Xbox Accessories App PC needs an update for Xbox Elite Series 2

Discus and support Xbox Accessories App PC needs an update for Xbox Elite Series 2 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; after I updated my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller using my friend's Xbox One console. I went home to open Xbox Accessories App on my PC so I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Dwyt, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Dwyt
    Dwyt New Member

after I updated my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller using my friend's Xbox One console.
    I went home to open Xbox Accessories App on my PC so I can configure my controller.

My Controller's version now is 5.11 . . . . . . something.

as soon as I plugged my controller to my PC.
    it wont connect my controller to the Xbox Accessories App because it doesn't support controller's new firmware.

PLS FIX or find a way to configure my controller using PC.
    Xbox Accessories App PC needs an update for Xbox Elite Series 2 received_318024063182197.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Cannot configure xbox elite series 2 in Accessories app

Hi a.rogausch,

Thanks for keeping us updated with your replies. If I'm understanding what is happening correctly, when you attempt to begin customizing your Elite controller series 2 using your Windows 10 PC & the Xbox Accessories app, you receive a gray box that
    doesn't allow you to continue. Is this correct?

To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, please make sure that the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) is installed and make sure your PC has the latest fixes. This includes any updates to the apps as well.

Update Windows 10

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store << to troubleshoot the Accessories app

This support article may also help you out: Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 .

Please give the troubleshooting solutions a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out a bit more!
  3. MCMicrosoft Win User

Elite Series 2 controller not connecting to Xbox Accessories store app on Windows 10 PC!

Please, I work in Silicon Valley, I am aware of reading manuals and troubleshooting guides trust me.

What was concerning was that the user reviews mentioned from years ago that the Xbox Accessories PC app did not support the $160 Series 2 Elite controller.

However, Microsoft’s only support for SW/FW updates is through the Xbox Accessories app. Since it does not work, this gap needs to be filed and handled with an update to the Microsoft Store app “Xbox Accessories”.

I have tried cable combinations, power cycling, and reinstalling Xbox Accessories.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Are Xbox Wireless Controller user remap profiles supported when connecting to Windows 10 PC via bluetooth? Works fine when USB

Hi

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

Customizing user profiles on a Windows 10 PC is not supported via Bluetooth. Any Bluetooth capable Xbox One controllers will need to be plugged in via USB-C or through the Xbox Wireless Adapter if you want to customize and use custom profiles. The Xbox Accessories
    app will not detect your controller over Bluetooth connection.

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Things to keep in mind:

• The Xbox Accessories app is only available on Xbox One and Windows 10.
    • To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) and make sure your PC has the latest fixes.

See how to get updates
    • The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Elite Wireless
      Controller Series 2 and plug the other end into your PC. For more info, see
      How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

I hope this helps!
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cannot configure xbox elite series 2 in Accessories app

• To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) and make sure your PC has the latest fixes.

See how to get updates
    • The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 and plug the
      other end into your PC. For more info, see
      How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Elite Controller update erforderlich [Translation - Elite controller update required]

Hi Helmut,

Thanks for keeping us updated with your reply. Since you have updated your PC to the latest Windows build, if you're having trouble

updating the Elite controller using the Xbox Accessories app
    , then there may be an issue with the app itself if it isn't allowing you to update the controller. You may wish to run the App troubleshooter to see if there may be something with the app itself
    that requires a "fix". Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

In regard to configuring your Elite controller, you would need the Xbox Accessories app for that as well: Use the Xbox
    Accessories app to configure your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

If you continue to experience issues updating or configuring your Elite controller using your Windows 10 PC, then you may need to attempt to do so from a different PC or an Xbox One console.

I hope that this helps a bit more and please let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Xbox Accessories App PC needs an update for Xbox Elite Series 2 - Similar Threads - Accessories App needs

2. Error in Xbox Accessories App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error in Xbox Accessories App: I recently purchased an Elite Series 2 controller and am trying to configure it on PC. I receive this error when clicking on 'configure' [img] I have the Xbox App installed and am signed in....
  3. When Xbox Accessories App for PC gonna be fixed or updated?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When Xbox Accessories App for PC gonna be fixed or updated?: I cant configure my Xbox Elite 2 controller(firmware 5.11.3115.0 ) bcoz it said controller's new firmware not supported. [img] The advisor or microsoft employee told me/us to use the console...
  4. Xbox Accessories app not turning on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Accessories app not turning on: I got the elite controller and I want to play with its settings but when I go to the accessories app it doesn't turn on 871c64d4-5ded-44ff-aa04-0804352c6a94
  5. I cannot connect my elite series 2 xbox controller to the xbox accessories app in windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect my elite series 2 xbox controller to the xbox accessories app in windows 10: The xbox accessories app (that manages the settings for the elite series 2 controller) will not recognize the controller. I get the following message. When I plug the controller in by usbc/usb...
  6. Xbox accessories app does not work on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app does not work on Windows 10: Hello all I'm trying to configure the Xbox Accessories app, but with no luck till now. The moment I launch it, it says that I need to upgrade my Windows version to a newer one, and nothing more....
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, no firmware update button on Xbox Accessories App PC. Pls Help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, no firmware update button on Xbox Accessories App PC. Pls Help.: My Xbox Elite 2 firmware version is 4.7.1872.0 Problem on Android: LB - Takes me to Android Settings RB - Takes me to Android Search B - Takes me to the Switch App screen Problem on PC: A -...
  8. Xbox Elite series 2 controller not showing up in xbox accessories app for PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller not showing up in xbox accessories app for PC.: [img] Looked online, and many peeps seem to have this issue after updating on their xbox, however, I haven't used my xbox in quite a while, nevermind updating the series 2 controller. Please...
  9. The Xbox Accessories app on PC needs to be fixed

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Xbox Accessories app on PC needs to be fixed: The Xbox Accessories app on PC is a travesty. It STILL doesn't work with normal controllers, only the $150 Elite controller. You also STILL can't assign keyboard keys to the controller. It's been...
  10. Accessories App Needs an Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accessories App Needs an Update: Hi, I just got a new Elite One with the Elite Controller (this replaced a Halo Version One). I was able to update the Xbox, download COD map packs etc. etc. Online is working. I downloaded and...