Xbox adaptive controller re-binding joysticks

Discus and support Xbox adaptive controller re-binding joysticks in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am using the Xbox adaptive controller and was wondering if there is a way to make the USB joysticks not just joysticks but buttons. My idea... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Carmidian, May 18, 2019.

1. Carmidian
    Carmidian Guest

Hi guys,

I am using the Xbox adaptive controller and was wondering if there is a way to make the USB joysticks not just joysticks but buttons. My idea would be that one of the joysticks would make the direction of the joysticks actually the buttons.

Is this possible? Or is this able to be done in the future update?

If this is not possible does anyone know a third party program that I could use.

Thank you in advance.

Haydn

:)

Carmidian, May 18, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Just so I understand you correctly:

What you are trying to do is to have the controller send a button press when you move the Joystick?

As for example, when you push up on the joystick you press A, when you press down on the joystick the controller sends button B, and left and right will be LB RB for example?

If so, then I'm afraid this is not possible.

You can however try to build a similar setup, so that an arcade stick gets wired to 3.5mm jacks that you plug into the A, B, X, Y, LB, RB inputs on the adaptive controller.

For more information on how to connect inputs to the Adaptive Controller,
    see this website which links to an in-depth specification document that explains how to connect various hardware to the Xbox Adaptive Controller
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Carmidian,

Thanks for letting us know you were given the answer you were looking for. I will go ahead and lock this thread as there nothing more we are able to do. Please feel free to come back to the forums if you have any further questions or issues.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Carmidian Win User

Thank you very much for your reply. That is exactly what I'm trying to say. That is a pity. Oh well I have to go back to the drawing board. I will probably try and look for third-party program
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

6. Carmidian Win User

Thank you for that, unfortunately none of that will help me at the moment. What I'm having a problem with is in the app when you go to change the key bindings for the joystick there is not much to choose
    from. Other than switch sides from left to right or invert.

What I'm looking for is a way to make directions buttons. Not just a joystick
Thema:

1. Xbox adaptive controller re-binding joysticks - Similar Threads - adaptive controller binding

2. Adaptive controller- missing the biggest market share

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive controller- missing the biggest market share: I thought this would be a new piece of tech, where the pads would be touch sensitive trackpads where u can put a toe, for example, on and use it to move the direction you want. I had a TBI (...
  3. Xbox adaptive Controller and Triggers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox adaptive Controller and Triggers?: What is everybody using on the adaptive controller that approximates the variability of triggers? Foot Pedals? Really need something. A button does not cut it with the trigger, especially if you...
  4. Xbox Adaptive Controller set up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller set up: I set my adaptive controller up when I got it a few days ago but something occurred & now it is all messed up. I’d like to set it up so that the right pad controls the left thumb stick and when I...
  5. Are there second hand Xbox Adaptive Controllers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Are there second hand Xbox Adaptive Controllers?: $99.99 isn't affordable for me. 39033e50-0a4c-462f-b1ce-19146f7283d3
  6. Xbox Controller AND Wireless Adapter Not Dowloading PnP Drivers

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Controller AND Wireless Adapter Not Dowloading PnP Drivers: I know this issue has been brought up many times but none of the solutions have helped me so far. The issue started after a fresh Windows install. My system sees the XBOX ONE CONTROLLER simply...
  7. Xbox adaptive controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox adaptive controller: Can the Xbox Adaptive controller be paired with a controller, so that all buttons function as normal but the left thumb stick function gets replaced (reassigned) to the left track pad but all...
  8. HELP: Issues connecting Xbox one controller to Xbox wireless adapter for windows

in XBoX on Windows
    HELP: Issues connecting Xbox one controller to Xbox wireless adapter for windows: My controller and adapter have been humming along nicely for months until a few days ago. Now the controller works fine when connected by USB and the adapter is installed and blinks when I press...
  9. Using XBOX adaptive controller for PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Using XBOX adaptive controller for PC: Hello, Im a university student doing research for a project involving a client that has Cerebral Palsy. The project is to improve his ability to type on a computer. I remembered XBOX has created...
  10. STEREO HEADSET ADAPTER DOESNT WORK ON MY CONTROLLER

in XBoX on Consoles
    STEREO HEADSET ADAPTER DOESNT WORK ON MY CONTROLLER: I bought this brand new Turtle beach earforce stereo adapter for xbox one (I have a day one controller) . When i plug it in all it does is give a continous ear piercing sound. When i press any...