Xbox 360 S, power button does not light up, shows home screen on tv, controller shuts off

Discus and support Xbox 360 S, power button does not light up, shows home screen on tv, controller shuts off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just moved my Xbox 360 S over to a new stand about 3ft from where it was, it was working fine pryer to the move, now the "ON" light and rings around... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JCS9, Sep 24, 2018.

1. JCS9
    JCS9 Guest

Xbox 360 S, power button does not light up, shows home screen on tv, controller shuts off

I just moved my Xbox 360 S over to a new stand about 3ft from where it was, it was working fine pryer to the move, now the "ON" light and rings around the power button do not light up, the controller does it's normal routine as always but nothing on the
    counsel lights up. However, the on screen show's that it's up and running, internet shows that I'm logged in and everything.The thing is is that I'm unable to do anything because the counsel will not show that the controller is not connected.

Can someone tell me as to what happened and how to fix this issue? Nothing lights up on the face of the counsel at any time. I have already unplugged everything and tried starting up again and still nothing shows lit up on the face of the counsel and the
    tv shows the Xbox connected. PLEASE HELP!!

:)

2. Omicrontau
    Omicrontau Guest
    help! new update makes it impossible to play!

after recently updating my xbox one, the screen does not seem to come into focus. it is just a blank screen. when i press my home button on the controller the screen lightens but doesnt bring up the menu. when i hold onto the home button on the controller
    to shut down, the prompt appears for shut off console or controller. please help

Omicrontau, Sep 24, 2018
  3. toastrenzer
    toastrenzer Guest
    Home button not working,

Also none of the menus will come up, it either goes black screen or will not select. Because the home button does not work I have to shut off the system by touching the power button on the box. From the controller it will power on the system but nothing
    past that.

toastrenzer, Sep 24, 2018
  4. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest

Hey JCS9!

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention! It seems that when the console was moved it might've messed with the current update installed. Go ahead and verify that the latest

console update
    is installed and try rolling it back (solution 7). Word of advice, try doing so with the controller hard wired in so if any updates for it are available they also get pushed through. Go ahead and give it a shot and let us know how it goes!!

XBF Nestor S, Sep 25, 2018
  5. JCS9
    JCS9 Guest
    Hi, I just replied, but I'm not sure if it actually was sent or not, could you let me know if you got the response or not?

6. JCS9
    JCS9 Guest
    Hi again, this last message actually went through, so I'm going to respond again.

I went out and bought a wired controller and was able to turn the counsel on with it, which is a good thing, however, the lights on the front panel do not come on. I went ahead and checked a few things out and everything seems to work just fine as far as
    the maneuvering throughout different screens. So everything seems to be working except for the front panel. It seems that the only thing not working is the front panel lights and the wireless receiver. To me it seems that something came loose when I moved
    the unit that separated the front panel to the rest of the counsel. That's what my assumption is anyway. So would you say this is what the issue was from the start?

Would love to hear from you as to what your thoughts are.

And thanks for everything.

7. Hi JCS,

Thanks for reaching out to us and keeping us updated! I believe it would be an issue if the buttons on the front panel are not working properly. It could actually be the case, that something disconnected in the front panel. I would recommend

getting the console serviced
    . Since this is an Xbox 360 S then it would most likely be out of warranty. For now, at least it is working with the wired controller and the console still starts up and does everything else properly, correct?

Thanks again for reaching out.

XBF Jasmine Z, Oct 20, 2018
  8. JCS9
    JCS9 Guest

hi, yes, I agree that the front cover is disconnected from the unit

thanks for the help

9. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest
    Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!

XBF Leslie D, Nov 3, 2018
  10. JCS9 Win User

hi, yes, I agree that the front cover is disconnected from the unit

thanks for the help
  11. JCS9 Win User

Hi again, this last message actually went through, so I'm going to respond again.

I went out and bought a wired controller and was able to turn the counsel on with it, which is a good thing, however, the lights on the front panel do not come on. I went ahead and checked a few things out and everything seems to work just fine as far as
    the maneuvering throughout different screens. So everything seems to be working except for the front panel. It seems that the only thing not working is the front panel lights and the wireless receiver. To me it seems that something came loose when I moved
    the unit that separated the front panel to the rest of the counsel. That's what my assumption is anyway. So would you say this is what the issue was from the start?

Would love to hear from you as to what your thoughts are.

And thanks for everything.
  12. XBF Leslie D Win User

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
  13. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey JCS9!

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention! It seems that when the console was moved it might've messed with the current update installed. Go ahead and verify that the latest

console update
    is installed and try rolling it back (solution 7). Word of advice, try doing so with the controller hard wired in so if any updates for it are available they also get pushed through. Go ahead and give it a shot and let us know how it goes!!
  14. JCS9 Win User

Hi, I just replied, but I'm not sure if it actually was sent or not, could you let me know if you got the response or not?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 S, power button does not light up, shows home screen on tv, controller shuts off - Similar Threads - 360 power button

2. XBox 360 S Red Solid Light on Power Button

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 S Red Solid Light on Power Button: Hi. Our XBox 360 S does not turn on. Instead of the green solid light after pushing the power button, the green light turns to a solid red light. As it does not turn on apparently, no...
  3. Xbox 360 Blinking red on half of power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Blinking red on half of power button: So my xbox that I’ve had for years, but haven’t touched for like 3 years i finally got it out of storage and plugged it in and everything is set up correctly, but whenever I try to turn it on the...
  4. XBox 360 S Solid Red Light on power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 S Solid Red Light on power button: When I attempt to turn on my Xbox 360 S, the green light in the middle of the power button almost immediately turns from green to red, and nothing appears on the TV screen. At first, I thought it...
  5. Xbox 360 Slim beeps when power and eject buttons are hit but doesn't turn on!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Slim beeps when power and eject buttons are hit but doesn't turn on!: Hi, Any help would be much appreciated. My Xbox 360 Slim makes the usual sound when I hit the power and eject buttons but it doesn't turn on. There is no light on the power button as well. The...
  6. 360 S Beeps when i click the power button but doesn't turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 S Beeps when i click the power button but doesn't turn on.: So yeah, as the title suggests when I go to press the power button on my Xbox 360 Slim, it does make the beeping noise but it does not turn on. I'm looking for help as all my GTA saves are on that...
  7. hi, the power button on my xbox 360 is constantly red, (not flashing) why ???

in XBoX on Consoles
    hi, the power button on my xbox 360 is constantly red, (not flashing) why ???: hi there, whilst watching a DVD the picture dissaoeared and the normaly green light on the power button turned to a constant red, im not getting any signal at all on the tv and no connection with...
  8. xbox 360 green power button blinks on but the system never comes on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 green power button blinks on but the system never comes on: Xbox 360 remote and console green button comes on but does not stay on it blicks or is solid and then goes off 5e863822-601d-4249-8dda-45462fd0a4ef
  9. Xbox 360 E Red Light Centre Power Button, no error code?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E Red Light Centre Power Button, no error code?!: Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this problem. I have an Xbox 360 E, when I turn it on the light in the centre of the power button is green for about 8 seconds then it turns red, not...
  10. Xbox 360 Slim red dot on power button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim red dot on power button.: My xbox 360 slim 250GB has a red dot on the power button. The console isn't displaying any video, since the button turns red the moment the machine turns on. There is not error code. I tried...