Xbox 360 sign in issues

Discus and support Xbox 360 sign in issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to sign in on my old xbox 360 in time for the old Halo 3 and Reach file shares to get uploaded to the MCC on the 27th, but I'm hitting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zo Shadow, Aug 19, 2019.

1. zo Shadow
    zo Shadow Guest

Xbox 360 sign in issues

I'm trying to sign in on my old xbox 360 in time for the old Halo 3 and Reach file shares to get uploaded to the MCC on the 27th, but I'm hitting multiple errors with the 360 sign in.

First I tried clearing the cache on the storage, then I tried removing and redownloading my profile. I changed my password for my account on PC, I removed 2 step authentication after finding that in another forum post thanks to a 80048105 error. I continued
    to get error messages that my password was not working so I went through the app password via an email for an app password the authentication app after the numerical code in the app with the countdown didn't help either, twice, each time getting through to
    the text code service which finally led me to a 80049C12 error, at which point I gave up looking and trying and turned to asking here.

My internet is fine, otherwise I wouldn't have got to this stage. By all accounts xbox live is apparently up as of writing (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status)
    but I simply keep hitting wall after wall.

Pretty sure I've exhausted the support options at this point and I'm still unable to sign in, but again, purely on 360, my account on pc and xbone are fine.

I'd seriously appreciate help today as its the last day I'll have access to the 360 till next month!

:)

zo Shadow, Aug 19, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Sign-In Issues on Xbox 360

Hello there,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. If you haven't already, try unplugging your network modem/router for a few minutes while your console is turned off. It may be the network struggling to make a connection with your Xbox causing this issue.

Aside from that, you can try clearing the cache on your Xbox. Go into your system settings and select storage. Press the Y button over your hard drive and then select Clear system cache. Restart your console afterwards and then try to sign in again.

Hope this helps!
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Xbox 360 sign in issues

Hey Shadow

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this post.

As you seemed to have found a favorable solution, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Forums and we wish you a wonderful day!
  4. WhirlwindAlloy Win User

Xbox 360 Sign in issue

Hi NinjaBigMac318, definitely tell us what code you are getting.

Here is a link to various sign in error codes you might be running into one of them:

https://support.xbox.360 sign-in error codes
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox 360 Sign in issue

Which is the code you are receiving? have you checked the status of your live account under the enforcement page?
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox 360 sign in issues

You see the following error message when you try to download your profile to your Xbox 360 console:

Sorry, something's wrong with your Microsoft account. Go to https://account.live.com for help.

Error code: 80151012
    This may mean that your Microsoft account is locked or that there's a problem with it.

To resolve this problem, try the following solutions:

Solution 1: Remove your profile from all Xbox 360 consoles where it's been saved. There are two ways you can accomplish. Both use your “trusted PC.” (To learn about trusted PCs, see “Making
    your computer a trusted PC” at
    Why you’re unexpectedly prompted for your Microsoft email account and password
    .)

• Option 1
      1. Go to any Xbox.com page (such as this one) and sign in to your Xbox Live account.
      2. Find and select My Account, which may be located in the upper-right corner under your gamertag or in the left navigation pane under
      3. Under Safety, select Remove my profile from all Xbox 360 consoles.
      4. Under VISITED CONSOLES, select Require profile download.
      5. Return to the Xbox 360 console and
        download your profile
    • Option 2
      1. Sign in to your Xbox Live account at any
        Xbox.com
        page, such as this one.
      2. Find and select My Account, which may be located in the upper-right corner under your gamertag or in the left navigation pane under
      3. Select Security, family & forums.
      4. Select Xbox 360 profile protection.
      5. Under "Consoles that do not require your password for sign-in," select
        Require Profile Download
        (the green button). This will clear your profile from any Xbox 360 consoles where it's currently saved.
      6. Return to the Xbox 360 console and
        download your profile
    Solution 2: Reset the password for your Microsoft account. Here's how:

1. Go to the
      Reset your password
      page.
    2. Select the reason for resetting your password.
    3. Enter your Microsoft account email address.
    4. Type the characters you see in the picture.
    5. Click or tap Next.
    6. Select one of the options (proofs) available to send a security code, and then click or tap
      Next. If you don't have access to any of the proofs, select
      I don’t use these anymore
    7. Enter the four-digit security code, and then click or tap Next.
    8. Enter your new password, and then click or tap Next.
    If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
Thema:

Xbox 360 sign in issues

1. Xbox 360 sign in issues - Similar Threads - 360 sign issues

2. Xbox 360 Sign in issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Sign in issue: So my problem is this. I decided to leave my Xbox 1 alone for a while and get back onto my 360 and play a few games. The problem is that I go to sign in with the correct (i made sure info was...
  3. Sign-In Issues on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sign-In Issues on Xbox 360: I have an Xbox 360, but whenever I try to sign in to my account it keeps saying "Signing in" along with the loading circle. Previously I've left it load for several hours and it hasn't ever signed...
  4. Xbox 360 Back Compat Frozen logo screen/sign-in issues on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Back Compat Frozen logo screen/sign-in issues on Xbox One: I am having issues with a hung Xbox 360 Start up splash and getting my Xbox Profile to sign in when playing any Xbox 360 Back Compat game. I had no issues until last night, I was enjoying MW2...
  5. Credentials sign in issue on 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Credentials sign in issue on 360: Now about a week ago my phone and PC told me they could not connect to anything. As MS had seen suspicious activity on my account, and wanted me to change password. I did, and had no issues...
  6. Xbox 360/Xbox live - auto sign in preferences issue after or upon turning on console.'

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360/Xbox live - auto sign in preferences issue after or upon turning on console.': on my 360, i had various issues with the auto sign in preferences,therefore when i turned on my Xbox it takes me to the pick profile menu instead;(i also tried re-downloading profile, and clearing...
  7. Xbox 360 Sign in issue on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Sign in issue on Xbox One: Using the Backwards Compat feature is great, and it used to work perfectly fine for me, but all of a sudden anytime i try and sign in (which it always asks me to do) it tells me it cant, why is...
  8. Sign in/Connection issues with Xbox 360 (x2)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sign in/Connection issues with Xbox 360 (x2): So yesterday morning I shut off our main Xbox 360 and when I came back to it later in the evening there were issues. * Upon Starting the console I received a sign in error before profile options...
  9. Backwards compatibility issues can't sign into 360 profile!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Backwards compatibility issues can't sign into 360 profile!!: Basically, I can access my 360 games, but for whatever reason it's not recognizing my profile when I open the game. It asks me to download my profile, then says it can't sign into Xbox Live, then...
  10. Xbox 360 constantly signs me out, also has connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 constantly signs me out, also has connection issues: So lately I've been having a number of issues with my Xbox 360, they are not too serious but the fact that they constantly happen is getting really frustrating and interfering with my game time....