Xbox Accessories App needing fixed: x axis flipping and full button mapping freedom:

Discus and support Xbox Accessories App needing fixed: x axis flipping and full button mapping freedom: in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; There's some things the Xbox accessories app won't let you do like X axis flipping of the sticks. There's two reasons why one would want to do this .... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/tripletopper, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Xbox Accessories App needing fixed: x axis flipping and full button mapping freedom:

There's some things the Xbox accessories app won't let you do like X axis flipping of the sticks. There's two reasons why one would want to do this . One is if you want a 180 a fight stick for right-handed play and the control only maps to the analog stick. The other is if you're used to controlling third person games by telling the cameraman way to move like in Super Mario 64 where you literally guide Lakitu the camera man to show what's in the background.

Also the fact that triggers cannot be moved to non-triggers is very harmful when all the buttons are digital and there's certain arrangement problems because the fact that they assume you're playing on a pad and down on a stick. The most egregious offender is Sega Genesis collection because you cannot have an ABC XYZ arrangement physically possible with a fight stick because the bottom two outside buttons are always triggers and those buttons cannot be mapped to triggers.

I suggestion around that is have a checkbox marked All Digital mode where ignores the analogicity of the triggers and just treats it like regular buttons just like all the other regular buttons. That mode checked on could also be a flag for certain games that require analog triggers not to run unless it gets turned off.

I've been complaining about this for like 3 or 4 years. No one seems to be moving on this. Those are two very big oversights on the control mapping scheme.

submitted by /u/tripletopper
    [link] [comments]

/u/tripletopper, Jul 23, 2022
  2. cgJamie Win User

Invert X Axis in Xbox one controller settings

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll download the accessories app tonight. I do have an app already that allows my to change the Y-axis just not the X-axis.

Jamie
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Right Stick inversion

Hello Cozier,

Thanks for coming to the forums. With the
    accessories app
    on PC or Xbox console, you can configure the controller in many ways. Also, some games have an invert control option. They are usually Invert Y axis, or invert X axis.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  4. TripleTopper321 Win User

Flip x axis

But if the whole point of button remapping is to anticipate all people's choices then why doesn't it let you flip x axis, or let you put a trigger on a non-trigger and vice versa? I know it's not because they're unable. Either it's an oversight or there
    are unwilling. I'm bringing this up hoping it's an oversight.
  5. Wishcatcher Win User

Flip x axis

Hi,

I understand your frustation but only editors make the choice...

Now you can remap some button with the accessorie app or some game let you the choice in the settings too.

Regards
  6. Iautorenewedu Win User

Wireless Xbox One Controller for PC

+1

and? :) Key mapping (binding utility) for x and y axis, basic buttons and pressure sensor mapping. Do I dare to dream?....
Thema:

Xbox Accessories App needing fixed: x axis flipping and full button mapping freedom:

1. Xbox Accessories App needing fixed: x axis flipping and full button mapping freedom: - Similar Threads - Accessories App needing

2. Xbox Accessories app stuck on 0% when trying to sync data on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app stuck on 0% when trying to sync data on Windows 10: For about a month now I've tried to get my Xbox accesories app to work on my PC. To update drivers and other stuff. But when I try to go on the app it just gets stuck at 0% on syncing data. I...
  3. Xbox Accessories App Not Saving Controller Profiles on Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Accessories App Not Saving Controller Profiles on Series X: I'm currently having an issue with the Xbox Accessories app not saving controller Profiles on my Series X. Through unfortunate circumstances, I accidentally deleted my only profile for my main...
  4. Alpha Skip Ahead bug with Xbox Accessories App

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead bug with Xbox Accessories App: Version RSXBOXDEV_FLIGHT\25204.1001.220916-1900 Xbox Series X Alpha Skip Ahead I started Deathloop and went to customize my controls like I always do via the Xbox Accessories app (elite series 2...
  5. What is wrong with my Xbox accessories app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is wrong with my Xbox accessories app?: What is wrong with xbox accessories my controller is fine but the profiles are screwed I can maintain my settings in game. Disabling steam xbox support doesn't help. I've tried reinstalling. Im...
  6. Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows: Would like to have the ability to draw my own curves for the thumbsticks in the xbox accessories app, being able to drag a few control points across the diagonal axis. My use case is sim racing,...
  7. Cannot remap Share button on PC (Xbox Accessories app Version 300.2202.25001.1) but...

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot remap Share button on PC (Xbox Accessories app Version 300.2202.25001.1) but...: In an official Xbox article Microsoft states that it's possible to remap the "share button" from a PC through the Xbox Accessories app. However, this is not possible because when you enter in the...
  8. Xbox Accessories App PC needs an update for Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Accessories App PC needs an update for Xbox Elite Series 2: after I updated my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller using my friend's Xbox One console. I went home to open Xbox Accessories App on my PC so I can configure my controller. My Controller's version...
  9. The Xbox Accessories app on PC needs to be fixed

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Xbox Accessories app on PC needs to be fixed: The Xbox Accessories app on PC is a travesty. It STILL doesn't work with normal controllers, only the $150 Elite controller. You also STILL can't assign keyboard keys to the controller. It's been...
  10. Accessories App Needs an Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accessories App Needs an Update: Hi, I just got a new Elite One with the Elite Controller (this replaced a Halo Version One). I was able to update the Xbox, download COD map packs etc. etc. Online is working. I downloaded and...