Xbox 360 slim 250g- Powers off when trying to read disk

Discus and support Xbox 360 slim 250g- Powers off when trying to read disk in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We have recently been encountering an issue and wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing and can suggest a way to fix it. The unit works fine... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThicksetCloud10, May 31, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 slim 250g- Powers off when trying to read disk

We have recently been encountering an issue and wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing and can suggest a way to fix it. The unit works fine as long as we don't have a disk in the tray. We are able to play all games on hard drive , etc.. but as
    soon as we put a disk in the tray it shuts off.. No sound, no error message, nothing..just powers off. I have already used Twitter support and completed their suggestion to clear the cache and to disconnect power supply and plug in and restart. Hoping someone
    out there can help....really don't want to have to take to repair shop.

:)

ThicksetCloud10, May 31, 2014
  2. bulettepain
    bulettepain Guest
    xbox won't play disk

my XBOX 360 slim won't read the disk. that happening after my last update.

bulettepain, May 31, 2014
  3. CamboSix
    CamboSix Guest
    Xbox 360 restarts every few seconds, not enough time to clear the cache.

Tonight (June 26) I bought Borderlands 2 via the xbox marketplace on my computer and the game started downloading on my console. Almost immediately the 360 started cycling on and off every few seconds.

I read that I should clear the cache on the hard drive when encountering the restarting issue but I don't have enough time to make it into the storage settings before it restarts. I never had this problem before trying to download the game tonight. Do I have
    any other options here if I'm unable to clear the cache?

I have the 360 Slim console, 4 gb with the Microsoft 250g hard drive inserted.

CamboSix, May 31, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately it does sound as though it needs a repair through Microsoft. You can set up the repair process at the following link.

http://myservice.xbox.com/

onyxishere, May 31, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately it does sound as though it needs a repair through Microsoft. You can set up the repair process at the following link.

http://myservice.xbox.com/
  6. Jedi Hunter Win User

Flashing Green Light

I have a Xbox 360 Slim that I purchased about a year ago. The disk tray open and closes, but it is having a hard time reading any disc. When I turn my console off the disk tray will open. I will try and change wall sockets and unplug and replug my power
    supply cables.
  7. Qwertei Win User

Backward Compatibility Issues

Hey FairerGolem022

Let's make sure the game works on the 360 before trying the Xbox one. If it does not work it'll mean there is damage towards the disk and will need to be replaced. If it does read i'd try troubleshooting the Xbox one let's hold, the power button on the console
    for 8 seconds until power down, once it's off unplug the power supply and let it sit for 5 minutes after it is done plug it all back in and try the disk out.
  8. thedstring Win User

Xbox 360 (slim - 250gb) won't play XBOX games

Same problem here, my copy of fable and halo work on my daughter's older xbox 360 in her room but not on the slim 250g 360 in my room
  9. smileskybird Win User

Xbox One Will be 2 much

When I first read the title I thought he was referring to the cost of the console. I don't think it will be much difference compared with the amount of electricity the Xbox 360 Slim uses now. It's not good new technology if it's not eco friendly or power
    efficient. Just use common sense like turning it off at the wall when finished.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 slim 250g- Powers off when trying to read disk - Similar Threads - 360 slim 250g

2. xbox 360 super slim apagando a tela [Translate] Super Slim Xbox 360 deleting screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 super slim apagando a tela [Translate] Super Slim Xbox 360 deleting screen: My super slim Xbox 360 turns on and a few seconds later it though it stays with the green light on the screen image disappears. And after that it just shuts off by unplugging the power cord. What...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim: good morning, yesterday I ran the last update to my xbox360, but after the update, the ventilation always starts at full speed, as soon as I switch it on, what happened? please help me, thanks...
  4. Xbox 360 Slim shuts off after a few minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim shuts off after a few minutes: Basically my Xbox 360 Slim’s power supply seems to be heating up and it causes the console to shut off while it shows an orange light. Is there any way to fix this ?...
  5. Playing offline in Xbox 360 Slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing offline in Xbox 360 Slim: Hi guys, Is there a way that i can play Xbox 360 games without singing in Xbox live? I have currently bought an used Xbox 360 Slim, also bought some games as GTA V, the question is beacause that...
  6. Xbox 360 PC meant USB controller: Does it work on the USB slot of an Xbox 360 Slim?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 PC meant USB controller: Does it work on the USB slot of an Xbox 360 Slim?: Wireless controls for Xbox 360 are quite expensive on official stores, and i unfortunately do't know if the Xbox 360 Slim has a slot (At the front or back panel) for regular Xbox 360 wired...
  7. app da HBO GO no meu Xbox 360 Slim (HBO GO app on my Slim Xbox 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    app da HBO GO no meu Xbox 360 Slim (HBO GO app on my Slim Xbox 360): Não consigo achar nem baixar o app da HBO GO no meu Xbox 360 Slim, Porque ? me ajudem por favor ! [Translation] I can't find or download the HBO GO app on my Xbox 360 Slim, why? Help me please!...
  8. Xbox 360 slim star wars edition shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim star wars edition shuts off: so when i was younger, i would always leave the xbox 360 on and now, because of that probably, my xbox shuts off after a few moments (not always the same time) and i checked, the cable is fine and...
  9. Xbox 360 slim hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim hdd: Yesterday i tried starting up my old 360 slim, at first it displayed my profile but no gamerscore, checked storage, all is as should be except my main profile was corrupted, so i restarted the...
  10. xbox 360 slim distorted image

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim distorted image: Hi, My xbox 360 slim model shows smudged image. Weird lines and can hardly reading any text. Is this the GPU problem that needs to be replaced or any easy fix? Regards...