Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver, problem with drivers

Discus and support Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver, problem with drivers in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently bought a third party pc wireless gaming receiver which should work with Xbox 360 wireless controllers but the problem is downloading the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ErikBrisse, Aug 1, 2020.

1. ErikBrisse
    ErikBrisse Guest

I recently bought a third party pc wireless gaming receiver which should work with Xbox 360 wireless controllers but the problem is downloading the drivers for this receiver. I followed this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JL75xVfY3c and
    downloaded what I thought was the right drivers for the receiver. To be fair it was not the same drivers as in the youtube video so maybe that´s the problem. But when I tried to download drivers for the Xbox 360 wireless controller on Microsoft it won´t let
    me. Here are som print screens:

Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver, problem with drivers [​IMG]

Hope I´m not the only one with this problem.

:)

ErikBrisse, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Echo4Ent Win User

Download page redirects, invalidating help articles regarding connecting xbox 360 controllers to a PC

Zsigma,

Are you trying to find the drivers for the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver? If so, then the drivers are built in to Windows 10, and should install automatically when you plug the adapter into a USB port. If you are using an earlier version of windows, then
    the add new hardware wizard should start, and find the drivers.

PCs require the adapter in order to use a 360 controller, as the controller uses a custom wireless format.

There are instructions to set up the receiver and controller here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-windows

Good Luck!
  3. johnodd24360 Win User

Xbox one Wireless adpater

there is a official driver for the xbox one controllers you need the xbox accessorie app and uninstall the xbox 360 controller driver

then just reconnect the xbox one wireless receiver it will reinstall the right driver automaticacly
  4. Mister Maka Win User

Connect xbox 360 controller to PC

Hey there Gantz2006.

Depending on your OS, you should be able to install it through the included drivers. Please take a look at the

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Troubleshooter
    and let us know if that helps you correct your driver issue.
  5. shadow walkerOZ Win User

Gaming Receiver doesen't work (HEELP)

Windows has most of the drivers for Xbox controllers and wireless receivers already, but sometimes you need to give it a bit of help.

Try this method: Open your device manager and double click on the receiver with the yellow mark on it. Then select the Driver tab and click on "Update driver". Next, select "Browse my computer for driver software" and then "Let me pick from a list of device
    drivers on my computer". Then scroll all the way to the bottom and look for "Xbox 360 Peripherals". Select that and then choose "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows".

Install that and you should be good to go.
  6. Rick Rorschach Win User

Xbox 360 PC wireless gaming receiver not recognized by windows 10

you checked this page?

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-windows

you can get the drivers here:

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/d/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows

but the page seems to be down right now
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver, problem with drivers - Similar Threads - 360 wireless gaming

2. Xbox 1 to Xbox 360 wireless gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 to Xbox 360 wireless gaming: I have an xbox 1 and an xbox 360 in two different locations. If I have the xbox 360 wireless adapter will I be able to play the same game where I left off of on one or the other? For example, if I...
  3. no connection..verizon wireless hotspot to xbox live from an xbox 360 game console

in XboX Networking Hardware
    no connection..verizon wireless hotspot to xbox live from an xbox 360 game console: no connection..verizon wireless hotspot to xbox live from an xbox 360 game console Hi daniellecauvin, Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing issues with your connection to a...
  4. Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?: Alrighty. I'm trying to play games on the Windows 10 version of the XBox Games Pass with an XBox 360 wireless controller. I'm able to use the controller on other game services (example: Steam,...
  5. Windows 10 does not recognize my Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 does not recognize my Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver: Hello, I have recently bought an Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver in order to connect my wireless Xbox 360 gaming controller. I have tried to connect my wireless receiver but my PC does not...
  6. xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...: Hello, I've got windows 10 with the latest update installed, I also have wireless xbox 360 controller. It works perfectly fine under Steam but I can't get it working with any of my games run...
  7. Xbox 360 PC wireless gaming receiver not recognized by windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 PC wireless gaming receiver not recognized by windows 10: I have a wireless gaming receiver for windows and when I connect it to my computer it scans for drivers but doesn't recognize the device. This means that it doesn't download the necessary drivers...
  8. Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver: I recently bought a wireless receiver and my laptop says it needs its drivers updated, unfortunately i have not found anything remotely close to what i am looking for, if anyone could help me with...
  9. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 Hi there, if you are experiencing issues connecting to Xbox Live then please try the steps on the following support pages: Xbox 360:...
  10. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 Connection Problem

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 Connection Problem: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 Connection Problem Hello, my problem is this: every time I try to connect my Xbox 360 to Windows Media Center (Windows 7 Ultimate) WMC does not identify or find...