use your existing
    wireless controller with the wireless gaming receiver for Windows.

This is the wireless adapter you could use:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-windows

Let us know if you have any questions.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 PC wireless gaming receiver not recognized by windows 10 - Similar Threads - 360 wireless gaming

2. Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver software?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver software?: ive just recently got a new computer and when plugging in my xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver it didnt install the software needed so it wont connect to my controller, and i found this guide, but...
  3. Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver shuts down my pc when connected

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver shuts down my pc when connected: Hi, a month ago i experienced a error, i was playing with my xbox 360 gamepad connected to my laptop since i dont use my xbox anymore, i was playing and it disconnected, when i reconnected my...
  4. Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver, problem with drivers

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver, problem with drivers: I recently bought a third party pc wireless gaming receiver which should work with Xbox 360 wireless controllers but the problem is downloading the drivers for this receiver. I followed this...
  5. Xbox 1 to Xbox 360 wireless gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 to Xbox 360 wireless gaming: I have an xbox 1 and an xbox 360 in two different locations. If I have the xbox 360 wireless adapter will I be able to play the same game where I left off of on one or the other? For example, if I...
  6. no connection..verizon wireless hotspot to xbox live from an xbox 360 game console

in XboX Networking Hardware
    no connection..verizon wireless hotspot to xbox live from an xbox 360 game console: no connection..verizon wireless hotspot to xbox live from an xbox 360 game console Hi daniellecauvin, Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing issues with your connection to a...
  7. Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?: Alrighty. I'm trying to play games on the Windows 10 version of the XBox Games Pass with an XBox 360 wireless controller. I'm able to use the controller on other game services (example: Steam,...
  8. Windows 10 does not recognize my Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 does not recognize my Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver: Hello, I have recently bought an Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver in order to connect my wireless Xbox 360 gaming controller. I have tried to connect my wireless receiver but my PC does not...
  9. xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...: Hello, I've got windows 10 with the latest update installed, I also have wireless xbox 360 controller. It works perfectly fine under Steam but I can't get it working with any of my games run...
  10. Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver: I recently bought a wireless receiver and my laptop says it needs its drivers updated, unfortunately i have not found anything remotely close to what i am looking for, if anyone could help me with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 xbox wireless receiver not recongnised