xbox 360 remote

Discus and support xbox 360 remote in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox 360 remote controller keeps turning off , the batteries are fresh and it doesnt blink or flash before it turns off. it mainly just turns off... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kiaralavalley, Dec 8, 2021.

1. xbox 360 remote

My xbox 360 remote controller keeps turning off , the batteries are fresh and it doesnt blink or flash before it turns off. it mainly just turns off when its hit or used too hard/hard.ive looked all over the remote and their isnt anything visibly wrong with it , is there anything i can do to fix it?

:)

kiaralavalley, Dec 8, 2021
  2. Jack T. Chance Win User

Having trouble getting the new Xbox 360 Media Remote to work with my Xbox 360 console.

Update to my last post:

If you have the current version of the Xbox 360 Dashboard, follow this command path -- System Settings > Console Settings > Remote Control

You will see 2 options listed: "Both Remotes" (allows you to use either the Xbox 360 Media Remote or a Windows Media Center Remote) and "Xbox 360 Media Remote" (sets the system to accept input from only an Official Xbox 360 Media Remote, or an Officially Licensed
    3rd party equivalent.) Make sure your system is set to "Xbox 360 Media Remote" then exit out of the System Settings menus and try the remote again.

I hope that helps. :)
  3. wikkiwild Win User

Xbox and bell fibe

The only remote that works is the remote for the 360. Your xbox retailer should have them in stock.
  4. RhandzGrayerLTD Win User

Xbox 360 media remote (new)

It's because there's no sync button on the new remote, you just have to enable it in the settings. Try doing these steps:

Turn on the XBOX 360 Slim.

Go To MY XBOX

Go To SYSTEM SETTINGS (very last tile)

Go To CONSOLE SETTINGS

Go To CONTROLLER SETTINGS

Click BOTH REMOTES: Enable SELECT BOTH REMOTES TO ENABLE THE XBOX 360 MEDIA REMOTE AND THE WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER REMOTE.

It should work. :)
  5. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Universal media remote (original white one) does not work with new style 360

Hello,

Thanks for the support message.

If the buttons are not working for your remote, please follow these steps below.

• Check for interference. Remove any objects that may block the infrared port on the remote or on the console. This includes metallic or metallic-painted faceplates on the console.
    • If the infrared port on the faceplate is damaged, replace the faceplate.
    • Put new batteries in the remote control to determine whether the behavior is caused by weak batteries. Remove the batteries from the remote control, press each button two times, and then replace the batteries.
    More information on your issue:

Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote

How to troubleshoot your Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

Cheers!
  6. Jack T. Chance Win User

Having trouble getting the new Xbox 360 Media Remote to work with my Xbox 360 console.

If this is the first time you've had/used an Xbox 360 Media Remote, you have to go to System Settings > Remote Control and change the setting from either "Windows Media Center" or "Both" (depending on which version of the Xbox Console you have) to "Xbox
    Remote". For some reason, the default setting is the WRONG one. That's most likely what's causing your remote to not work.

If you ALREADY have it set to "Xbox Remote" and it still doesn't work, you may have a defective remote if it's an official Microsoft Xbox 360 Media Remote.

If it's a 3rd Party remote, made by a different brand, in all likelihood you've wasted your money on a remote that doesn't actually work for the Xbox 360. The only 3rd party remote I recommend and will vouch for is a very hard to find European model, the
    Snakebyte Media Remote. It's the only one that gets good reviews. When I wanted a black Xbox 360 Media Remote with Backlit Keys, I tracked one down on eBay, and I can personally attest that it works every bit as well as the official Microsoft
    remotes. But good luck finding one, they are very scarce right now. I consider myself very lucky to have managed to track one down. ^_^
Thema:

xbox 360 remote

1. xbox 360 remote - Similar Threads - 360 remote

2. How do I connect an Xbox 360 remote to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect an Xbox 360 remote to my windows 11 PC?: I've found various guides online saying that Windows 10 will automatically install the drivers when you plug in the remote to your computer, but on my Windows 11 PC, nothing happens. Is it...
  3. How To Use Microsoft xBox 360 Universal Remote Control

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How To Use Microsoft xBox 360 Universal Remote Control: I have bought a Universal remote control called microsoft XBox 360 universal remote control DVD games playback kit. Have got it last week. Now, I cannot use it since there is no any user manual ....
  4. Can no longer remote play 360 games

in XBoX on Windows
    Can no longer remote play 360 games: So I use the Xbox One’s remote play feature frequently so I can stream my Xbox to my laptop and still do some gaming while my kids use the tv. My laptop just died so I switched to using my iPad...
  5. Xbox one remote not working on PC and saying it has 360 drivers installed.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one remote not working on PC and saying it has 360 drivers installed.: I have a two xbox one remotes that I am trying to connect with micro usb to my pc neither work. I have swapped the cables and swapped the ports, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers via...
  6. 360 games remote play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 games remote play: so im looking to use 360 games on remote play when this happens 41c6c5fc-47a1-4cd0-8293-baba3a67f4f4
  7. Will the Xbox 360 Universal Media remote work with Xbox 1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Xbox 360 Universal Media remote work with Xbox 1?: I've been thinking of buying a Xbox 360 Universal Media remote, and I was wondering if it worked with Xbox 1, or would I need to get an xbox 1 TV remote?- 1e589802-074a-4990-8546-62e592d5f4a8
  8. xbox 360 remotes

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 remotes: I recently gave my old xbox 360 slim to my dad and got two new remotes. Both remotes can connect seperatly but they wont connect at the same time so we can play 2 player. Ive tried everything that...
  9. remote headset wont pair with controller and xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    remote headset wont pair with controller and xbox 360: Hi,i cant connect up my official headset it goes to 2 when the xbox 360 and controller stay on 1 i have tried other official earpiece and they just go to 3 or 4 but not 1 any ideas whats happening...
  10. Connecting Xbox 360 remote to pc windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    Connecting Xbox 360 remote to pc windows 10?: I have not been able to connect my xbox 360 remote to my pc. I have tried installing drivers, using different USB ports, and different controllers nothing seems to work....