Xbox Account Dilemma

Discus and support Xbox Account Dilemma in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So - - - - My son started gaming at 4 to 5-ish under my Xbox account and login. He has perpetually gamed under this ever since and wants his... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Don St. Mary, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Don St. Mary
    Don St. Mary Guest

Xbox Account Dilemma

So - - - -

My son started gaming at 4 to 5-ish under my Xbox account and login. He has perpetually gamed under this ever since and wants his information under him now.

How would one retain their original login and info, yet set-up a new email for him and transfer only the Xbox portion over to him and then slot this account under the Family Plan?

I have yet to see a way to accomplish this...

Ideas?

:)

Don St. Mary, Jul 26, 2019
  2. HollywoodBull Win User

Xbox Account Dilemma

Best is to create a child account for your son to use

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/security/add-family-member-on-xbox-one
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox Account Dilemma

4. ThorX360 Win User

Xbox Account Dilemma

So - - - -

My son started gaming at 4 to 5-ish under my Xbox account and login. He has perpetually gamed under this ever since and wants his information under him now.

How would one retain their original login and info, yet set-up a new email for him and transfer only the Xbox portion over to him and then slot this account under the Family Plan?

I have yet to see a way to accomplish this...

Ideas?
    Hi,

if you want to keep all saves and objectives, you should transfer to him the full account with a new e-mail as explained here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12407/microsoft-account-change-email-phone-number

After that, you have to create a new profile for you and set the original one as a Child Account:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/security/add-family-member-on-xbox-one
  5. FoomBerry Win User

age restricted game

6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Multiple Account Dilemma

Hello stealthlegend6!

What are the suffixes of your 2 emails (A1 and A2)?

examples:

xxxxxxxxxx@outlook.com

xxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com

xxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

xxxxxxxxxx@aol.com

You don't have to tell us your complete email addresses.. just the suffixes that they end with.

The email address cannot be changed on the Microsoft account. Other details can be edited by you, which takes
    30 days to reflect. Each Microsoft account is configured with a
    unique
    e mail id and you cannot update or merge one Microsoft account to another Microsoft account.
    You have an option to add an alias to your existing account. For more details about adding an alias, refer the link below.

Further you may set an alias to primary alias. Refer “Set an address to be

your default send- from address”
    topic in the link below for steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-alias-account

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forums support
Thema:

Xbox Account Dilemma

1. Xbox Account Dilemma - Similar Threads - Account Dilemma

2. Qualify for an EDU account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Qualify for an EDU account: Good afternoon, I have a question about verifying our email account to place an order for Minecraft EDU. We had an email that worked with a @ymca-cnw.org handle, but unfortunately this specific...
  3. Rainbow Six Siege lost my account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rainbow Six Siege lost my account?: Hello I purchased the Rainbow Six Siege that was on GOLD last month He even installed it on my console, but he didn't run it saying he didn't own it. I figured it was a bug so I removed it to...
  4. I want to put my gamertag onto a new microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to put my gamertag onto a new microsoft account: I have an xbox account tied to a Microsoft account. Is there a way to change the account this is tied to? Note: i do not want to change the email on the microsoft account using aliasis, i want to...
  5. Cant add new account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant add new account.: When I click 'add new' its has a brief loading screen followed by another on and the just stops. I have tried resetting it By holding the power button and also in the settings. Anyone know what...
  6. Changing MS account linked to a gamer tag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing MS account linked to a gamer tag: Hi, My son has been playing XBox games since he was 4 years old. He's progressed through all the XBox versions. His gamer tag and account was originally created under my email (which is also my...
  7. My xbox live gold subscription doesn't work on my family's account

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox live gold subscription doesn't work on my family's account: Hi, We have ONE console which has an account for my wife, me and my 12 year old son. Last year we downloaded lots of games onto my wife's account and also installed xbox live gold through her...
  8. my share won't work unless I sign into he's account

in XBoX on Consoles
    my share won't work unless I sign into he's account: Every time I want to play a game from his library I have to sign into his account something that does not allow an option for him. how can I solve this problem? 0c60ce44-c557-41c8-8498-992ac1e57645
  9. Problem with switching accounts in the insider app

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with switching accounts in the insider app: Anyone know how to change what account your using for the Xbox Insider app im trying to setup Minecraft RTX and I accidentally used the wrong account for the app and I can't sign out. When I try...
  10. Multiple Account Dilemma

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multiple Account Dilemma: I got my first Xbox when I was little so my parents made the account for me (A1). I now have my own account which I use for everything (A2) from Office to other billing and subscriptions. The only...