Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Battery Charging

Discus and support Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Battery Charging in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a rather technical question to ask. I am working on a project for a class at Iowa State University (I'm studying Electrical Engineering). I need... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kRumm151, Mar 6, 2015.

1. kRumm151
    kRumm151 Guest

I have a rather technical question to ask. I am working on a project for a class at Iowa State University (I'm studying Electrical Engineering). I need to know what pins from the USB charger need to be connected to which contacts on the battery to charge
    the battery. I have dismantled the controller and am re-purposing it. I am using components from the controller (specifically the charger, rechargeable battery pack, motors, buttons and trigger mechanisms). My project is to create a modular device that attaches
    to a pinball machine that can be placed over the flipper button on one side and have a button on the other to allow both flippers to be operated on one side for single arm amputees.

:)

kRumm151, Mar 6, 2015
  2. Microsoft you have a typo.

Charger for Xbox One

Complete with a charging cable and rechargeable battery pack, the Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit is all you need to juice up your Xbox 360 wireless controller—even in the midst of battle.

BEYOND KILLING, Mar 6, 2015
  3. vgdelta
    vgdelta Guest
    Out of all the Xbox consoles, which one do you think is the overall best one out of the rest...

vgdelta, Mar 6, 2015
  4. DangerousBard Win User

the charging station is strange

Hello gamer,

This behavior can occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:

. The battery has reached the charge limit.

. There may be an issue with the charge cable.

. There may be an issue with the battery.

Things to try:

1. Determine the part of the recharging system that may be causing the issue.

Controller

Try AA batteries or try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack in the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller to verify that there is nothing wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, the controller is not causing the issue.

Charge cable

Try a different Xbox 360 Play and Charge cable to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different charge cable, the original charge cable is faulty.

Rechargeable battery

a. Use a cotton swab and some alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

b. Try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, the original battery is faulty.
  5. DangerousBard Win User

2 problems i been having lately. please help

Regarding your first question you should check your NAT settings and make sure they are open

Regarding the controller problem this occurs when:

. The battery has reached the charge limit.

. There may be an issue with the charge cable.

. There may be an issue with the battery.

Things to try:

1. Determine the part of the recharging system that may be causing the issue.

Controller

Try AA batteries or try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack in the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller to verify that there is nothing wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, the controller is not causing the issue.

Charge cable

Try a different Xbox 360 Play and Charge cable to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different charge cable, the original charge cable is faulty.

Rechargeable battery

a. Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

b. Try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, the original battery is faulty.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox360 Controller USB Incompatibility with PC

Hi,

To use an Xbox 360 controller on its own on a PC, it must a wired controller. It does not matter if the USB port is 3.0, USB 2.0 devices will work on USB 3.0 ports.
    The Xbox 360 Play and Charge can not send controller data back to the PC. It will only charge the battery, or power the controller if no battery is present. A play and charge for 360 controllers is a charger, nothing
    more.

Xbox 360 wireless controllers are always wireless. To use a Xbox 360 wireless controller on a PC, you'll need an Xbox 360 gaming receiver.

Only the Wireless Xbox One controllers can be made wired with the correct Micro USB sync and charge type cable.
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

Cable play&charge to windows 10

Hi,

When using this cable on a 360 it will allow you to continue to play while charging. It doesn't make the wireless 360 controller a wired controller, in fact the controller remains wireless.

Hence, if you plug this into a 360 controller and a PC, it will just charge the battery - or power the controller if no battery is present. It won't make the controller wired. This is because the 360 wireless controller was only designed to be wireless.

To use a 360 wireless controller on your PC, you'll need a 360 Game Receiver.
  8. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox360 Controller USB Incompatibility with PC

The play and charge cord for the Xbox 360 is only used for powering the controller and charging the included battery. It does not transfer data.

If your 360 controller is the wireless model, you will have to get a USB Xbox 360 wireless receiver for the PC. This is what actually connects your controller to the PC.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Battery Charging - Similar Threads - 360 Wireless Controller

2. I don't know how to charge my battery pack for my xbox 360 wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know how to charge my battery pack for my xbox 360 wireless controller: My controller is wireless and has a rechargeable battery pack but I don't know how to charge it. My console is almost 10 years old so I possibly could have lost the charge cord. I have the main...
  3. xbox 360 wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 wireless controller: Hello can someone tell me where I can purchase a wireless Xbox 360 Controller ??? 55aa3f1d-f67f-494e-9141-9e19e53d0876
  4. Xbox 360 controller no longer pairs to wireless receiver for windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 controller no longer pairs to wireless receiver for windows 10: I have a wireless receiver, identical to this one here, but black. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00LAAWMSW?pf_rd_p=05326fd5-c43e-4948-99b1-a65b129fdd73&pf_rd_r=R10W6GHMMMJ9M5VMT5EQ i've been...
  5. Xbox 360 E wireless controller is not connecting to the console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E wireless controller is not connecting to the console.: I have two controllers. I have been successfully connecting them to the console for may years. Since 3 years ago i have also started connecting them to my PC via adapter. Yesterday i tried to...
  6. Wireless XBOX 360 controller doesn't want to connect to the PC adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless XBOX 360 controller doesn't want to connect to the PC adapter: My wireless controller infinitely looks for an adapter, but never connects. The only solutions I've found online, were to install drivers to the unknon device, but that hasn't worked....
  7. Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?: Alrighty. I'm trying to play games on the Windows 10 version of the XBox Games Pass with an XBox 360 wireless controller. I'm able to use the controller on other game services (example: Steam,...
  8. Windows 10 + XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter / Controller don't work anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 + XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter / Controller don't work anymore: I connected two different XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter on three different Windows 10 PCs. All with the latest Version of WIndows 10 and never had connected with the Wireless Adapter before: nothing...
  9. Can't Get my Wired Wireless X-Box 360 Controller To Work

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Get my Wired Wireless X-Box 360 Controller To Work: Maybe I'm misinformed, but I believe it's possible to use old X-Box 360 controllers for PC games now. I'm not sure if this is only limited to just X-Box One games on PC or if it can be used for...
  10. Can't use my Xbox 360 wireless controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't use my Xbox 360 wireless controller: Hello, my problem is the one in the subject: i can't use my xbox 360 wireless controller when I play the Xbox Game Pass for PC. When I start any game, the controller is not detected, but with all...