Xbox adaptive controller - control PC outside games

Discus and support Xbox adaptive controller - control PC outside games in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, Is it possible to configure the Xbox adaptive controller to perform commands like ctrl + C, Ctrl+shift+alt+D and maybe even entire sequences of... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Drylegs, May 25, 2019.

1. Drylegs
    Drylegs Guest

Hi,

Is it possible to configure the Xbox adaptive controller to perform commands like ctrl + C,

Ctrl+shift+alt+D and maybe even entire sequences of commands (Macros) to be able to control the Windows operating system and other software and not only video games?

I suffer from repetitive stress injury and are looking into replacing as many commands in my workday as possible with pedals I can control with my feet instead of being dependent on a keyboard. It will mainly be used for Photoshop and various 3D Softwares.

Thanks in advance

:)

Drylegs, May 25, 2019
  2. Drylegs Win User

Thank you for your reply!

For anybody else finding this Forum thread looking for this solution and with the same problem - I found a product called Soft step KeyworkX. a music pedal capable of this kind of Configurations. it's however rather expensive and don't seem to have ability
    to add more pedals the same way Xbox adaptive controller does.

I've provided my request to the Microsoft idea's section. Please vote for it here https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/for...99-xbox-adaptive-controller-basic-pc-controls
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

No, it's not possible at the moment, but not a bad idea. You should post it on the ideas site here xboxideas.uservoice.com
  4. Zero Jehuty Win User

Xbox One Controller - PC

If you have the adapter you can easily play on PC. Most games do include controller support as well.

However you would have to check if each game has controller support *Most do now a days outside of tiny indie games*
  5. )(())( Win User

What wireless adapter is needed to connect xbox elite controller to windows 10?

i know this is his question but he said elite controller to a adapter not a regular xbox one controller on the link it says how to connect adapter from pc to xbox one controller he needs a elite controller adapter because all he is finding is regular xbox
    one adapters to pc which he stated do not work for his elite controller
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Using XBOX adaptive controller for PC

Hey there Roy,

Yes the Xbox Adaptive Controller is compatible with Windows 10 computers and also with Windows 8.1 & Windows 7 Pc's but will have limited functionality. Click on the following link for different ways to

Connect the Xbox Adaptive Controller to a PC

Once you have connected the controller then you can go ahead and
    Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller
    in the Xbox Accessories app and remap the buttons on the controller. The two circular pads on the controller are simply buttons, they do not have any tech that will allow you to use swiping features to type or to be
    used as the cursor for the PC.

When Gaming on a PC using the Adaptive controller you should still see the on-screen keyboard to type messages, You would then use the d-pad or joysticks to type just as you would with a standard Xbox One Controller.

The adaptive controller should respond to a toe's touch as the buttons on it are pretty sensitive. In order to get more functionality you can attach different devices using the 3.5mm ports on the back of the controller so that you can then Map these to specific
    functions. You can take a look at the following support article for more information on

Connecting external devices to the Xbox Adaptive Controller

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox adaptive controller - control PC outside games - Similar Threads - adaptive controller control

2. xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?: Hello, Is the xbox one controller adapter compatible with xbox 360 controllers? I speak about this adapter : https://www.xbox.com/fr-FR/xbox-one/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows...
  3. Adaptive controller- missing the biggest market share

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive controller- missing the biggest market share: I thought this would be a new piece of tech, where the pads would be touch sensitive trackpads where u can put a toe, for example, on and use it to move the direction you want. I had a TBI (...
  4. Xbox adaptive Controller and Triggers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox adaptive Controller and Triggers?: What is everybody using on the adaptive controller that approximates the variability of triggers? Foot Pedals? Really need something. A button does not cut it with the trigger, especially if you...
  5. Xbox Adaptive Controller set up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller set up: I set my adaptive controller up when I got it a few days ago but something occurred & now it is all messed up. I’d like to set it up so that the right pad controls the left thumb stick and when I...
  6. Are there second hand Xbox Adaptive Controllers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Are there second hand Xbox Adaptive Controllers?: $99.99 isn't affordable for me. 39033e50-0a4c-462f-b1ce-19146f7283d3
  7. Xbox Controller AND Wireless Adapter Not Dowloading PnP Drivers

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Controller AND Wireless Adapter Not Dowloading PnP Drivers: I know this issue has been brought up many times but none of the solutions have helped me so far. The issue started after a fresh Windows install. My system sees the XBOX ONE CONTROLLER simply...
  8. Xbox adaptive controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox adaptive controller: Can the Xbox Adaptive controller be paired with a controller, so that all buttons function as normal but the left thumb stick function gets replaced (reassigned) to the left track pad but all...
  9. HELP: Issues connecting Xbox one controller to Xbox wireless adapter for windows

in XBoX on Windows
    HELP: Issues connecting Xbox one controller to Xbox wireless adapter for windows: My controller and adapter have been humming along nicely for months until a few days ago. Now the controller works fine when connected by USB and the adapter is installed and blinks when I press...
  10. Using XBOX adaptive controller for PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Using XBOX adaptive controller for PC: Hello, Im a university student doing research for a project involving a client that has Cerebral Palsy. The project is to improve his ability to type on a computer. I remembered XBOX has created...