Xbox 360 Slim shuts off after a few minutes

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim shuts off after a few minutes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Basically my Xbox 360 Slim’s power supply seems to be heating up and it causes the console to shut off while it shows an orange light. Is there any way... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RiskiestFish763, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Xbox 360 Slim shuts off after a few minutes

Basically my Xbox 360 Slim’s power supply seems to be heating up and it causes the console to shut off while it shows an orange light. Is there any way to fix this ?

:)

RiskiestFish763, Aug 26, 2019
  2. MRAndAH Win User

3. X TheKingZeus X Win User

4. ET3rNi7Y GreeN Win User

Hi I'm Lorenzo

Try to change the power supply is the cheapest and quickest solution to look for it or if you are lucky enough to find it new from gamestop or online on various sites or search the markets are quite common things seen some people sell them for passes to
    the next gen.
  5. Nightwing112003 Win User

If there's an orange flashing light then that means it's overheating. You can unplug the power supply and let it cool for about 30 minutes or so and then try again. If that doesn't work then it's time to invest into a new power supply. However, I'd just
    suggest investing in a new system. I hear the xbox one S is a steal right now.
  6. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi

It can be a few thing such as; the vents being clogged with dust. Use a can of compressed air and blow through the vents to make sure they are all clear, it can be poor ventilation Finding
    the best location for your Xbox 360 console

if its not either of these things then it may need to replace your power supply.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim shuts off after a few minutes - Similar Threads - 360 Slim shuts

2. My Xbox 360 Slim wont turn on!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim wont turn on!: Hi I have a Xbox 360 Slim thats been not giving me a problem but unfortunately it stopped turning on, I Have a kinect sensor that has ripped wires so i tried to splice each one but when i...
  3. Old xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old xbox 360 slim: It's about my old xbox when I was playing game with the xbox it suddenly shutdown and I was powering up again and then it doesn't want to work I was pushing down the button in controller and...
  4. have older Xbox 360 slim. Need advice on storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    have older Xbox 360 slim. Need advice on storage: I have a refurbished Xbox 360 with what looks like the 4GB internal flash memory. One thing I am noticing is that 360 games that used to play in my now dead 360 console do not play. I get an...
  5. Why does my Xbox 360 slim make a loud buzzing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 360 slim make a loud buzzing noise: Why does my xbox 360 slim white make a buzzing noise when i play a game even though its new and i bought it a couple days ago. Is there a way without downloading games?...
  6. Xbox 360 slim star wars edition shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim star wars edition shuts off: so when i was younger, i would always leave the xbox 360 on and now, because of that probably, my xbox shuts off after a few moments (not always the same time) and i checked, the cable is fine and...
  7. Xbox 360 slim shut off issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim shut off issues: I've had my xbox 360 slim for 3 years and this past year its randomly started shutting off without any noise or anything, it doesnt matter if I'm in gameplay or not, this is now the 3rd power...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim Shutting Off by Itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Shutting Off by Itself: Hi, my Xbox 360 Slim keeps shutting off by itself. Theres nothing bumping the button, its in the same spot ive kept my older 360 for years, the power brick shows a solid orange light. Help?...
  9. Xbox 360 slim with 320gb hard drive keeps shutting off on it's own

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim with 320gb hard drive keeps shutting off on it's own: OK so a few months ago it started I looked into cleared hard drive cache and put a small desktop fan by the Xbox to blow cold air to the vent where. The Xbox fan is as I was told it was probably...
  10. My Xbox 360 Slim keeps shutting off on its own.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim keeps shutting off on its own.: It contenuously will shut off, even after i have wiped it down. Any suggestions? 92e52284-2e31-4ede-9596-6d614bb15512