Xbox 360 s hard drive failure

Discus and support Xbox 360 s hard drive failure in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a slim xbox with a 320gb hard drive. Sometimes it will work fine and others it will take a few minutes for the console to boot up and sign me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EazyFries, Jun 22, 2014.

1. EazyFries
    EazyFries Guest

I have a slim xbox with a 320gb hard drive. Sometimes it will work fine and others it will take a few minutes for the console to boot up and sign me in. When this happens the hard drive shows up as unformatted. Also theres a slight delay when clicking storage
    In the settings. Do I need to get a new hard drive?

:)

EazyFries, Jun 22, 2014
  2. Mad Cow Dizease, Jun 22, 2014
  3. bird098
    bird098 Guest
    Xbox 360 E Hard Drive?

I want to get an HDD for a 4GB Xbox 360 E but all I seem to find are hard drives for the Xbox 360 S. Are Xbox 360 S hard drives compatible with the Xbox 360 E?

bird098, Jun 22, 2014
  4. EazyFries
    EazyFries Guest

Edit

When I try to format it, it asks for the console serial number, so after I enter the serial number and hit enter it doesnt do anything.

EazyFries, Jun 22, 2014
  5. EazyFries Win User

Edit

When I try to format it, it asks for the console serial number, so after I enter the serial number and hit enter it doesnt do anything.
  6. The Dukenator Win User

Transfer data

All you need is a hard drive transfer cable for $20.

Are both hard drives for the 360 S or is one for the 360 S and the other for the original xbox 360?
  7. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Cannot access system settings

8. WPAK Win User

if the hard drive of my xbox says unformatted what do i do?

Hi there,

if this is happening on a 360 then it could mean a hardware failure on the hdd.

Restarting the console can help or disconnecting or reconnecting the hard drive.

See this link for these and additional steps: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/hard-drive

If nothing fixes the issue then the only option would be to get a replacement 360 hard drive.
  9. Daft Badger Win User

My 60 gb hdd won't work:(

If you have a xbox 360s then there is no 60gb hard drive for that model.You can't use hard drives from the older model 360's on the 360s or 360e.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 s hard drive failure - Similar Threads - 360 hard drive

2. I cant play MX unleashed on my 360. It says 360 hard drive required

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant play MX unleashed on my 360. It says 360 hard drive required: So I downloaded MX unleashed today as the free game with gold live. Its installed but whenever I start it, a screen appears saying I need to attach xbox 360 hard drive to play this game. I am able...
  3. Can't use games on my 360 hard drive without being connected to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't use games on my 360 hard drive without being connected to the internet: Can't use games on my 360 hard drive without being connected to the internet I have both a normal top mounted 120 GB Xbox HDD and a 500GB Sata HDD connected through a docking station both show...
  4. Xbox 360 Super Slim Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Super Slim Hard Drive: How do I identify if an Xbox 360 Hard Drive (HD) is genuine? 31716e62-6ec1-42d5-bbcb-22538a70ae26
  5. Can I transfer Xbox 360 data to Xbox One without hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer Xbox 360 data to Xbox One without hard drive?: I used to play Xbox 360 a lot, but then the Xbox One came out and I decided to make a new account and forget about my old account on my Xbox 360 , I recently thought about my old account and all...
  6. How do I attach a Xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I attach a Xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games?: How do I attach a Xbox 360 hard drive 372d8c6d-2119-49e0-a19f-31b4bcd5e660
  7. Problema de disco rígido no Xbox 360 [Non-Xbox 360 hard drive issue]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problema de disco rígido no Xbox 360 [Non-Xbox 360 hard drive issue]: Comprei um jogo, porém toda vez que tento jogar aparece um erro dizendo que eu preciso ter um disco rígido do Xbox 360 para joga-lo. Porém o disco é novo, a instalação foi feita com sucesso, mas...
  8. Old XBox 360 S hard drive a new XBox 360 S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old XBox 360 S hard drive a new XBox 360 S: My XBox 360 S has the red dot/ring of death, so it looks I will definitely need a new Xbox. I have found some decently priced Xbox 360 consoles online, but they come decently priced because they...
  9. SOLVED: Xbox 360 S won't play Backwards Compatible Games - Even with official MS hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SOLVED: Xbox 360 S won't play Backwards Compatible Games - Even with official MS hard drive: SOLVED Did a system cache clear on all drives and the game works now! Paul with the fellow gamer chat line helped me out - was dubious since it wasn't Microsoft's official support team, but it...
  10. Xbox 360 Sliim hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Sliim hard drive: Hi guys! I was wondering, how long can a 360 Slim hard drive last? Can they last indefinitely? If not, what can I do to extend the life of the hard drive? Thanks!...