xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...

Discus and support xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I've got windows 10 with the latest update installed, I also have wireless xbox 360 controller. It works perfectly fine under Steam but I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kc_200, Jul 15, 2019.

1. kc_200
    kc_200 Guest

xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...

Hello,

I've got windows 10 with the latest update installed, I also have wireless xbox 360 controller.

It works perfectly fine under Steam but I can't get it working with any of my games run from Xbox app (I've tried Guacamele 2, Gears of War 4, Timespinner).

I've no idea if that is result of steam changes (it has over taken controller) or anything else.

Maybe these games needs Xbox one controller ?

When I run joy.cpl all looks great, however downloaded app "Game Controller Tester" couldn't find mine controller.

Any ideas what to do, what to check ?

Thanks

***Moved from Windows 10/Devices & drivers***

:)

kc_200, Jul 15, 2019
  2. RúbriaKritikos Win User

XBOX GAME PASS DON'T RUN SOME GAMES IN PC ANYMORE

3. IceStorm III Win User

XBOX/720/X-Box/NexBox/Durango? Worries and Questions.....

Building a Steam box IS sticking with PC. It just means building a PC designed to work with a TV. Windows and a wireless keyboard and a 360 controller fit the bill.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

wireless xbox 360 controller on win10 without reciever

and what does the connect button do on controller?
    The connect button starts the pairing process with a Xbox 360 console or the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless protocol, and NOT Bluetooth. So the standard wireless devices in your computer can't work with the Xbox 360 wireless controller.

You absolutely definitely need the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows if you wish to use your Xbox 360 controller on your PC.

Make sure you do NOT get the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Xbox One controllers, as they won't work with Xbox 360 controllers.

Also if you try to use a Play & Charge USB cable on your Xbox 360 controller, this will also not work, as the Play & Charge cable ONLY carries power, but does NOT transmit controller data.

So if you don't want to buy a wireless receiver, your only options are to buy a dedicated wired Xbox 360 controller (that has a non-removable USB cord attached), or get a Xbox One controller with Bluetooth functionality.
  5. MyJewlzHurt Win User

Will Xbox 360 slim controller work with Windows XP?

6. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10

The Xbox 360 controllers need a special wireless connector to work with Windows. The 360 controllers, different from the Xbox One controllers, do not send input signals over the charge and play cable to the computer or console, those are only for charging
    the batteries in the controller.

You would need
    this accessory for it to work on a PC
    or buy a specifically a wired Xbox 360 controller.
Thema:

1. xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started... - Similar Threads - 360 wireless controller

2. New Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with Xbox 360 S; help please?

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with Xbox 360 S; help please?: Hello, My new Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with my Xbox 360 S! I have tried all the troubleshooting steps that are on the Xbox and Microsoft websites but still cannot get it...
  3. [Help] Wireless Xbox 360 Controller Receiver Not Detected By Windows 10 & No Green Light????

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Help] Wireless Xbox 360 Controller Receiver Not Detected By Windows 10 & No Green Light????: I have been using a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller Receiver For Windows for years on my desktop pc which has has Windows 10 (64bit). Works great. I about to go on a trip and wanted to use the...
  4. Xbox 360 Controller not pairing to Wireless Adapter for Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Controller not pairing to Wireless Adapter for Windows: I recently found my old Xbox 360 and decided to see if I could use the controllers to play on my PC and have purchased the Wireless Adapter for Windows. I have been trying for a while now to see...
  5. Xbox 360 controller not pairing with wireless adaptor for Windows 10.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 controller not pairing with wireless adaptor for Windows 10.: Hi, Apologies for the (partial) rant, but I'm more than a little frustrated that the only way to get support for genuine Microsoft products purchased directly from them, is to seek out help on...
  6. how do you turn on xbox 360 wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do you turn on xbox 360 wireless controller: how do u turn on xbox 360 wireless controller 84cdd478-88de-4631-b053-8a7d7cb8c9d6
  7. Wireless Xbox 360 Controller on PC; green light blinking

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Xbox 360 Controller on PC; green light blinking: I have been using one 360 controller for PC for a few years until I started having issues with it. I started using a new wireless 360 controller. After syncing the new controller, the green light...
  8. how can i set up xbox 360 wireless control to control mouse pointer to my laptop windows 10 pro

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can i set up xbox 360 wireless control to control mouse pointer to my laptop windows 10 pro: how can i set up xbox 360 wireless control to control mouse pointer to my laptop windows 10 pro 728037a1-a18d-44ea-a92a-cf91075952b9
  9. how can i set up xbox 360 control wireless to control mouse windows 10 pro?

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can i set up xbox 360 control wireless to control mouse windows 10 pro?: how can i set up xbox 360 control wireless to control mouse windows 10 pro? dffcfe4b-4fd7-4c0c-8717-b4732d11e557
  10. Wireless Xbox 360 Controller Receiver stopped working.

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Xbox 360 Controller Receiver stopped working.: Hi i bought 3 years ago the wireless xbox 360 controller receiver to play on my pc with a controller and after i plugged the receiver to another pc and plugged back to my pc it stopped working and...