Xbox 360 slim making strange rattling noise when moved

Discus and support Xbox 360 slim making strange rattling noise when moved in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I recently noticed that when I pick up my xbox 360 slim to clean it, reposition it, move it to another tv, or whatever, it makes this strange... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DANGER WARNING, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 slim making strange rattling noise when moved

So I recently noticed that when I pick up my xbox 360 slim to clean it, reposition it, move it to another tv, or whatever, it makes this strange rattling noise. It's not super loud, but obvious enough that I was able to notice it.

This doesn't seem to be effecting gameplay, but I just what to know if this is common or is there something loose inside the console?

Also just to note, my old white xbox never made a rattling noise when I went to move it, I have have NEVER MOVED IT WHILE A GAME IS RUNNING as I know this can potentially cause damage, and I bought it used so I doubt it still has a warranty on it.

Thanks!

:)

DANGER WARNING, Aug 8, 2014
  2. JamesMascall
    JamesMascall Guest
    What is this weird noise my 360 is making?!?! *Video Inside*

Hi Guys, long time no see!

With BF3 round the corner, im quite peeved that my new Xbox 360 Slim is already making stupid noises.

When a disc is spinning at full pelt, it is making this weird noise like something is loose and rattling.

It makes the noise when you touch the console to, so i unplugged it and made a video of me poking the console -

Can anyone please tell me if this is normal? or a common fault? (To me it sounds like the bearings in the cooling fan rattling)

Thank You!

x

JamesMascall, Aug 8, 2014
  3. aacob2
    aacob2 Guest
    Xbox 360 Slim rattling noise

When i put in my copy of Xbox Live Arcade Game Pack my 360 has a rattling noise and won't read the disc. The disc also has no scratches and i have tried using my console both vertically and horizontally but it doesn't seem to change a thing. Every
    other game i play works fine though so I don't know why i have trouble with this one.

aacob2, Aug 8, 2014
  4. Mister Urkel Win User

Controller making strange noises when it vibrates

Hey Pedrohr360,

Just to check, when you shake the controller does it make a rattling sound besides the D-pad moving? Its not abnormal. inside are spindles that spin to make the rumbling effect. What kind of noise is it making vs when it is rumbling?

Reach back and lets know what you find
  5. onyxishere Win User

slims or Super slims(e) supposed to make noise

What kind of noise is it making? Is it a rattle? If so, try removing the vent cover from where the hard drive sits. That's what I did when mine was making noise.

If it's making noise when you're playing a disc based game try installing it to the hard drive.
  6. McKlayy Win User

Xbox making loud buzzing noise

My Xbox 360 Slim E makes a loudish buzzing/humming noise when i start up most games and makes the noise for about 3-5 minutes , i have the games installed on my hardrive , is this normal for it to do that
  7. phoenixinflight Win User

external harddrive not good enough?

how can you tell the read/write rate? do you recommend any other usb device? i don't do a lot of gaming on my 360, it's mostly just for exclusives so i don't need a lot of memory, but the problem is that for whatever reason the system makes this sort of
    odd rattle noise when a disk is being read, but when it's installed it doesn't. the noise isn't constant and seems to me at least, to have something to do with the drive moving back and forth, but it is considerably distracting.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

360 Slim power supply noise

What kind of noise does it make? Is it buzzing or grinding noise? The noise is coming from the little internal fan and it's been know that some faulty units make this noise.

The power brick on my Xbox 360 Slim used to make a loud grinding noise when I had it from new. To stop the noise I used to pick up the brick and give it a few hard taps with the palm of my hand. Once I did that it didn't make any noise for the duration of
    that play session until then next time the machine was switched on again.

Strangely enough, I never had the brick replaced and it now it no longer makes any noise. If you are concerned though and you can't get the brick be quite you should take up a repair request with Microsoft Support to get it replaced.
Thema:

Xbox 360 slim making strange rattling noise when moved

1. Xbox 360 slim making strange rattling noise when moved - Similar Threads - 360 slim making

2. XBOX 360 Slim - starts but doesn't get to dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Slim - starts but doesn't get to dashboard: Nice booting and shows initial swirl screen and then the circle of death. It will sit there doing nothing. Can hit home button and get the dashboard menu up and access a couple menu items. Most...
  3. xbox 360 super slim apagando a tela [Translate] Super Slim Xbox 360 deleting screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 super slim apagando a tela [Translate] Super Slim Xbox 360 deleting screen: My super slim Xbox 360 turns on and a few seconds later it though it stays with the green light on the screen image disappears. And after that it just shuts off by unplugging the power cord. What...
  4. Xbox 360 Slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim: good morning, yesterday I ran the last update to my xbox360, but after the update, the ventilation always starts at full speed, as soon as I switch it on, what happened? please help me, thanks...
  5. Xbox 360 Slim shuts off after a few minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim shuts off after a few minutes: Basically my Xbox 360 Slim’s power supply seems to be heating up and it causes the console to shut off while it shows an orange light. Is there any way to fix this ?...
  6. Playing offline in Xbox 360 Slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing offline in Xbox 360 Slim: Hi guys, Is there a way that i can play Xbox 360 games without singing in Xbox live? I have currently bought an used Xbox 360 Slim, also bought some games as GTA V, the question is beacause that...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim is making a loud buzzing noise when playing a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Slim is making a loud buzzing noise when playing a game: Hello, i got this Xbox 360 Slim for at lest one year ago and when i got it it was quit and now when i play like Skyrim, (sometimes) Call of Duty, and resident evil 6. its make a buzzing noise...
  8. Continue making slim 360 models

in XBoX on Consoles
    Continue making slim 360 models: Xbox 360 Slim was a console model and it still should be there, the E model was unnecessary and useless and pointless, it has no optical port but Xbox one does, how weird. Xbox 360 slim must be...
  9. 360 Slim 250GB making weird grinding noise at startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim 250GB making weird grinding noise at startup: Good day to all of you. For the last couple of months, my 360 slim that I've had for about four and a half years have been making this really loud grinding noise at startup, and sometimes it goes...
  10. Xbox 360 Slim Making A Loud Buzzing Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Making A Loud Buzzing Noise: As soon as I turn on my xbox 360 slim it starts make a really loud buzzing noise. It doesn't stop until I turn it off. Any ideas on what the problem could be? e3aecb08-1e5d-494a-a4d3-d04bbe71f478