XBox account reset itself

Discus and support XBox account reset itself in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My XBox account was locked and reset all settings this morning, including creating a new random gamertag for my son's account. It said there was a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by VIRGINIA_1234, Jun 1, 2020.

1. XBox account reset itself

My XBox account was locked and reset all settings this morning, including creating a new random gamertag for my son's account. It said there was a "problem with the account," and when I logged in to the account, all the settings and gamertag had been changed.
    (He plays Minecraft PE on an iPad.)

He has lost all friends connections in Minecraft and when I tried to change the gamertag back to the original one, it added #299 to it and is now showing the original plus that number. When I tried again to use just the first version, it says I "already
    own it," but it is not displaying like that in the system. The privacy is now locked down where he can't add friends and the system won't let me change that setting to make it allowable. It's like my whole account was hijacked and now I can't reset anything.
    HELP!

:)

VIRGINIA_1234, Jun 1, 2020
  2. alexroboticyt Win User

Hi there,

If it was locked, I would recommend reaching out to MCS Support. This can be signs of the account being compromised.

Thanks!
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Are you sure you were signing in with the same email address that was used with the original gamertag?

It sounds like you had entered in a completely different email address that was not attached to an xbox profile and it created a new xbox profile for that email address and when you went to change the gamertag for that profile to the one that was attached
    to the other account it added those numbers after it because it was already taken by that other account.

Like the others have said you can contact xbox support at support.xbox.com/contact-us and give them the gamertag and if they can verify ownership of the account they can give you the email address associated with that gamertag.
  4. alexroboticyt Win User

Hey, please do not pick up questions that you don't know how to solve. Try to help and then direct to MCS Support.

Thanks!
  5. Fix My Rank Win User

6. オルソン フィ Win User

Can't complete install of The Outer Worlds game

Try reset settings in xbox itself. Will delete your account but not games.
    I did reset it via apps and features dont know if there is a reset in the app itself havent found one.
Thema:

1. XBox account reset itself - Similar Threads - account reset itself

2. Réinitialisation de compte Minecraft ps4[Translation-Minecraft ps4 account reset]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Réinitialisation de compte Minecraft ps4[Translation-Minecraft ps4 account reset]: Bonjour, Tout d'abord excusez moi de vous dérangez mais je voudrai que vous m'apportez de l'aide, Dans mon jeu j'ai deja connecter un compte Microsoft dont je ne connais plus les mots de passe et...
  3. console reset won't let me Add new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    console reset won't let me Add new account: i have been having loads of problms on my older xobxone. I can't sign -in to xbox live, signs me out of my load in account for no reason, says I have connection problems but says I'm connected to...
  4. Password Reset Not working- Cannot access account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Password Reset Not working- Cannot access account.: Hello i have gone through all the stages of trying to reset my password and nothing is working now. without going to to too much depth right now, i have the two step verification set up on my...
  5. Is it possible to reset your XBOX account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to reset your XBOX account?: Hello guys, I just wanna know if its possible, how to reset your xbox profile account and progress without deleting your entire Microsoft account like, I want to do a reset and start a fresh new...
  6. USED ALL MY ACCOUNT HOME RESETS AFTER GAME SHARE STOPPED WORKING TRYING TO GET IT WORKING...

in XBoX on Consoles
    USED ALL MY ACCOUNT HOME RESETS AFTER GAME SHARE STOPPED WORKING TRYING TO GET IT WORKING...: Right long story short i own several console as i have a big family, me and my wife and our 3 oldest kids all play xbox, obviously using game share to spread content around the house, around the...
  7. I can't add accounts on my Xbox One after resetting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't add accounts on my Xbox One after resetting it: I couldn't sign into one of my accounts so I reset my Xbox One while keeping my games, but after resetting it, power cycling it and restarting it, I couldn't add accounts. It would just show a...
  8. Problem Adding a new account even after reset

in XboX Insiders
    Problem Adding a new account even after reset: Hi all, I'm seeking some help. I'm running the insiders version, before today's update, and I was trying to add a new account. After several tries, I decided to reset my console and for my...
  9. My Xbox won’t let me make a new account even after resetting and removing everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t let me make a new account even after resetting and removing everything: First of all my account didnt open on the first 5 attempts trying to open it, so i thought of deleting the acccout and add it again, didnt work because the add new button kept snapping itself out...
  10. Xbox Live Rewards Account reset itself

in XBoX Rewards
    Xbox Live Rewards Account reset itself: so i rarely log into the live rewards site and i never really think about it. the only thing i do is purchase games and play them and every so often $15 or more show up on my account from rewards...