Xbox 360 Wired Controller Randomly Swapping To Player 2, 3 or 4 (PC)

Discus and support Xbox 360 Wired Controller Randomly Swapping To Player 2, 3 or 4 (PC) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; It swaps player after 20-30 minutes and stops working. In another forum I have read that it is because of "streaming apps" and I turned off geforce... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by IşıkT1, Jun 20, 2021.

1. IşıkT1
    IşıkT1 Guest

It swaps player after 20-30 minutes and stops working. In another forum I have read that it is because of "streaming apps" and I turned off geforce expeirence and xbox but that didn't fix it. I need help.

:)

IşıkT1, Jun 20, 2021
  2. FarzanHafiz Win User

Xbox Wired Controllers, always auto assign as same player number.

I never faced that problem. Diconnect the wired controllers first. Now if you want the wired ones to be Player 3 and Player 4, just the the 2 wireless ones first so that they are assigned Player 1 and Player 2. So the next controllers you connect will have
    to be Player3 and Player 4. This way you can adjust the Player number you want to each controller. Hope this helps :)
  3. bigjuju88 Win User

wired xbox 360 controllers

Okay. Here's a list of what I did to try and trouble-shoot the issue.

1 - Turned off and unplugged XBOX 360. Plugged in 3 Microsoft brand wired controllers into USB ports on the back. Plugged in XBOX 360 and powered on. All 3 controllers show Player 1. Unplugged each controller individually at the in-line release/breakaway
    connector and reconnected. No change. Each still shows Player 1.

2 - Turned off and unplugged XBOX 360. Plugged in 1 Microsoft brand wireless controller into USB port on front (I know it's a wireless controller but this one is used and the rechargeable battery is completely dead and won't hold a charge.). Plugged in
    3 Microsoft brand wired controllers into USB ports on the back. Plugged in XBOX 360 and powered on. All 3 regular wired controllers show Player 1. Wireless controller that's plugged into a USB port shows as Player 2.

Thanks.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

xbox 360 controller wired pc windows 10

Is the USB cord connected to the controller and can't be removed? Or are you using a removable Play&Charge cable?

Usually, when the controller shows two alternately flashing LED's, it is a sign that the batteries are almost empty.

If it's a wired controller, it could be, that the wires in the cable are broken, and you have a loose contact in one of the wires (maybe because the cable was bent too much or too often).

In that case, the PC won't recognize the USB device properly, and in the case the controller was connected, the wire inside the cable lost contact, and then connects the broken wire again, the controller might be detected as a new controller device, and
    is then assigned the "Player 2", "Player 3" or "Player 4" LED quadrant.
  5. PhilMarck Win User

xbox 360 hd dvd player

360's HD-DVD Player is a pretty nice add-on as it can be used for Xbox, PC, Laptop, Notebook or whatever's compatible with.

-

The white Xbox Media Remote that came with it is an excellent remote matter fact I use it to control the TV + Xbox, though every 2-3 weeks I always need to swap the batteries because it starts to die out.
  6. OCRyzen Win User

Both gamertags on console showing up in xbox live parties

If he's got a wired controller connected in the USB port [2up] it will sign in another gamertag for a second player... As the wired controller, is always powered & active as a second player.. Players 2, 3 & 4 always follow player 1's Choice & if he joins
    a chat room, the others will follow...
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Wired Controller Randomly Swapping To Player 2, 3 or 4 (PC) - Similar Threads - 360 Wired Controller

2. Wired 360 controllers on xcloud?

in XboX Insiders
    Wired 360 controllers on xcloud?: I can't seem to get my wired 360 controller to work with xcloud. Playing on Windows 10 PC chrome browser. Does anyone know how to get around this? submitted by /u/SHINEYMAN22 [link] [comments]
  3. When when i try to connet my wired xbox 360 controller it says "driver error"

in XBoX on Consoles
    When when i try to connet my wired xbox 360 controller it says "driver error": [img] When i try plugging in my xbox 360 wired controller it just says Driver error i tried to ignore it and tried turning on the controller all it did was do the noise of unpluging something...
  4. My wired Xbox controller is not working to start my new Xbox 360 or to initialize it once I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox controller is not working to start my new Xbox 360 or to initialize it once I...: I I just bought a refurbished Xbox 360 from Amazon. I had to buy the controller and all the cables to hook it up separately. I ended up having to buy a wired old style wired controller.. it's not...
  5. Xbox 360 wired controller not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 wired controller not working: my xbox 360 wired controller blinks whenever i plug it in to my win 10 or xbox 360. it turns on for a second and then turns on, i belive its because of a wire malfunction. if you know any self...
  6. Why wont my xbox 360 wired controller connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox 360 wired controller connect: I have 3 wired controllers that work in other devices but when ever i put it in my console doesnt matter what port it just blinks i got it to work a few times if i have all pluged in but ive been...
  7. Xbox 360 wired controller right joystick does not go back to its default place

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller right joystick does not go back to its default place: So yea i was just playing one day and it stopped moving back to the middle. And i just got the controller a week ago so it cant be cause its old. 7b2ce9e6-7a1e-490a-bd5e-8ac927108e1d
  8. Wired Microsoft Xbox 360 controller stopped working on PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    Wired Microsoft Xbox 360 controller stopped working on PC.: I've recently bought my self a new xbox 360 controller after my old one kinda died. It has always worked untill today. It doesn't matter what game I try to play (via Steam or Origin), neither of...
  9. Xbox 360 WIRED controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 WIRED controller: I just recently got an xbox 360. I have the wired controllers that i bought brand new. I plug them in and nothing happens. Except when there plugged in if i press the xbox symbol it will turn the...
  10. My wired xbox 360 controller keeps reconnecting as player 2?

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired xbox 360 controller keeps reconnecting as player 2?: sometimes during the day, my controller keeps reconnecting as player 2. most of the times is while im in the middle of the game, i have noticed this problem in rocket league....