XBOX 360 - Unable to update and complete xbox live connection

Discus and support XBOX 360 - Unable to update and complete xbox live connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to set up/connect my old XBOX 360 with Kinect (2014 model) and not able to use it. When I connect it is asking me to update and it's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RevKT2020, Nov 27, 2020.

1. RevKT2020
    RevKT2020 Guest

Hi,

I am trying to set up/connect my old XBOX 360 with Kinect (2014 model) and not able to use it. When I connect it is asking me to update and it's not completing download and update.

I tried executing update via wifi and USB Flash drive but it's not executing update to completion.

Can anyone share if they have a similar experience with older XBOX models and can offer any solutions?

Appreciate your time and help on this matter.

:)

RevKT2020, Nov 27, 2020
  2. MilesBenzing Win User

update failed for xbox live

The internet connection is working. Is an xbox 360 with 4gb too small to complete the update needed for live connection?
  3. X SoulKiller X Win User

Xbox 360 Preview Update Failed

I'm also getting these issues. I've tried: clearing cache, re-downloading the system update multiple ways, and unplugging my modem/router and AC adapter. Seems to be in correlation with the Xbox 360 Preview Program. It occurred last night while I was watching
    Netflix, got disconnected randomly while prompt to install the newer system update version. After the installation was complete I was unable to connect to Xbox live "Update Failed, A system update is required to sign in to Xbox Live, but the update is currently
    unavailable".
  4. MisterFizzle Win User

Unable to Apply Update because my XBOX won't connect

Hey there Faithfam,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue connecting to download that update.

There are a few things you can try to both get the update and troubleshoot your connection.

Here's a support article on
    How to get a new Xbox 360 update
    . I would suggest skipping down to the USB and CD solutions if you're having issues connecting to LIVE.

You can also troubleshoot your connection issue by following the prompts here: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live/connecting/unable-to-connect-solution

Just to clarify on the connection, is this a recent issue? Have you been able to connect fine in the past and it's just not connecting now?

Let us know how that goes and we'll work from there. Happy gaming!
  5. Mister Quimby Win User

Status Code 416B-0000-D080-0200-8007-2EE2

Hey greatguy5137!

Sorry to hear about the status code error. This Status code usually means that you are unable to download an update from Xbox Live. If you are unable to connect to Xbox Live, I recommend trying a few steps.

Please give the following steps a try:

• Clear Your System Cache 3 times.
    • Press the Guide button on your controller, then select Settings, select System Settings and select Network settings.
    • Select the name of your Wireless Network
    • Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
    • If you are still unable to connect to Xbox Live, turn off your Xbox 360 console and your network hardware ( modem and router).
    • Wait 5 minutes and then turn on your modem and router.
    • Power on your Xbox console.
    • Repeat the Test Xbox Live Connection steps.

If you are still unable to connect to Xbox Live let us know and we will be here to help.

6. brmoore Win User

XBOX CAN'T UPDATE/CAN'T ACCESS XBOX LIVE. ANY HELP APPRECIATED

Same issue here. Unable to use XBOX Live due to update. Connection test shows connected to the internet but failed connection to XBOX Live. Just tried to play a game and had to download an update for it, no issues. System update popped up, same failed update
    status code.
Thema:

1. XBOX 360 - Unable to update and complete xbox live connection - Similar Threads - 360 Unable update

2. Unable to pass the update screen on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to pass the update screen on Xbox 360: I have purchased the used Xbox 360 and don't know which disc was used to update. Now, i am unable to go to dashboard also it just boots up with the below mentioned error screen. Also, i tried...
  3. Unable to update XBox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to update XBox 360: hi, I was trying to update my XBox 360 from xbox live, and encountered the following error; error code 3cd6-0000-0080-0300-8007-2751. My internet connection in perfectly alright, but it is...
  4. Unable to update or connect Xbox 360 to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to update or connect Xbox 360 to Xbox Live: When I turn on my xbox 360 I get a message that an update is needed. But when I try to update it I get an "Update Failed" message that says "Can't download the Update. To test your connection,...
  5. Unable to update World of Tanks (or any game) on XBox 360 as I get kicked out of X Box live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to update World of Tanks (or any game) on XBox 360 as I get kicked out of X Box live: Hi. Today I have been unable to play World of Tanks, but I think this might be an X Box 360 issue rather than WoT. When I launch the game, I get a screen saying an update is available, do I want...
  6. Minecraft Xbox 360 unable to do split screen since update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Xbox 360 unable to do split screen since update: Greetings, An update was just done on Minecraft (I believe it was Minecraft and not the system). Since then the kids are unable to play split screen (Offline). I have verified the internet...
  7. XBox 360: Unable to update by any method, download profiles, or play games; plus corrupt ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360: Unable to update by any method, download profiles, or play games; plus corrupt ...: A couple of days ago an update failed with status code 4467 0000 3080 0502 8007 0570, which I have not been able to find on the error code list. Then, games started freezing during loading....
  8. my xbox 360 console is unable to update from its hard drive how can i fix it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox 360 console is unable to update from its hard drive how can i fix it.: i keep getting status code 3080 3cd6 2800 0f00 c000 0034 on my xbox 360 console it is updating from the hard drive but it is not reading the disk what are my options please....
  9. Unable to update Xbox 360 or log into live account!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to update Xbox 360 or log into live account!: My Xbox has been in hibernation for a year or so. I just hooked it up finally. The Xbox 360 says I need to update it prior to logging into my live account. I try to update it and get this error...
  10. Unable to update xbox 360. Hard drive stopped during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to update xbox 360. Hard drive stopped during update: Cranked up my xbox 360 after about 6 months. All went normal. Then it said I needed to update the console, so I said yes. It downloaded the update and started to update and then it stopped and...