Xbox 360 s hard drive failure

Discus and support Xbox 360 s hard drive failure in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a slim xbox with a 320gb hard drive. Sometimes it will work fine and others it will take a few minutes for the console to boot up and sign me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EazyFries, Jun 22, 2014.

1. EazyFries
    EazyFries Guest

I have a slim xbox with a 320gb hard drive. Sometimes it will work fine and others it will take a few minutes for the console to boot up and sign me in. When this happens the hard drive shows up as unformatted. Also theres a slight delay when clicking storage
    In the settings. Do I need to get a new hard drive?

:)

EazyFries, Jun 22, 2014
  2. Mad Cow Dizease, Jun 22, 2014
  3. bird098
    bird098 Guest
    Xbox 360 E Hard Drive?

I want to get an HDD for a 4GB Xbox 360 E but all I seem to find are hard drives for the Xbox 360 S. Are Xbox 360 S hard drives compatible with the Xbox 360 E?

bird098, Jun 22, 2014
  4. EazyFries
    EazyFries Guest

Edit

When I try to format it, it asks for the console serial number, so after I enter the serial number and hit enter it doesnt do anything.

EazyFries, Jun 22, 2014
  5. EazyFries Win User

Edit

When I try to format it, it asks for the console serial number, so after I enter the serial number and hit enter it doesnt do anything.
  6. The Dukenator Win User

Transfer data

All you need is a hard drive transfer cable for $20.

Are both hard drives for the 360 S or is one for the 360 S and the other for the original xbox 360?
  7. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Cannot access system settings

8. WPAK Win User

if the hard drive of my xbox says unformatted what do i do?

Hi there,

if this is happening on a 360 then it could mean a hardware failure on the hdd.

Restarting the console can help or disconnecting or reconnecting the hard drive.

See this link for these and additional steps: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/hard-drive

If nothing fixes the issue then the only option would be to get a replacement 360 hard drive.
  9. Daft Badger Win User

My 60 gb hdd won't work:(

If you have a xbox 360s then there is no 60gb hard drive for that model.You can't use hard drives from the older model 360's on the 360s or 360e.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 s hard drive failure - Similar Threads - 360 hard drive

2. Xbox 360 hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 hard drive: Yes can someone please help me? Its been almost 6 month's since this happened. My friend had a laptop computer. He needed to borrow my hatd drive from my Xbox 360s. He gave it back not knowing he...
  3. need to attach an xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games

in XBoX on Consoles
    need to attach an xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games: need to attach an xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games????!!! e42cd924-b184-47fe-825d-cddd75f27301
  4. Xbox 360 won't set up like new device after formatting hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't set up like new device after formatting hard drive?: Normally when your format your hard drive and memory unit it allows you to set-up your xbox 360 like a new xbox 360.... but mine just said it was done and returned to the storage menu in the...
  5. Can I convert my USB to an Xbox 360 hard drive? Tryna play Destiny without buying a a hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I convert my USB to an Xbox 360 hard drive? Tryna play Destiny without buying a a hard...: I want to play Destiny on my Xbox 360 but it tells me that it requires an Xbox 360 hard drive to play. I have tried formatting my usb, but the configure now or customize never show up. I have used...
  6. Xbox 360: How many GB of hard drive do you recommend me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360: How many GB of hard drive do you recommend me?: Hello guys! As I said in a previous post, I would like to buy a second hand Xbox 360. My last console was a super nintendo and I would like to get a Xbox 360 to play to a lot of games, to explore...
  7. Xbox 360 not reading internal hard drive and randomly deleted my profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not reading internal hard drive and randomly deleted my profile: I was playing skyrim earlier today when it paused and froze. I took it as a normal glitch and went to turn my xbox off and on again. When I turned it back on, I noticed that it spent a longer time...
  8. Does an external hard drive work with xbox 360 e?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does an external hard drive work with xbox 360 e?: I just managed to get my hands on a new xbox 360 elite but all the hard drives available seem to have been modded or tampered with despite them being a microsoft brand.The usb ports seem to be...
  9. downloading nfl rosters to xbox 360 hard drive using transfer cable

in XBoX on Windows
    downloading nfl rosters to xbox 360 hard drive using transfer cable: hello please help. we are trying to download nfl 2k5 to the hard drive using the the transfer cable from the hp windows 10 laptop. is this possible and if so how because we are totally clueless...
  10. Xbox 360 hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 hard drive: The other day I decided to plug my xbox 360 hard drive in my computer. I did but I accidentally initialized it as a GPT partition, keep in mind the xbox files are still on it. So I then downloaded...