Xbox 360 S hard drive isn't recognised and included content isn't available

Discus and support Xbox 360 S hard drive isn't recognised and included content isn't available in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I purchased a 250 GB Xbox 360 S Gears of War Edition (this model specifically I believe... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MosesMead, Sep 13, 2022.

1. MosesMead
    MosesMead Guest

Recently I purchased a 250 GB Xbox 360 S Gears of War Edition (this model specifically I believe https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Gears-Limited-Console-Bundle/dp/B0050SYZCQ ) used and at first glance everything seemed to work properly. But then I noticed that the hard drive wasn't being recognised by the console, but upon further investigation the hard drive wasn't malfunctioning. In fact it seems to be working fine, I was even able to open it in my computer and format it to exFAT and MBR, but the Xbox still didn't recognise it. I even left it unformatted, it still wouldn't work. And yes, I did try cleaning the headers, it didn't help either. So what am I supposed to do, and is there any way to get back the original GoW promotional content?

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

MosesMead, Sep 13, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello MosesMead, without a deeper and technical analysis in this case, it is difficult to know why it is not being recognized.

Often the HD you're trying to install on Xbox isn't original, and this can cause your Xbox to not recognize the HD.

Another factor to consider may be some kind of miscommunication in the internal connection between the console and the HD.

If it is an old equipment that has already been discontinued, the ideal would be to send the console for some specialized technical assistance to investigate the situation.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Well that would.be why

Xbox HDDs aren't meant tk be opened or attached to computers

Also by formatting you forfeit

Ithe bc emulator and any chance your hdd will ever be recognized as an official hdd

You just made a very very expensive 250gig USB drive

If it's used its most likely would-be used codes already

You should've addressed the hdd issue with the seller

Now because you formatted it irreparably yourself it may not be returnable

Once the codes are redeemed if you didn't get a disk it most likely were codes which the original owner would own now and no it's not transferable

And there is no way to restore an official hdd once you formatted it

It was never designed to be accessed by the computer or any device it's an anti cheat measure used by all consoles
  4. maxen Win User

xbox original games wont play.

[quote user="Lord BaneJ"]

[quote user="Daft Badger"]

There isn't an official 60gb hard drive for the 360s,only 250gb or 320 gb so that is probably the problem.

[/quote]

Yes there is. It's available on the original fat xbox 360.

[/quote]

Not for the S, the Slim console.

For that one the only official hard drives are 250GB and 320GB.
  5. onyxishere Win User

Call of duty ghost will not install on xbox 360

Where did you purchase the hard drive? Is it an official Xbox 360 hard drive? How old is it? There are several possibilities as to why the drive isn't working including that fact that it may be dying on you.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Simpsons hit and run not working on Xbox 360

Hi,

Do you have any other original Xbox games for your Xbox 360? And, more importantly, do these work?

There are two main reasons why your game isn't working.

1. Your Xbox 360's hard drive isn't official. Only official Xbox 360 hard drives will run original BC Xbox games on an Xbox 360.
    2. There is something wrong with the disc.
    Around 90% of the time this question has been asked on these forums over the years, it's been that the hard drive isn't official. Only the official hard drive contains the correct software configuration to play original Xbox games. Due to the age of the Xbox 360 hardware, sourcing a working original hard drive now may be difficult, with the official working HDD from the original beige Xbox 360 being the most difficult to find.

You'll need a second hand drive, 'new' drives won't work.

Don't be fooled by the system settings on the Xbox 360 stating 'Microsoft' next to the hard drive. All drives say this, including the third party drives.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 S hard drive isn't recognised and included content isn't available - Similar Threads - 360 hard drive

2. Xbox 360 community hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 community hard drive: My son just bought an Xbox 360 today so he could finally play his Spy vs Spy game. Brought it home and plugged everything in, and now we get a message that says he needs a community hard drive in...
  3. Can I use my INTERNAL Xbox 360 hard drive on a Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use my INTERNAL Xbox 360 hard drive on a Xbox one: My Xbox 360 is really old and I’m potentially getting a new Xbox one, but I don’t have gold and I don’t my stuff over the cloud and so I can’t transfer my saves the normal way. Is there a way to...
  4. Hard drive for Xbox 360 s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive for Xbox 360 s: Need to understand what hard drive to get for Xbox 360s. Yes it is an older console. I work at a non profit hospital that is minimizing our budget so getting a new console is not in cards and...
  5. My Xbox 360 will not detect my internal hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 will not detect my internal hard drive: Hi, my Xbox 360 will not detect my internal hard drive. It started with my hard drive that I have had for 8 years. It is a slim internal 120 gb hard drive. I got the red ring that shows up when...
  6. Is there anyway Microsoft would help me recover my Xbox 360 save files off hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway Microsoft would help me recover my Xbox 360 save files off hard drive?: I have an old Xbox 360 and like an idiot I deleted numerous save files I spent a lot of time on. Is there anyway to recover them within the Terms of Service? I don’t want to get banned for using...
  7. XBOX 360 Storage/Hard Drive Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 Storage/Hard Drive Error: My kids and I have been playing Minecraft on an XBOX 360 for a while now. Recently, we went to go play the game and everything on the hard drive had been erased, including 3-4 profiles, game data,...
  8. Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable: Is this cable, that looks more like an adapter box with a USB connector, proprietary for only an Xbox USB connection? If yes, thank you for the information. If no, should it function when...
  9. Legit 360 hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Legit 360 hard drive: Tried playing backwards compatibility games but apparently i bought 2 fakes (hard drives) so can someone please just try to link me a real one 5d0a1c18-08c1-454d-b9d6-a2a0babfbe32
  10. Xbox 360 hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 hard drive: Hi there, whenever I put in my internal harddrive into my Xbox 360 soon as I power it on it immediately shuts down after the loading screen. Does anyone know how to fix it if so please tell....