Xbox 360 wifi adapter not detected.

Discus and support Xbox 360 wifi adapter not detected. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just bought an xbox 360 Pro still sealed in the box. It has the 1st original dashboard which means I can't install games and access my digital... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Forza SimmRacer, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 wifi adapter not detected.

I just bought an xbox 360 Pro still sealed in the box. It has the 1st original dashboard which means I can't install games and access my digital content. Unfortunately the 360 is unable to detect my wifi adapter. Is it possible to download the update onto
    a thumb drive then physically apply the update to the console?

:)

Forza SimmRacer, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Forza SimmRacer Win User

Never mind, I popped in Forza4 to see if it would play the disc and it said without an update it won't play it so I selected yes, update. It stated updating to my surprise, then asked me if I wanted to configure wifi adapter then after a few more updates
    it was up and running. It was a real treat seeing the 1st dashboard again though. I would've just left it like that but playing games without installing them is just really hard on the console.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

It is a wireless N adapter make sure that mode is supported by what you are trying to connect it to.

to connect the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter

1. Attach the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter to the back of your Xbox 360 console by snapping the plastic tabs on the adapter into the slots on the back of your console.
    2. Plug the USB cable into the USB port on the back of your console.
      Note If you are using a wireless adapter and a Kinect sensor, use the wireless adapter extension cable included with the Kinect sensor to plug the wireless adapter
      into a USB port on the front of the console.
    3. Flip up the antennae.
    4. If a network cable is plugged into the back of the console, unplug it.
    5. Configure the wireless settings on your console. For more information, see

How to configure wireless settings on your Xbox 360 console
  4. taidara Win User

I just bought an xbox 360 Pro still sealed in the box. It has the 1st original dashboard which means I can't install games and access my digital content.
    Unfortunately the 360 is unable to detect my wifi adapter. Is it possible to download the update onto a thumb drive then physically apply the update to the console?
    Would this be the official Xbox 360 wireless networking adapter?
  5. Forza SimmRacer Win User

It wasn't detecting the adapter, I thought it was the console, mabey it was mishandled or roughed up enough to mabey crack a solder ball, we're talking a console sealed in the box since 2007, I'm amazed it works. Microsoft are geniuses. Anyway I popped
    in a game and it updated on its own.
  6. Forza SimmRacer Win User

Yes, I have 2 of them and they work perfectly. I popped in Forza4 and the system not only updated, but also configured my adapter.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 wifi adapter not detected. - Similar Threads - 360 wifi adapter

2. Compatible USB wifi adapter for Xbox 360

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Compatible USB wifi adapter for Xbox 360: Are there any usb network adapters that are compatible with Xbox 360 besides the microsoft one that dont cost too much? 2e2e1701-e22e-4ab7-8222-a1849b5ef268
  3. : my xbox 360 cant connect to wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : my xbox 360 cant connect to wifi: : my xbox 360 cant connect to wifi Hi, Have you tried restarting your router/console? a6e07b77-345e-40b7-9565-a86ad84431f8
  4. Cannot connect any of our Xbox 360's to our WiFi can you help?

Cannot connect any of our Xbox 360's to our WiFi can you help?: Cannot connect any of our Xbox 360's to our WiFi can you help? Thank you I enables UPnP I manually added my SSID and tried WEP, WPA and no security, still cannot connect Tricky one. And by...
  5. Sharing Wifi to XBOX 360 on a Windows 10 Laptop

Sharing Wifi to XBOX 360 on a Windows 10 Laptop: Sharing Wifi to XBOX 360 on a Windows 10 Laptop I have received an old xbox 360 as a gift to my kids for Christmas and am trying every which way to connect it to internet having lost the use of...
  6. ¿Why does my Xbox 360 E Doesn't connect to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    ¿Why does my Xbox 360 E Doesn't connect to my wifi?: Recently I bought an Xbox 360 E and for some reason doesn't want to connect to my wifi Whenever I do the test the error message I get says: There's a problem with your connection. I already tried...
  7. Xbox 360 wireless adapter overrides my wifi

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 wireless adapter overrides my wifi: Hello, I recently bought a brand new Xbox 360 wireless controller for my laptop and every time I plug the adapter it overrides my wifi connection, so I can not use it on online mode for all my...
  8. WiFi connection to Xbox 360 with wireless adapter at hoteli

in XBoX on Consoles
    WiFi connection to Xbox 360 with wireless adapter at hoteli: I just bought a wireless WiFi adapter for my Xbox 360 and it will not connect to the WiFi at the hotel bc there is a sign in page you have to go to and enter room number etc.. please help...
  9. 360 with built in wifi adapter denying it has a wifi adapter + error code: 80151904

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 with built in wifi adapter denying it has a wifi adapter + error code: 80151904: My 360 disconects about every 3 minutes or so, then i have to wait 5 minutes before it wants to connect again This appears to exclusively happen when playing games, if it happened and i quit to...
  10. xbox 360 wifi adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 wifi adapter: does it matter which one I buy I see 3 or 4 models .... I have the white console its about 4yrs old 63d3b6c0-2d4e-407b-9c55-4550f161c9ae