Xbox Adaptive Controller set up

Discus and support Xbox Adaptive Controller set up in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I set my adaptive controller up when I got it a few days ago but something occurred & now it is all messed up. I’d like to set it up so that the right... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WARRIOR I M, Jul 4, 2019.

1. WARRIOR I M
    WARRIOR I M Guest

I set my adaptive controller up when I got it a few days ago but something occurred & now it is all messed up. I’d like to set it up so that the right pad controls the left thumb stick and when I click. I set it up and it was working great. I must not
    have saved it to a profile, thought it would just save it to itself. When I go in and set the left pad to be left thumbstick and to click left pad, instead of holding it. I then try to exit but it tells me the A button must be assigned. I don’t want the
    A button assigned. I want my controllers A button to work. I have assigned it, just to get out, assuming that since copilot is engaged that both would work but it does not work- the trackpad is A and my controller’s A button doesn’t work. Can some nice
    gamer out there help me to figure out how to do the things set out. Also, what is the best speed to use on the trackpad for FPS avatar movement? I don’t want to be slow but also don’t want to move the touchpad up a millimeter and be sprinting a mile. Thanks
    again everyone.

:)

WARRIOR I M, Jul 4, 2019
  2. WARRIOR I M Win User

I received a replacement adaptive controller. Can someone help me because I, nor MS store help can help me figure out how to have the right trackpad act as the left thumb stick. Iv’ve reset my console because I can’t get it mapped successfully, where
    tye regular controller performs every task except the left thumb stick & the adaptive controller connects & click pad clicks thumb stick. This is all I need but Idk what’s going on because my controls get messed and when I click the trackpad, it jumps like
    the A button. Also, for 99.9% of the time I play FPS games. I’m guessing aggressive or straight are best for the speed curve for the stick but wanted input to which was better/advantages: straight or aggressive.
  3. WARRIOR I M Win User

It won’t allow me to save and exit because it wants me to assign the A button to an input/button on the controller.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Warrior,

Thanks for the update on the issue with mapping the Adaptive controller. As mentioned by the Ambassador, the A button will need to mapped.
    The controller by design will need the A and B button to navigate on the Xbox Operating system. I recommend checking out the accessories : Xbox
    Adaptive Controller accessories

Hope this helps.
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey WARRIOR

Couldn't help notice this is a similar thread as the one we have already
    replied to you
    on.

Due to this , we will now be locking this thread. Go ahead and respond to your other post so as to more properly cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day!
  6. WARRIOR I M Win User

Ok, so I finally have everything set up, except one thing- I have the thumb stick joystick adapter plugged into the left usb port of the pad. The controller functions as it should, except when I click the adaptive thumb stick, it does not function to
    click the left thumb stick, which it controls. Is there a way to do this, or must I find another way to click the left thumb stick?
Thema:

1. Xbox Adaptive Controller set up - Similar Threads - Adaptive Controller set

2. De toekomst van de Adaptive Controller in Europa and demo device[Translation-The future of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    De toekomst van de Adaptive Controller in Europa and demo device[Translation-The future of...: De Adaptive Controller is niet meer te koop via de webshop. Na een kleine lijdensweg via de chat, weet ik nu vrijwel zeker dat de voorraad in Europa op is en het geen foutje is op de webshop. Weet...
  3. Adaptive controller-left stick settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive controller-left stick settings: Hi, I'm a new game player, and am trying to get an understanding of what the left stick settings on the xbox adaptive controller mean/do? Any guidance is appreciated. For example, is it possible...
  4. Xbox Adaptive Controller - joystick

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller - joystick: Hi, We just bought the Xbox adaptive Controller for my friend. However, he has very limited strength and the joystick on a regular controller and on the one hand adapted controller is too hard...
  5. Xbox One switches off when an adapter is plugged into the controller with a headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One switches off when an adapter is plugged into the controller with a headset: So this doesnt always happen but whenever i have a adapter plugged into the controller along with a headset my Xbox One just switches itself off. No warning, no error, it just switches off, and...
  6. Can Series 2 Controller bind to XBOX Adapter for Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can Series 2 Controller bind to XBOX Adapter for Windows 10?: Hi, It appears that the new Elite Series 2 Controller doesn't bind to the XBOX Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. The original Elite controller and standard XBOX wireless controller worked fine...
  7. Best Xbox for “Xbox Adaptive Controller” ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Best Xbox for “Xbox Adaptive Controller” ?: I’m the dad of two disabled boys. One has trouble with fine motor skills? Recently we had the opportunity to try the Xbox Adaptive Controller with some success. Just wondering which game system...
  8. Xbox Adaptive Controller named one of Times best gadgets of the 2010s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller named one of Times best gadgets of the 2010s: Time just put out an article listing the best gadgets of the 2010s, and the Xbox Adaptive Controller made the list. This is a phenomenal achievement, and the teams behind the controller should be...
  9. Wireless XBOX 360 controller doesn't want to connect to the PC adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless XBOX 360 controller doesn't want to connect to the PC adapter: My wireless controller infinitely looks for an adapter, but never connects. The only solutions I've found online, were to install drivers to the unknon device, but that hasn't worked....
  10. Controller Xbox One and Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller Xbox One and Wireless Adapter: Hellow!! The new gamepad doesn't connect to my PC via a wireless adapter.. and on another PC connects without problems.. all tried.. even removed the adapter with the driver from the device...