Xbox 360 taking much longer than normal to get passed the opening screen.

Discus and support Xbox 360 taking much longer than normal to get passed the opening screen. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So this has been happening since a few days ago and just yesterday i tried a few steps from another post about the same thing. Ive been playing Skyrim... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Graves6666, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Graves6666
    Graves6666 Guest

So this has been happening since a few days ago and just yesterday i tried a few steps from another post about the same thing. Ive been playing Skyrim lately and as of a few days ago when i would try to turn on my Xbox 360 it would take a few minutes trying
    to get past the opening screen, the one with the grey sphere and the green X in the middle of it, now ive tried a few different things. Once it did load i tried turning it off by holding the guide button and turning it off from there, after i did that i unplugged
    it for around 5 or so minutes then plugged it back in and turned it on using the guide button. That didnt work. I then also tried to clear the cache on my Xbox 360, that also didnt work. So from here, i dont know what else to try.

:)

Graves6666, Jul 10, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Graves,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Can you let us know all of the troubleshooting steps you have tried? Until then, I can recommend rolling back the 360 system update so that you can attempt to update the console again.

to reinstall the latest Xbox 360 update, follow these steps. Please note that you will need internet connection :

1. Clear the system cache. To do this, see the "Clear the system cache" section above.
    2. Roll back and then reinstall system updates. To do this:
      1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
      2. Go to settings and select System.
      3. Select Storage.
      4. Enter the following button sequence: X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.
      5. Select the option to roll back all system updates that are installed. The console will restart automatically and then download the updates again.
  3. thatkrazy006guy Win User

So this has been happening since a few days ago and just yesterday i tried a few steps from another post about the same thing. Ive been playing Skyrim lately and as of a few days ago when i would try to turn on my Xbox 360 it would take a few minutes trying
    to get past the opening screen, the one with the grey sphere and the green X in the middle of it, now ive tried a few different things. Once it did load i tried turning it off by holding the guide button and turning it off from there, after i did that i unplugged
    it for around 5 or so minutes then plugged it back in and turned it on using the guide button. That didnt work. I then also tried to clear the cache on my Xbox 360, that also didnt work. So from here, i dont know what else to try.
    Thank you for reaching out,

The clearing of the cache should have helped I would also make sure that your system hard drive has a decent amount of space to run. My personal 360 has slowed down after the past few years but as long as the cache is cleared and hard drive has enough space
    it should run smoother.

Thanks,

Brian
  4. Graves6666 Win User

It came with around 500 GB of space. Its went down to about 10 GB now so idk if thats enough or if its less than enough. If so i can delete a game if need be.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

New console query

Another thing to remember is games on the xbox one are anything form 15-20gb upwards in size so much bigger than 360 games so will take longer.
  6. DoubleDRAGON666 Win User

What's the difference between all the controllers: xbox 360, xbox 1, xbox scorpio, xbox x elite controller?

The Xbox 1 controller is for sure better than the Xbox 360 controller. I also think the normal controllers have a longer lifespan than the elites do so in some ways, the normal controller is better than the elite too.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 taking much longer than normal to get passed the opening screen. - Similar Threads - 360 taking much

2. How to take the family code off Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to take the family code off Xbox 360: I bought a xbox 360 on offer up & was wondering how to take the family code off the system , i dont know the password. [Original subject: Xbox 360] b1acb864-6a20-4a07-abab-c1856ac15f0a
  3. Does a usb takes space when configured for xbox 360 storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does a usb takes space when configured for xbox 360 storage: I configured by 32 gb drive and it was full WHAT HAPPENED??? 97eee52b-8628-4158-b6ef-505f25722417
  4. Take Experts Advice for Xbox 360 Gaming Console Technical Issues.....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Take Experts Advice for Xbox 360 Gaming Console Technical Issues.....: Xbox is a video gaming brand that is manufactured by Microsoft. It has a series of video game consoles. Its main focus is to provide maximum online gaming experience and it does that properly....
  5. where can i take my 360 to get it "reset" so its like new again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    where can i take my 360 to get it "reset" so its like new again?: I have had my xbox 360 since 2011, but i have only used it a handful of times. im not sure if its because the system itself is old or what, but its really slow and freezes a lot. other than that...
  6. What to do to take an European Xbox 360 in the US?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do to take an European Xbox 360 in the US?: we will move to the US in a few months and we would like to take our xbox 360. Is it enough to buy a new DC cable? What should we do to make it work there? Thank you for the answer...
  7. I want to know where I can take my xbox 360 for the warranty repair I live in Olinda I want ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to know where I can take my xbox 360 for the warranty repair I live in Olinda I want ...: I want to know where I can take my xbox 360 for the warranty repair I live in Olinda I want the phone and the address nearer. f3c2f972-a682-400f-aa2d-d91c5a19d612
  8. How long does Xbox 360 system update take to run?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long does Xbox 360 system update take to run?: I have downloaded the latest system update for Xbox 360, copied the files to a USB drive, and started the update. It's been running for quite some time, so I'm wondering just how long it might...
  9. Xbox 360 slim 500 HDD Problems with storage or something - Take a look PLZ n THX

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim 500 HDD Problems with storage or something - Take a look PLZ n THX: Okay so i got a 500 gb Hdd awhile ago for my xbox slim, and i put it in and it said it only had around 229 gb of total space, i called support and they didnt help at all, So I'm Pretty sure...
  10. Finally got Xbox 360 live wouldn't take on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Finally got Xbox 360 live wouldn't take on xbox: But would accept code on iPad when I go back to Xbox says has been redeemed ....don't tell me I can't transfer between units 3361b3a9-e1d1-4d82-92cc-a73d76022f25