Xbox 360 Rights Database Storage

Discus and support Xbox 360 Rights Database Storage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got a new Xbox 360, did a license transfer, and redownloaded everything and it went smoothly, but I noticed that the "Rights Database" file was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IronicEar979, Apr 15, 2019.

1. IronicEar979
    IronicEar979 Guest

I got a new Xbox 360, did a license transfer, and redownloaded everything and it went smoothly, but I noticed that the "Rights Database" file was stored under my USB flash drive that was plugged in. If for whatever reason this Xbox breaks down and I buy
    another console, would there be any issues if I did a license transfer while I had my USB flash drive plugged in that other console or would it work fine and just overwrite the file? Would there also be any issues if I did the transfer without the USB flash
    drive in, and then plug the USB flash drive that contained the Right Database file in after?

:)

IronicEar979, Apr 15, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

As far as I know (and I might be wrong, since I don't work for Microsoft, and they might have changed stuff around), but the Rights Database is just for Media files with some Digital Rights Management.

The actual game licenses are stored in a hidden partition that shouldn't be visible to the normal user.

So as WPAK already said: In case your console breaks, simply do a license transfer again, and re-download the games, as the license ownership is mainly stored on the Microsoft Xbox Online servers.

As long as the game is already stored on your console, the console will only download the small license file and store it in the hidden partition.
  3. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

as far as I know the rights are fetched from Xbox Live and your Xbox Live Account itself. So it shouldn't matter if the USB drive is available or not. I assume it will only use the file(s) with the most recent date etc. So it should work just fine
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there IronicEar979,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is a concern on game licenses. You can use your Xbox profile on different consoles. As long as you know your account credentials (email & password), all purchases will be available once you
    log into the account. Your Microsoft account is the same for both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One console. Check out the following articles:

Hope this helps.
  5. CDOG2058 Win User

What is Rights Database ?

can u delete rights database for extra storage
  6. iRayDawg Win User

Rights Database

The rights database should be in the "System Items" folder on your storage device.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Rights Database Storage - Similar Threads - 360 Rights Database

2. Dead to Rights Availability in Canada (Xbox 360 and Xbox One)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead to Rights Availability in Canada (Xbox 360 and Xbox One): I'm really confused as to why I cannot download Dead to Rights. When I attempt to do so I receive an error message that says the offer isn't available in my region. It doesn't make any sense...
  3. Xbox 360 slim freezes right after logo screen

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox 360 slim freezes right after logo screen: Xbox 360 slim freezes right after logo screen Please help! My Xbox 360 slim continues to freeze every time right after the logo screen, the screen glitches and turns blue and green then freezes....
  4. Youtube app on Xbox 360 displaying error message. "Sorry, Youtube isn't available Right now..."

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube app on Xbox 360 displaying error message. "Sorry, Youtube isn't available Right now...": The youtube app on my xbox 360 has been displaying an Error message as stated above. I've tried everything. I've restarted the console, redownloaded the app, waiting for a few hours and nothing...
  5. TWITCH APP NOT WORKING RIGHT ON XBOX 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TWITCH APP NOT WORKING RIGHT ON XBOX 360: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN...IM HAVING A PROBLEM ALL OF A SUDDEN WITH THE TWITCH APP ON XBOX 360...THE PROBLEM IS THAT LIKE WHEN YOU GO TO GO TO A STREAM THE APP TRIES TO LOAD THE STREAM AND THEN JUST...
  6. Please help! Xbox 360 slim freezes right after logo screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help! Xbox 360 slim freezes right after logo screen: My Xbox 360 slim continues to freeze every time right after the logo screen, the screen glitches and turns blue and green then freezes. It won't response except the power button. What should be...
  7. XBOX 360 USB controller right thumbstick error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 USB controller right thumbstick error: I'm using an Xbox 360 controller for some Steam games and apps. My right thumbstick does not work for Steam games today, when it worked perfectly fine yesterday. There is no wear that is tangeable...
  8. Xbox 360 says "can't download xbox live profiles right now, try again later."

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 says "can't download xbox live profiles right now, try again later.": I go to download my profile on my 360 and it says that and the number "0" is below it. I deleted my profile because it wouldn't let me sign in to play games, it would sign me out when I launched...
  9. My XBox 360 right bumper button broke a moment ago and I need help with warranty.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox 360 right bumper button broke a moment ago and I need help with warranty.: I was playing Rocket League earlier and the right bumper button broke on me, which is unfortunate because I use that very heavily for one of the controls in the game. I tried registering my...
  10. Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right.: Okay I am having some issues here. Here is what I have tried Controller works but only 2 parts don't: L and R trigger and the D pad 1 controller: Rock candy 2 controller: Used Xbox 360...