Xbox 360 won't let me change my region/country when adding a payment option

Discus and support Xbox 360 won't let me change my region/country when adding a payment option in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to buy a few Xbox One compatible XB360 and Original XB games. When I add a payment option to my account on the 360 in order to make the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlexanderSMitchell, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 won't let me change my region/country when adding a payment option

I am trying to buy a few Xbox One compatible XB360 and Original XB games. When I add a payment option to my account on the 360 in order to make the purchase it has my region/country set to the US, this makes no sense as when I log onto my Microsoft account
    on PC it is set to Canada as it should be. I have never had my region set to the US, I have never had to change my region/country so there is no reason I can see for this to happen. The 360 I am using has its Locale set to Canada, my Xbox One has its location
    set to Canada, as stated earlier my account has it's location set to canada I have no idea why this is happening and have no clue what to do to fix it.

:)

AlexanderSMitchell, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

how to change the country and the currency on the xbox one ?

3. CZECHMAN90 Win User
  4. Mr Boozyhead Win User
  5. Sebastiaanvh Win User
  6. WPAK Win User

Can't purchase free game with gold

Hi there,

be sure to check if you have a valid payment option set up on your account for the region your console is connected to (it is advised that this is the country you are located in)

For Xbox 360 content it is required that a valid payment option is present, even for free content if the purchase is made on a different device then the Xbox 360. The payment option won't be charged btw.

Please check or add a payment option via
    http://account.microsoft.com
    and try to make the purchase for the free game again on either console or xbox.com

Let us know the results
Thema:

Xbox 360 won't let me change my region/country when adding a payment option

1. Xbox 360 won't let me change my region/country when adding a payment option - Similar Threads - 360 won't let

2. Xbox one won't let me play them downloaded xbox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't let me play them downloaded xbox 360 games: I'm trying to play xbox 360 games on the Xbox one I bought off my brother it works for him cause his account was signed in now he doesn't remember his password. I'm trying to download my account...
  3. no me deja comprar gold en mi xbox 360[Translation-won't let me buy gold on my xbox 360]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no me deja comprar gold en mi xbox 360[Translation-won't let me buy gold on my xbox 360]: no me deja comprar oro en mi xbox 360me aparece que vaya a esta pagina www.xbox.com/errorhelp. y tambien me aparece un codigo de estado que es: 80167680 [Translation-won't let me buy gold on my...
  4. My Xbox 360 won't let me sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox 360 won't let me sign in: I don't have access to the email I used, I need help, I spent money on games and I can't play any of them what can I do 501f28c4-c61d-436b-8c2b-c301d3fca8fa
  5. Won't let me sign into the 360 dash after my suspension ended. Need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't let me sign into the 360 dash after my suspension ended. Need help: My account got suspended for 2 days on the xbox one. It ended last night and it wont let me sign into Xbox live to play 360 games. dd123f2b-0c3f-4d33-9e3b-212d19ec4389
  6. Xbox 360 Won't let me play digitally purchased content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Won't let me play digitally purchased content: Hi, I purchased the Fable Trilogy through the console store, received a receipt, and show the game in my purchase history online. However, when i go to "My Games" and select play, then select to...
  7. mi xbox 360 no me deja abrir mi perfil (my xbox 360 won't let me open my profile)

in XBoX Accessibility
    mi xbox 360 no me deja abrir mi perfil (my xbox 360 won't let me open my profile): hola necesito ayuda mi xbox 360 no me deja abrir ni descargar me sale un mensaje cuando lo intento descargar -Lo sentimos, hay un problema con las credenciales que utilizas para iniciar sesion....
  8. Xbox One won't let me purchase Xbox 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One won't let me purchase Xbox 360 games: Whenever I attempt to buy a 360 game it just says that my account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this transaction from your Xbox....
  9. Won't let me download profile or connect to network when starting an xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't let me download profile or connect to network when starting an xbox 360 game: I just bought my xbox with Skate 3, and everytime i go to try and play it the gray screen pops up saying "getting your xbox 360 info" and the progress bar never moves past 0%. After a couple...
  10. My Xbox One X won't let me purchase or download Xbox 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One X won't let me purchase or download Xbox 360 games: Title. Interesting facts that might be used by others more knowledgeable: -I hit the confirm button, then get the message, "Sorry. Your purchase couldn't be completed at this time. Please try...