Xbox 360 S not playing original xbox game

Discus and support Xbox 360 S not playing original xbox game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i ordered spongebob battle for bikini bottom and when i put it into the console it said the game is not supported on my console. is there a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by manytimeuse, Oct 26, 2019.

1. manytimeuse
    manytimeuse Guest

i ordered spongebob battle for bikini bottom and when i put it into the console it said the game is not supported on my console. is there a compatibility problem with the s? I've installed the latest updates and do have an official hard drive in the console.
    if it helps it's the platinum family hits version of the game

:)

manytimeuse, Oct 26, 2019
  2. MATT VERDE Win User

Still having trouble with some original xbox titles downloaded from xbox live

unless you have the certain equipment to play original xbox games on the 360 s there is no way to play the original games
  3. Kaida Yuuki Win User

GTA SAN ANDREAS

The Xbox 360 S isn't compatible with playing original xbox games. I use the Xbox 360 Pro, (60gb I think) and works like a charm on there.
  4. WiseDragon Win User

GTA: San Andreas won't play on my 4GB Xbox 360 Elite

Hi,

For the future, the games that were lauched for Xbox Original will need HDD (even if were downloads). I let you the list of games of Xbox Original Games that can be played in your Xbox 360 S (With Hard drive)

support.xbox.com/.../play-original-games
  5. ModestElf Win User

Classic Simpson Hit And Run fails to play on Xbox 360

do you have the xbox 360 S? or the old big original xbox 360? cause the old HDD have a special emulator file that lets you play the original 360 games, dont remember if the newer 360s have that file on their HDD
  6. HassanB Win User

i bought gta san andreas from game market and does not let me play

Hello,

You'd need to do exactly what the message tells you to. You need to attach an original Xbox 360 hard drive to your console in order to be able to play original Xbox games.

If you have a Xbox 360 S 4GB or a Xbox 360 Original Arcade console then you'd need to get yourself an original Xbox 360 hard drive (either for the original Xbox 360, or the Xbox 360 Slim). This information is told to you when purchasing the game in the games
    description. An original Xbox 360 hard drive can be purchased from most gaming related retail stores like Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Gamestop, etc.

"An Xbox 360 hard drive is required to use this item"

More information on the ability to play original Xbox games on the Xbox 360 can be
    found here.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 S not playing original xbox game - Similar Threads - 360 playing original

2. I can’t get Xbox original games to play on my 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t get Xbox original games to play on my 360: I have 3 original xbox games that won’t play on my xbox 360. They are all on the list of games that are backwards compatible. I get an error saying the game couldn’t start, try downloading again....
  3. Playing Original Xbox Games on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing Original Xbox Games on Xbox 360: So I came across a problem while trying to play Conker: Live and Reloaded on my Xbox 360. It all Started when I got it and put it in only to find that I didn’t have an Xbox 360 hard drive so I got...
  4. downloaded xbox original game won't play on my xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    downloaded xbox original game won't play on my xbox 360: I downloaded crash bandicoot xbox original game on my xbox 360 it won't start and keep getting a message to download again which i've done 3 times and it still won't work can anyone help...
  5. need to attach an xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games

in XBoX on Consoles
    need to attach an xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games: need to attach an xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games????!!! e42cd924-b184-47fe-825d-cddd75f27301
  6. Do original xbox games play only in english under emulation in the xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do original xbox games play only in english under emulation in the xbox 360?: I have Halo and Halo 2 to be played in my xbox 360, and I can't set text or audio language to other than english. a107899b-0fb2-448c-b2ef-048991002236
  7. Xbox Original Game won't play on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Original Game won't play on 360: I bought the hard drive. Did the update. But the game still won't work. I checked the 360 list to make sure it was listed as games able to be played and it is. 442e253d-bd3e-4130-a4ec-7811a0b12eea
  8. Has anyone else had the issue of trying to play an Original Xbox game on their 360 and as soon ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else had the issue of trying to play an Original Xbox game on their 360 and as soon ...: Like it'll select it then go Game Error:The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again And its a Disc not a downloadable thing b1dd1a54-e70a-4c62-8ea3-9d70dca0a84c
  9. Can't play star wars battlefront II for the original XBOX on my 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play star wars battlefront II for the original XBOX on my 360: So recently, a bunch of original star wars games showed up on the xbox 360 game store. So i downloaded Star Wars battlefront II (for the original XBOX) off the xbox 360 store. It downloaded but it...
  10. original xbox games playing on xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    original xbox games playing on xbox 360: It shows my spongebob game as being able to play on 360 but i cant get it to play. is it possible fd9fb78d-8f4e-4baf-b5af-c4bc05eadef4