Xbox adaptive controller help needed - I am paralyzed on the left side of my body and I...

Discus and support Xbox adaptive controller help needed - I am paralyzed on the left side of my body and I... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I purchased an Xbox adaptive controller in December 2018. I did not realize that you need to order accessories to use it. I need help to determine what... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by marshmallow588, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Xbox adaptive controller help needed - I am paralyzed on the left side of my body and I...

I purchased an Xbox adaptive controller in December 2018. I did not realize that you need to order accessories to use it. I need help to determine what accessories I actually need so that I can play Xbox one S with my son. I am paralyzed on the left
    side of my body so I only have use of my right hand and right foot.

Please help me determine what accessories I actually need.

:)

marshmallow588, Feb 19, 2019
  2. marshmallow588 Win User

Xbox adaptive controller help needed - I am paralyzed on the left side of my body and I do not know what accessories to order

My 11-year-old son told me that I need these items. I just want to make sure that this is exactly what I need, so that I don’t waste money buying stuff that I don’t need.

I have looked at the accessories shown on the Microsoft website.

My 11-year-old son told me to buy these items.

1 Extreme 3D Pro Joystick $40
    1 FS-2 Black Steel Stealthswitch Slave Switch Foot Pedal $24
    1 PDP Power Supply for Xbox Adaptive Controller $20

1 PDP One handed Joystick for Xbox Adaptive Controller $20

I just want to make sure that this is exactly what I need, so that I’m not buying something that I don’t need and wasting money.
  3. marshmallow588 Win User

Xbox adaptive controller help needed - I am paralyzed on the left side of my body and I do not know what accessories to order

I have looked at the accessories shown on the Microsoft website.

My 11-year-old son told me to buy these items.

1 Extreme 3D Pro Joystick $40
    1 FS-2 Black Steel Stealthswitch Slave Switch Foot Pedal $24
    1 PDP Power Supply for Xbox Adaptive Controller $20

1 PDP One handed Joystick for Xbox Adaptive Controller $20

I just want to make sure that this is exactly what I need, so that I’m not buying something that I don’t need and wasting money.
  4. Half Fish Half Win User

If you’ll permit me some time I can ask around with some people I know to get their input.

I know of one gamer in particular who plays all his games one-handed so he might have some suggestions.
  5. Half Fish Half Win User

If the items you are ordering both meet the input requirements and serve to compliment your physical needs I think you should be all set!

And if for some reason some things don’t work out you can always return them.
  6. Half Fish Half Win User

That’s part of the excellence of the Xbox Adaptive Controller. It was designed to utilize a variety of industry standard and pre-existing accessiblity inputs. It’s kind of a “plug in what works for you” device.

Check out that link provided above but if you already have input devices (I believe the Adaptive Controller primarily uses 3.5mm digital inputs) try seeing if any of those work for you. You might be surprised to see how many compatible devices you already
    have!

Happy gaming! <3
Thema:

Xbox adaptive controller help needed - I am paralyzed on the left side of my body and I...

1. Xbox adaptive controller help needed - I am paralyzed on the left side of my body and I... - Similar Threads - adaptive controller help

2. Looking for feedback on my issue with the loose slot for mic adapter in controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Looking for feedback on my issue with the loose slot for mic adapter in controller: My Xbox One Stereo microphone adapter jammed into the slot made for it at the bottom of my wireless controller for my Xbox, and now the slot for it or the plug in is loose in my controller, is...
  3. Xbox One S - 1st gen controller - Headset/adapter not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - 1st gen controller - Headset/adapter not working: Hello, I recently received a second hand adaptor so that I can plug in my headphones/headset into my controller and listen to audio/communicate this way. However, when I try to use it the xbox...
  4. Wireless Controller Adapter does not work

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Controller Adapter does not work: I have bought a Xbox One Conroller with Windows 10 adapter a month ago. It always conneected to the PC, but last time when i put it in the pc that little white light did not light up and I can...
  5. can the xbox adaptive controller be used to interact with a pc instead of a mouse, for...

in XBoX Accessibility
    can the xbox adaptive controller be used to interact with a pc instead of a mouse, for...: I would like to know if I can use the xbox adaptive controller to interact with a pc for purposes other than games. Is this something it can do out of the box without buying any separate...
  6. How to reconnect Xbox controller to PC after using it elsewhere? (Xbox Wireless Adapter)

in XBoX on Windows
    How to reconnect Xbox controller to PC after using it elsewhere? (Xbox Wireless Adapter): I'm using an Xbox Wireless Adapter (newest version) to use my Xbox One S controller on my PC, which works fine. However, when I pair my controller with my Android phone to play some games, and...
  7. HELP: Issues connecting Xbox one controller to Xbox wireless adapter for windows

in XBoX on Windows
    HELP: Issues connecting Xbox one controller to Xbox wireless adapter for windows: My controller and adapter have been humming along nicely for months until a few days ago. Now the controller works fine when connected by USB and the adapter is installed and blinks when I press...
  8. Need help with peripherals and mapping for Adaptive Controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with peripherals and mapping for Adaptive Controller: For years, I have struggled with thumb issues in both hands that makes using analog sticks possible, but painful. With the advent of the Adaptive Controller, I'm hoping I may have found a...
  9. Can't connect guitar control to pc w/ adapter, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect guitar control to pc w/ adapter, help?: I've been trying to connect my Xbox one rock band guitar controller to my pic for GH3+ but the game won't recognize the input with the wireless adapter. Anyone else encounter a similar problem?...
  10. Does the wireless adapter help the controller disconnect problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the wireless adapter help the controller disconnect problem?: Basically I have the issue where my controller disconnects constantly so as a result I have to have to have my controllers wired for me to be able to play. Does anyone know if the wireless adapter...