Xbox account change email

Discus and support Xbox account change email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi. My sons xbox is linked to my microsoft account and i want to change the details as he can access my emails etc. I dont want to set up a new account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by roblawler1, Jan 21, 2020.

1. roblawler1
    roblawler1 Guest

Hi. My sons xbox is linked to my microsoft account and i want to change the details as he can access my emails etc. I dont want to set up a new account nor him as wed both loose all our details. Any help please

:)

roblawler1, Jan 21, 2020
  2. WPAK Win User

Merge two accounts?

Hi there,

you can't merge accounts itself or fully move the Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft Account, but something that could work for you is changing the primary email address for the Microsoft Account.

My assumption what steps might be required are:

- Change the primary email on the New Unused Xbox Account account to something else (you might need a new MS account/email for that) so that the Wanted email address is no longer attached to a Microsoft Account.

- Change the primary email on the Old Xbox account to the new wanted email address, so that that Wanted email address can be used to sign in to the Xbox main account.

See this link for the full information on how to change the primary email address on a Microsoft Account

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Let us know the results
  3. {Parity} Win User

Deleting Xbox account + Changing Xbox account's email address

Just change the email address on xbox account 2 to some free email address and once that is done change the email address on Account 1 to the address that was on account 2.
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Can you delete an xbox live account?

To change the email associated with an xbox account: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account
  5. Internet Expert Win User

How do I change email address on my xbox

6. WPAK Win User

Transferring sons Xbox gamertag from my Hotmail account to my Xbox .gmail account.

Hi there,

the only thing you can change is the email address used to sign into a Microsoft Account (Xbox Live Account), this will only change the email address used to sign into the account. (It doesn't transfer the full Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft
    Account)

The steps to change the email address can be found here:
    https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Changing gamertags, will only result in a different gamertag, it does not change the account or take any save game progress with it.

Is the change sign-ing email address option what you seek or do you want to achieve something else?
Thema:

1. Xbox account change email - Similar Threads - account change email

2. changing email account andname

in XBoX Games and Apps
    changing email account andname: We purchased an XBOX ONE for my son at Christmas but unfortunately, he started using it with my email. He has built up Fortnite levels and made some on-line purchases. I need to change the email...
  3. Changed primary email of Microsoft Account, XBOX Game Pass PC doesn't work anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed primary email of Microsoft Account, XBOX Game Pass PC doesn't work anymore: I switched from a gmail.com account to an outlook.com for my primary address in the Microsoft account and now login to XBOX game pass seems bugged. I can't login in any way, I already tried to...
  4. I NEED TO SWAP OR CHANGE MY ACCOUNT EMAIL BECAUSE OF FRAUD

in XBoX on Consoles
    I NEED TO SWAP OR CHANGE MY ACCOUNT EMAIL BECAUSE OF FRAUD: I need information on how to change my email account for Microsoft concerning my Xbox game system I already completed that process all of the internet however is not responding on my game system...
  5. My xbox live account has been hacked and the hacker has changed my email, what can I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox live account has been hacked and the hacker has changed my email, what can I do?: Recently my Xbox live account Escobar IX8781 has been lost and hacked. Stupidly I gave my login to someone and they changed and deleted my recovery emails and deleted my outlook email so now I...
  6. My sons xbox account got hacked and email has been changed. How does he get his account back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sons xbox account got hacked and email has been changed. How does he get his account back?: My 14 year old son xbox account got hacked and the hacker changed the email address and I am having trouble getting it back . Changing the password isnt helping. I contacted my bank and got a new...
  7. Changing my child's email account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing my child's email account: I see that my kids email account is with an old service provider. This is causing problems as he cannot receive information. With no access to this account, how to we update the email address?...
  8. Changing Account Email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Account Email: I am trying to get my Xbox account off of my sister's email and onto my own. However, the only way that I have found that I could do that is if I delete my sister's email address, and I do not...
  9. Can I change the email for my Xbox account to this one without merging any info with my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change the email for my Xbox account to this one without merging any info with my...: My Xbox account was set up with my dad's email a few years ago and he is getting annoyed with all the emails. He has other things set up with his email and all of the methods I see seem to change...
  10. After changing primary email on Microsoft account can no longer access games like Fortnite...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After changing primary email on Microsoft account can no longer access games like Fortnite...: I wanted to change my primary email on my Microsoft account, now I cannot access some games titles. Fortnite wont go pass the launch screen and gives me an error. Meanwhile Minecraft will does not...