Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver software?

Discus and support Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver software? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ive just recently got a new computer and when plugging in my xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver it didnt install the software needed so it wont connect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NarinaTadayn, Nov 25, 2021.

1. NarinaTadayn
    NarinaTadayn Guest

ive just recently got a new computer and when plugging in my xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver it didnt install the software needed so it wont connect to my controller, and i found this guide, but i lost the installation cd and i cant for the life of me navigate to the microsoft hardware site to find the download for the software needed, so if someone could send me the link to the page needed that would be wonderful

:)

NarinaTadayn, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Mr MB Nobody Win User

Controller not found in joy.cpl

3. maxen Win User

Connecting my Xbox 360 controller to Windows 8 laptop.

For wireless Xbox 360 controllers, you cannot use the charging cable to connect to a PC (it only transfers power, not data). To use the controller with a PC, you will either need an "Xbox 360 controller for Windows" (non-detachable cable) or use your existing
    wireless controller with the wireless gaming receiver for Windows.

This is the wireless adapter you could use:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-windows

Let us know if you have any questions.
  4. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Play and Charge for windows

5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Win 10 xbox receiver

Hi robertcawrey,

Thanks for your post! To use an Xbox 360 controller on a Windows PC, you must use the

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver
    . Since the Xbox 360 controller and Xbox One controller use different wireless technologies, the new receiver is not compatible with 360 controllers.

I hope this helps.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox360 controller won't connect to pc

I've got an authentic wireless controller and I'm using the corded adapter.
    Hi,

Wireless Xbox 360 controllers are always wireless. You can't make them wired with the Play and Charge adaptor. The Play and Charge only charges the battery or powers the controller if no battery is present, it doesn't send data, hence the reason for all the lights flashing and no connection.

The only way to use a Xbox 360 wireless controller on PC is buy a Xbox 360 gaming receiver and it must be the '360 receiver' as the Xbox One version is compatible with the old Xbox 360 controllers. With the receiver present you can sync the controller via wireless to the PC.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver software? - Similar Threads - 360 Wireless Gaming

2. Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver shuts down my pc when connected

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver shuts down my pc when connected: Hi, a month ago i experienced a error, i was playing with my xbox 360 gamepad connected to my laptop since i dont use my xbox anymore, i was playing and it disconnected, when i reconnected my...
  3. Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver, problem with drivers

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver, problem with drivers: I recently bought a third party pc wireless gaming receiver which should work with Xbox 360 wireless controllers but the problem is downloading the drivers for this receiver. I followed this...
  4. Xbox 1 to Xbox 360 wireless gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 to Xbox 360 wireless gaming: I have an xbox 1 and an xbox 360 in two different locations. If I have the xbox 360 wireless adapter will I be able to play the same game where I left off of on one or the other? For example, if I...
  5. no connection..verizon wireless hotspot to xbox live from an xbox 360 game console

in XboX Networking Hardware
    no connection..verizon wireless hotspot to xbox live from an xbox 360 game console: no connection..verizon wireless hotspot to xbox live from an xbox 360 game console Hi daniellecauvin, Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing issues with your connection to a...
  6. Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?: Alrighty. I'm trying to play games on the Windows 10 version of the XBox Games Pass with an XBox 360 wireless controller. I'm able to use the controller on other game services (example: Steam,...
  7. Windows 10 does not recognize my Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 does not recognize my Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver: Hello, I have recently bought an Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver in order to connect my wireless Xbox 360 gaming controller. I have tried to connect my wireless receiver but my PC does not...
  8. xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...: Hello, I've got windows 10 with the latest update installed, I also have wireless xbox 360 controller. It works perfectly fine under Steam but I can't get it working with any of my games run...
  9. Xbox 360 PC wireless gaming receiver not recognized by windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 PC wireless gaming receiver not recognized by windows 10: I have a wireless gaming receiver for windows and when I connect it to my computer it scans for drivers but doesn't recognize the device. This means that it doesn't download the necessary drivers...
  10. Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver: I recently bought a wireless receiver and my laptop says it needs its drivers updated, unfortunately i have not found anything remotely close to what i am looking for, if anyone could help me with...