Xbox Accessories App Not Saving Controller Profiles on Series X

Discus and support Xbox Accessories App Not Saving Controller Profiles on Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm currently having an issue with the Xbox Accessories app not saving controller Profiles on my Series X. Through unfortunate circumstances, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrMcSquishy, Sep 21, 2022 at 8:12 PM.

1. MrMcSquishy
    MrMcSquishy Guest

I'm currently having an issue with the Xbox Accessories app not saving controller Profiles on my Series X. Through unfortunate circumstances, I accidentally deleted my only profile for my main controller. But now when I enter the app, I click New Profile, name it, change the button combination/layout, and then have no other option but to hit "B" to back out to attempt to save it. But after I do that, the new Profile doesn't appear.

I attempted a workaround by logging on to my wife's Xbox One X and saving a Profile on there. Ironically my old Profile appeared (most likely because it didn't synchronize from my Series X) and I saved it to my controller. Then as I attempted to enter in to the Accessories app on my Series X, it was unable to sync the data. So that didn't work. Most likely it's a bug after the new update, but wanted to bring this up incase anyone was experiencing the same issue as of 9/21/22.

:)

2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Does Series X support USB headset?

3. PetryBosch Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller Button Modular

Hi,

more info according joysticks and buttons for the adaptive controller can be found here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/xbox-adaptive-controller

For programming the device you have to use the Xbox accessories app.

You can find it on your console or in the
    xbox store

in the app you can

• Assign up to 3 profiles to the controller

• Create and save up to 256 profiles in the app

• Remap all input ports

• Configure thumbstick sensitivity curves

• Change thumbstick calculation

• Configure Xbox button brightness

• Rename your controller

• Swap thumbstick X and Y axes

• Assign Shift button, and configure Shift inputs
  4. SGTxJEFFSKYLION Win User

Xbox Series X Controller Compatibility

5. Lurdiak Win User

My Xbox 360 PC controller turns off any time a game would send a vibration signal - even with vibration turned off.

I don't use any third party accessories of any kind, and the link you provided made me download an app that seems to only detect Xbox One and Xbox Series X controllers, which is not the controller I'm using.
  6. ClausReich Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

In this case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to update your controller's firmware. You can do this on your Series X or your Windows 10 PC. To do it on the Series X, connect it using the USB cable and then go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. Then, select the Firmware version square, and then press Next to start the update process.

To do it on Windows 10, just download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store. If you already have it installed, just run it. After opening the app, the procedure to update is the same one as on the Series X, press the "..." button and follow those steps.

Check if your controller works correctly after doing this.
Thema:

1. Xbox Accessories App Not Saving Controller Profiles on Series X - Similar Threads - Accessories App Saving

2. Xbox Accessories app stuck on 0% when trying to sync data on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app stuck on 0% when trying to sync data on Windows 10: For about a month now I've tried to get my Xbox accesories app to work on my PC. To update drivers and other stuff. But when I try to go on the app it just gets stuck at 0% on syncing data. I...
  3. Alpha Skip Ahead bug with Xbox Accessories App

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead bug with Xbox Accessories App: Version RSXBOXDEV_FLIGHT\25204.1001.220916-1900 Xbox Series X Alpha Skip Ahead I started Deathloop and went to customize my controls like I always do via the Xbox Accessories app (elite series 2...
  4. What is wrong with my Xbox accessories app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is wrong with my Xbox accessories app?: What is wrong with xbox accessories my controller is fine but the profiles are screwed I can maintain my settings in game. Disabling steam xbox support doesn't help. I've tried reinstalling. Im...
  5. Xbox Accessories App needing fixed: x axis flipping and full button mapping freedom:

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories App needing fixed: x axis flipping and full button mapping freedom:: There's some things the Xbox accessories app won't let you do like X axis flipping of the sticks. There's two reasons why one would want to do this . One is if you want a 180 a fight stick for...
  6. Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows: Would like to have the ability to draw my own curves for the thumbsticks in the xbox accessories app, being able to drag a few control points across the diagonal axis. My use case is sim racing,...
  7. Xbox Accessories app not actually saving data to Elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app not actually saving data to Elite controller: After my inital setup of my Elite controller, the mapping was fine. However using the app now, it refuses to save the device name when I edit it, and the mapping data resets after i reconnect the...
  8. Windows 10 Xbox Accessories App Not Saving Layouts

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Xbox Accessories App Not Saving Layouts: The Windows 10 Xbox Accessories App on my gaming PC stopped working this morning and I've tried everything but I can't get it to work. I can go into the app, make a layout for the controller, and...
  9. Xbox Accessories app not actually saving data to Elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app not actually saving data to Elite controller: After my inital setup of my Elite controller, the mapping was fine. However using the app now, it refuses to save the device name when I edit it, and the mapping data resets after i reconnect the...
  10. Cant save any configurations in win10 Xbox Accessories one elite controller app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant save any configurations in win10 Xbox Accessories one elite controller app: Selecting community configurations and adding one I get a grey bar saying Added but it does not show up in list and I can go to the same game config and add it over and over again without it being...