Xbox adaptive controller re-binding joysticks

Discus and support Xbox adaptive controller re-binding joysticks in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am using the Xbox adaptive controller and was wondering if there is a way to make the USB joysticks not just joysticks but buttons. My idea... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Carmidian, May 18, 2019.

1. Carmidian
    Carmidian Guest

Hi guys,

I am using the Xbox adaptive controller and was wondering if there is a way to make the USB joysticks not just joysticks but buttons. My idea would be that one of the joysticks would make the direction of the joysticks actually the buttons.

Is this possible? Or is this able to be done in the future update?

If this is not possible does anyone know a third party program that I could use.

Thank you in advance.

Haydn

:)

Carmidian, May 18, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Just so I understand you correctly:

What you are trying to do is to have the controller send a button press when you move the Joystick?

As for example, when you push up on the joystick you press A, when you press down on the joystick the controller sends button B, and left and right will be LB RB for example?

If so, then I'm afraid this is not possible.

You can however try to build a similar setup, so that an arcade stick gets wired to 3.5mm jacks that you plug into the A, B, X, Y, LB, RB inputs on the adaptive controller.

For more information on how to connect inputs to the Adaptive Controller,
    see this website which links to an in-depth specification document that explains how to connect various hardware to the Xbox Adaptive Controller
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Carmidian,

Thanks for letting us know you were given the answer you were looking for. I will go ahead and lock this thread as there nothing more we are able to do. Please feel free to come back to the forums if you have any further questions or issues.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Carmidian Win User

Thank you very much for your reply. That is exactly what I'm trying to say. That is a pity. Oh well I have to go back to the drawing board. I will probably try and look for third-party program
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

6. Carmidian Win User

Thank you for that, unfortunately none of that will help me at the moment. What I'm having a problem with is in the app when you go to change the key bindings for the joystick there is not much to choose
    from. Other than switch sides from left to right or invert.

What I'm looking for is a way to make directions buttons. Not just a joystick
Thema:

1. Xbox adaptive controller re-binding joysticks - Similar Threads - adaptive controller binding

2. Windows 10 + XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter / Controller don't work anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 + XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter / Controller don't work anymore: I connected two different XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter on three different Windows 10 PCs. All with the latest Version of WIndows 10 and never had connected with the Wireless Adapter before: nothing...
  3. Xbox One Controller Not Connecting To Wireless Adapter For PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller Not Connecting To Wireless Adapter For PC: Hey Everyone, I'm having a frustrating issue with my xbox one wireless adapter and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. When I turned on my pc yesterday I saw that my xbox one...
  4. Xbox one controller adapter for computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller adapter for computer: Hello, first of all I want to apologize but this is translated by Google translation. I bought an adapter and an xbox one controller a while ago for my computer. It worked very well since already...
  5. Xbox adaptive controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox adaptive controller: Hi, I'm trying to install the xbox adaptive controller on my windows pc/laptop. I have connected those 2 with bluetooth but it doesn't seem to be working. Is the connecting between the xbox...
  6. Adaptive controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adaptive controller: I have bought the adaptive controller. But i want to connect a gamepad with double thumbsticks to it. That works but only 1 thumbstick. My daughter cant you use the left trigger because of her...
  7. Xbox Adaptive Controller for Non Disabled Gamers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller for Non Disabled Gamers: The Xbox Adaptive Controller was made for movement impaired individuals. My question is has anyone that isn't disabled used one to make a custom control setup AKA further expand customization?...
  8. Does the Xbox Adaptive Controller feature outputs for feedback?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does the Xbox Adaptive Controller feature outputs for feedback?: I'm looking to use the Xbox Adaptive Controller as a way to output feedback that is usually made for controller vibrations to trigger a light source. I have looked at the documentation and I don't...
  9. Xbox One Controller and Wireless Adapter not working on Windows Server 2019

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox One Controller and Wireless Adapter not working on Windows Server 2019: Xbox One Controller and Wireless Adapter not working on Windows Server 2019 Maybe the USB used for connection is an older model or that the USB is faulty ae29146f-6eb7-4c17-bbf2-729ecb3fdfee
  10. Adaptive controller/joystick not registering clicks

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive controller/joystick not registering clicks: I have the adaptive joystick plugged into the left usb port to control the left thumb stick via copilot. The issue is that when I click the adaptive thumb stick, the thumb stick click does not...