xbox 360 system update cannot be read

Discus and support xbox 360 system update cannot be read in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; hi all i just bought a 2nd hand xbox, for my son.there was no hdd in it so i bought a 3rd party 320gb one from cex, i inserted the hdd and turned on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Drenaigan, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Drenaigan
    Drenaigan Guest

hi all

i just bought a 2nd hand xbox, for my son.there was no hdd in it so i bought a 3rd party 320gb one from cex, i inserted the hdd and turned on the xbox, it appeared to work fine until i connected to the internet and started a system update. (was still on
    the previous owners profile )

after it restarted it displayed the following message

cant read the update from your storage device please reinsert to continue the update

status code 43C5-4497-B780-0F00-C000-0102

i have reinserted the hhd, and same message, ive switched off and reinserted the hdd same message. no matter what i try all i get is the above message

any help much would be very welcome

cheers all

:)

Drenaigan, Jan 23, 2020
  2. DustyStraws92 Win User

Hi Drenaigan!

I would say the issue is coming from the fact that the hard drive you're using is 3rd party. It's probably that either it can't update the 3rd party drive or maybe the 3rd party drive wasn't formatted for use on the Xbox 360.
  3. taidara Win User

hi all

i just bought a 2nd hand xbox, for my son.there was no hdd in it so i bought a 3rd party 320gb one from cex, i inserted the hdd and turned on the xbox, it appeared to work fine until i connected to the internet and started a system update. (was still on
    the previous owners profile )

after it restarted it displayed the following message

cant read the update from your storage device please reinsert to continue the update

status code 43C5-4497-B780-0F00-C000-0102

i have reinserted the hhd, and same message, ive switched off and reinserted the hdd same message. no matter what i try all i get is the above message

any help much would be very welcome

cheers all
    Please create a new account for your child, or use your own account, to sign in to Xbox Live. I would also suggest to delete the profile of the previous owner from your console.

Go to the Xbox Network settings and restore its settings to factory default.

Head over to the storage area and clear the Xbox system cache. Repeat this step three times in a row.

Roll back the current OS version and try update. Here's how:

On your controller press the following combo: LB RB X LB RB X

Keep us posted.
  4. Miss Portia Win User

No Status Code

5. TrippIE Win User

New update not downloading

6. GhoulishRope9 Win User

Xbox live update

Thema:

1. xbox 360 system update cannot be read - Similar Threads - 360 system update

2. Atualização do sistema do Xbox 360[Translation - Xbox 360 system update]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Atualização do sistema do Xbox 360[Translation - Xbox 360 system update]: Não estou conseguindo atualizar o sistema esta dando erro [Translation - I'm not able to update the system is giving error] 8d85d875-edcd-4999-8498-6d69747a7604
  3. Can't install or extract system update on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install or extract system update on Xbox 360: I haven't used my Xbox 360 for awhile and now it kept asking for system update, otherwise I can't even play games from my CDs. It kept giving me the error message with 6 groups of numbers. I...
  4. USB system update for xbox 360 console,downloaded to Win 10 PC first. help appreciated.

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB system update for xbox 360 console,downloaded to Win 10 PC first. help appreciated.: I need a system update to be downloaded on my PC, then plug USB Thumb drive into XBOX 360 console's port, to update Xbox 360 OS, and add updated apps to my xbox system,I'm having difficulty...
  5. Problem with System Update on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with System Update on Xbox 360: Hi, I'm having problem with my Xbox 360 Slim console. It was working fine until few days ago when my profiles all got deleted and whenever I start up the game console it prompted me to do a...
  6. XBOX 360 system update from Xbox live required

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 system update from Xbox live required: Help! We have booted up our ancient Xbox 360 after about 2 years in the cupboard and every game we try to play it is demanding we run a system update. However when we run it it comes up with...
  7. Xbox 360 system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 system update: I am having a problem using my xbox360, when I use it these are the windows that pop up: "A system update is required to use kinect. To get the update sign into Xbox Live. For more information...
  8. Problem with Kinect Sensor on Xbox 360 , after system update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Kinect Sensor on Xbox 360 , after system update: Hello everyone, today I downloaded the latest system update for my xbox 360, and after that, every time i start a game, the kinect sensor stops working. If i quit the game, the kinect works fine...
  9. System Error E71 With Red Ring On Xbox 360 S After Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    System Error E71 With Red Ring On Xbox 360 S After Update: While I Was Updating The Console It Restarted After The Update Finished And With The USB In It It Said Extracting And Went To System Error E71 And It Took The USB Out And It Worked But When I Put...
  10. Xbox 360 system update failed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 system update failed: When I turn on console it just goes to black and white screen saying system update failed status code 44764488B3802508C0000185. I can't get into guide to clear my cache or anything. I have the 320...