Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello. I need some help on this issue. I have been trying to connect my controller to my Inspiron ONE2330 (which is a Windows 10 Home desktop, 64-bit,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mikayla Williams, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Windows 10

Hello. I need some help on this issue. I have been trying to connect my controller to my Inspiron ONE2330 (which is a Windows 10 Home desktop, 64-bit, powered by DELL) and is not working.

I have read the support pages from Microsoft and Xbox and everything I did came with no luck. It says that all I have to do is plug it in, but just doing that is not helping me at all. When I plug it in, I do hear the sound for when something is plugged
    into the USB ports, however, nothing is happening.

I have checked the Device Manager and saw "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller via Play & Charge Kit" under Xbox 360 Peripherals. I believe that all the drivers that I need are installed (xusb22.inf) but when I open the game I want the controller to work in
    (the game in question: A Hat in Time), it would not input the buttons I pressed.

Yes, I have deleted and reinstalled the controller from my PC repeatedly but still no luck. I have also checked from the joy.cpl panel and my controller does not even show up. Is there a way I can fix this?

:)

Mikayla Williams, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Miss Bijoux Win User

Xbox 360 controller to windows store games Wont work

Hey there!

Are you trying to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to your Windows 10 PC or is it a wired controller? If it's a wired one, here are the steps to

calibrate your controller with your Windows PC.
    You'll want to follow those steps and be sure that everything is set up correctly and try again.

Keep us posted! :)
  3. XanderBash Win User

Not sure if this is the correct place!!

From what I've read, you are trying to connect your Xbox 360 controller to windows 10?

Here are the steps for that for connecting it:

1. Plug the Xbox 360 wired controller into any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the computer.

2. Windows 10 will automatically install drivers for your controller. Once you see the pop-up notification that the drivers have been installed, you can use your controller.

3. Open a game or the Xbox app and test your controller by pressing a button, pulling a trigger, or moving a stick on the controller.

Notes:

• If your Xbox 360 wired controller is not detected by your PC, try plugging it into a different USB port, and then test it again.
    • If your controller still does not work, check that Windows 10 is fully updated. Install any updates and then try again.
    • Refer to your game documentation for information about how to configure the Xbox 360 controller for a specific game.
    • Drivers for Xbox controllers are included with Windows 10, so you won't have to download or install software othr than Windows 10 updates.
    If you experience problems or have questions, go to http://support.xbox.com/en-US/conta...accessories/connect-wired-controller-computer

Did this solve your problem? Yes | No
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to pc for pc games

Hello im tring to hook up my xbox 360 controller with charge cord....
    H,

That's your problem, right there. Unfortunately, if you connect your wireless Xbox 360 controller with a charging cable, all your doing is charging the controller.

The 360 wireless controller can't be turned into a wired controller with the charging cable as neither the controller or the wire were designed to send data this way.

You either need 360 wired controller or an Xbox One controller. Xbox One controllers can use wired or wireless, but wireless is only supported via Windows 10.

Hope that helps.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

cant connect xbox 360 controller to windows via USB

How to set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Set up a wired controller on Windows 10

Follow these steps to install your Xbox 360 wired controller on Windows 10:

1. Plug the Xbox 360 controller into any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the computer.
    2. Windows 10 will automatically install drivers for your controller, so you won't have to download or install software other than Windows 10 updates. Once you see the pop-up notification that the drivers have been installed, you can use your controller.
    3. Open a game or the Xbox app and test your controller by pressing a button, pulling a trigger, or moving a stick on the controller.
    Notes

• If your Xbox 360 wired controller is not detected by your PC, try plugging it into a different USB port, and then test it again.
    • If your controller still does not work, check that Windows 10 is fully updated. Install any updates and then try again.
    • Refer to your game documentation for information about how to configure the Xbox 360 controller for a specific game
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller

Hello MuntangaMundia,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that the Xbox 360 wired controller you have is not being detected by your PC. We suggest making sure

Windows 10 is up to date
    . The article entitled, "How to set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" contains steps on how
    to ensure that the controller is being connected to the PC efficiently. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Windows 10

1. Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - 360 wired controller

2. Faulty wired XBOX 360 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Faulty wired XBOX 360 controller: I have an issue with my wired XBOX 306 controller where it keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting and sometimes it doesn't connect at all. This is my third xbox controller, two of them I've...
  3. 360 wired controller vibration issue

in XBoX on Windows
    360 wired controller vibration issue: My 360 wired controller constantly loses vibration after each PC reboot. When it does, it lights top-right green sector of the circle (normal state is top-left). A simple re-plug fixes it, however...
  4. XBOX 360 WIRED CONTROLER WONT GET RECOGNIZED

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX 360 WIRED CONTROLER WONT GET RECOGNIZED: So i had 1 controller which worked perfectly fine yesterday til now, and i went and bought another xbox 360 controller which is also wired to play 2 player games with friends. When I got home i...
  5. Xbox 360 wired controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 wired controller: I purchased an xbox 360 wired controller which worked perfectly after plugging in. After 2 weeks it only vibrates when connected, the light doesn't go on and it doesn't show up under "devices" on...
  6. How I [SOLVED] my issue of "Xbox 360 wired controller shows up as 'Unknown device' in...

in XBoX on Windows
    How I [SOLVED] my issue of "Xbox 360 wired controller shows up as 'Unknown device' in...: Hello! 3 Months ago i posted about an issue with my Xbox 360 wired controller, I have solved it since then, Why i am even writing about it now is because the user Teresa194 asked me how i solved...
  7. XBox 360 wired controller with windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox 360 wired controller with windows 10: I have two old wireless xbox 360 controllers that i want to use on my laptop with windows 10. Normally they function by plug and play, but at the moment they do not work at all. The controllers...
  8. Xbox 360 wired controller with windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 wired controller with windows: Split from this thread. Hi ….please I want help my xbox 360 controller I download all drivers and make apdate for windows and the laptop give me sound when I connect wire but it does not work...
  9. Xbox 360 wired controller with windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 wired controller with windows 10: HI. so i just bought this xbox 360 wired controller and when i plug it, nothing... it doesn't detect it at all, not even found in device manager! And... it starts vibrating by it self!! So i tried...
  10. Wired Xbox 360 Controller won't even turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox 360 Controller won't even turn on: I have used this controller for years, both on Xbox 360 and on PC and it worked just fine, then one day it just decided not to turn on whether it was on Xbox or on PC. I plug it into my PC but its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 wired not connecting to pc