: xbox 360 slim not supporting wpa2 wifi

Discus and support : xbox 360 slim not supporting wpa2 wifi in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : xbox 360 slim not supporting wpa2 wifi Pal or not isn't an issue However you have two issues one you did not realize hotspots havw issues with... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by koCR, Apr 8, 2021 at 7:22 PM.

1. koCR
    koCR Guest

Pal or not isn't an issue

However you have two issues one you did not realize hotspots havw issues with broadband gaming you will always have strict NAT

2 well unfortunately you need a new device

360 predates wpa2

The most it supports is WPA AES

not wpa 2 aes

Wpa had just came out and wep was popular

:)

2. ngocphi Win User

Pal or not isn't an issue

However you have two issues one you did not realize hotspots havw issues with broadband gaming you will always have strict NAT

2 well unfortunately you need a new device

360 predates wpa2

The most it supports is WPA AES

not wpa 2 aes

Wpa had just came out and wep was popular
  3. wolfie07 Win User

can only connect if i disable my router security

[quote user="BigOilersFan"]

I don't believe, despite what the manual says, that the 360 Wifi supports WPA2. You could try WPA with AES, since that would work.

[/quote]

Actually it does support WPA2, My console is currently on a secured WPA2 wireless network. :)
  4. AntiMacro Win User

can only connect if i disable my router security

I don't believe, despite what the manual says, that the 360 Wifi supports WPA2. You could try WPA with AES, since that would work.
  5. Wired profile Win User

built-in wireless adapter

Hello.

If you have a Xbox 360 Slim (which as built-in wifi) and you are asked to attach an external networking adapter or an ethernet cable, then the internal wifi has malfunctioned and your Xbox 360 Slim will need to be repaired.
  6. Majikthise Win User

Impossible to use live with WPA2-AES?

I would have thought you could sort out your WiFi security issue. Try swapping to/from uppercase letters? WPA2 support was added in 2009, so I don't think that's your problem.

(
    majornelson.com/.../xbox-360-system-update-wireless-adapter-wpa2-support
    ).

But a wired connection is always best if you can do it. Power line adapters (also called Homeplugs) are a great solution if your router is in another room. You can get a pair of 200mbps plugs for way under £20 these day and will give you a much better connection
    than WiFi.

Like these - http://www.ebuyer.com/263575-tp-link-mini-200mbps-powerline-adapter-kit-twin-pack-tl-pa211kit
Thema:

1. : xbox 360 slim not supporting wpa2 wifi - Similar Threads - 360 slim supporting

2. Xbox 360 slim , no green ring (Only the middle),and no display output.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim , no green ring (Only the middle),and no display output.: My Xbox 360 slim is the 4g + Kinect model, stopped working after having a pause from being used, and it doesn't display anything, I've tried a new HDMI cable and another TV, with the same result!...
  3. 360 slim refuses to connect to wireless network, even after factory resets and clearing cache.

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim refuses to connect to wireless network, even after factory resets and clearing cache.: Hello. I have connected to the internet a lot on this 360 in the past, and now it doesn't connect to the internet. I do the test but it ends right at the start, and says its unable to connect to...
  4. My Xbox 360 Slim wont turn on!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim wont turn on!: Hi I have a Xbox 360 Slim thats been not giving me a problem but unfortunately it stopped turning on, I Have a kinect sensor that has ripped wires so i tried to splice each one but when i...
  5. Old xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old xbox 360 slim: It's about my old xbox when I was playing game with the xbox it suddenly shutdown and I was powering up again and then it doesn't want to work I was pushing down the button in controller and...
  6. have older Xbox 360 slim. Need advice on storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    have older Xbox 360 slim. Need advice on storage: I have a refurbished Xbox 360 with what looks like the 4GB internal flash memory. One thing I am noticing is that 360 games that used to play in my now dead 360 console do not play. I get an...
  7. Why does my Xbox 360 slim make a loud buzzing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 360 slim make a loud buzzing noise: Why does my xbox 360 slim white make a buzzing noise when i play a game even though its new and i bought it a couple days ago. Is there a way without downloading games?...
  8. My X-Box 360 slim has a solid red light.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My X-Box 360 slim has a solid red light.: My xbox 360 slime has a solid red light. The fan seems to turn on but doesnt spin. Is there any way to fix it? Its also not showing any picture on my tv. 8bacd4cf-68e7-4306-b4a1-49aa5bd89f47
  9. Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick Turning Red -Is it the console, the power brick, or the voltage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick Turning Red -Is it the console, the power brick, or the voltage?: Hi, I'm pretty new to the community. This is my first post. I have an Xbox 360 Slim and had received it through a friend. I'm not sure how old it is, but it can still power on and play games no...
  10. xbox 360 slim max supported capacity for hard drives?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim max supported capacity for hard drives?: my old old faithful xbox 360 finally gave up the ghost after years of loyal service on Saturday night when I was greeted with the red ring of death so I ran to the shop,s on sunday & bought a 2nd...