Xbox 360 USB drive problems

Discus and support Xbox 360 USB drive problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I recently attached an old 500GB Laptop HDD to my 360 using a SATA-USB adapter. It worked fine for a while, but now I can't use it. All my save... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TriusMalarky, May 23, 2020 at 11:52 PM.

1. TriusMalarky
    TriusMalarky Guest

So, I recently attached an old 500GB Laptop HDD to my 360 using a SATA-USB adapter. It worked fine for a while, but now I can't use it. All my save data is one there -- and not just mine. It's for the whole family. Small children have been using the Xbox,
    and that may have done something.

Could it have been corrupted? And yes, I have unplugged it, restarted the Xbox, unplugged the Xbox, and combinations of those. How do I get in to it? I don't want to risk ruining my data by plugging it into my computer, 'cos there's a lot of time on that
    drive.

How can I fix this?

:)

2. juan van Win User

E71 Error. Ive tried EVERYTHING!

From what the web reports it is a dashboard problem, can you try to use a USB instead of the Hard drive for a while and see if that helps/fixes the problem.

support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive
  3. OCRyzen Win User

my 360 deletes anything that is on the memory brick...

4. Mister Mascot Win User

USB flash drive won't fit through the door.

Hey there SixtiethBag3419,

I wanted to show you this page as it will show you the type of USB drive that will fit into the console without any problems. Anything of a similar size and shape should also work.

USB flash drive support for Xbox 360
  5. HassanB Win User

Xbox won't configure my USB (has worked with xbox before)

Have you tried to use a different USB Device in the same USB Port or tried the Seagate drive in another USB Port on the XBOX 360 to see if it picks it up? If another USB Device works in all the other USB Ports that means it's the Seagate drive that's causing
    the problem.
  6. VibroPlex Win User

Unable to connect to LIVE?

Do you have a USB flash drive, 4GB-32GB in size? If so, remove your hard drive and plug in the USB flash drive, then prepare the Flash Drive for use as a Memory Unit.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/usb-flash-drive
    Then, download your profile to the Memory Unit and see if it solves the problem. Please let us know, either way.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 USB drive problems - Similar Threads - 360 USB drive

2. Xbox 360 updating through USB flash drive doesn't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 updating through USB flash drive doesn't work.: I haven't played on my Xbox 360 for a while and wanted to get back on. When I do it tells me I have to install a update or I will be disconnected from Xbox live. I start downloading the update and...
  3. USB flash drive 360 system update not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB flash drive 360 system update not working: I have a Fat32 formatted 128GB USB flash drive that I have unzipped the Xbox 360 system update to. The update does not begin when starting the console as the instructions says it should. I've...
  4. Can I convert my USB to an Xbox 360 hard drive? Tryna play Destiny without buying a a hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I convert my USB to an Xbox 360 hard drive? Tryna play Destiny without buying a a hard...: I want to play Destiny on my Xbox 360 but it tells me that it requires an Xbox 360 hard drive to play. I have tried formatting my usb, but the configure now or customize never show up. I have used...
  5. Xbox 360 info on USB flash drive can I transfer it over to Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 info on USB flash drive can I transfer it over to Xbox One?: Hey there. So i found an old USB flash drive that i used for extra memory on my Xbox 360 and I was wondering if there is anyway i can take all that info and use it on my Xbox one or if not all...
  6. Xbox 360 cannot read disc after saving my game to a usb flash drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cannot read disc after saving my game to a usb flash drive: Hi all, I can play my game call of duty black ops 2 when nothing is downloaded, but when I sign in and download, my disc is unreadable. I have the halo 3 special edition xbox 360 that I got from...
  7. Looking for a 500GB+ USB flash drive to use with my Xbox 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for a 500GB+ USB flash drive to use with my Xbox 360.: I would like to find a USB Flash Drive that I can download to all of my Movies and TV purchases from Microsoft on Xbox 360. If anyone knows of a Flash drive that would work to do this and where to...
  8. Multiple USB flash drives on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple USB flash drives on Xbox 360: Hello everyone. Today i brought a external Hard drive and i pluged in the console. The external Hard drive is recognized by the console, however one of my USB flash drive stops working and it...
  9. Using External USB Hard Drive with Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using External USB Hard Drive with Xbox 360: Hi everyone, Recently, I bought a GDrive Mobile USB 1TB external hard drive to back up my Mac. I was excited when I realized that external hard drives / USBs also worked with the Xbox 360,...
  10. Xbox 360 my son for some reason decided to move Terraria onto a USB Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 my son for some reason decided to move Terraria onto a USB Drive: But as I was trying to put it together I did come across some files name characters and some files named worlds I believe my whole problem is is that it shows that the save games are there and...