Xbox Adaptive Controller set up

Discus and support Xbox Adaptive Controller set up in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I set my adaptive controller up when I got it a few days ago but something occurred & now it is all messed up. I’d like to set it up so that the right... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WARRIOR I M, Jul 4, 2019.

1. WARRIOR I M
    WARRIOR I M Guest

I set my adaptive controller up when I got it a few days ago but something occurred & now it is all messed up. I’d like to set it up so that the right pad controls the left thumb stick and when I click. I set it up and it was working great. I must not
    have saved it to a profile, thought it would just save it to itself. When I go in and set the left pad to be left thumbstick and to click left pad, instead of holding it. I then try to exit but it tells me the A button must be assigned. I don’t want the
    A button assigned. I want my controllers A button to work. I have assigned it, just to get out, assuming that since copilot is engaged that both would work but it does not work- the trackpad is A and my controller’s A button doesn’t work. Can some nice
    gamer out there help me to figure out how to do the things set out. Also, what is the best speed to use on the trackpad for FPS avatar movement? I don’t want to be slow but also don’t want to move the touchpad up a millimeter and be sprinting a mile. Thanks
    again everyone.

:)

WARRIOR I M, Jul 4, 2019
  2. WARRIOR I M Win User

It won’t allow me to save and exit because it wants me to assign the A button to an input/button on the controller.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Warrior,

Thanks for the update on the issue with mapping the Adaptive controller. As mentioned by the Ambassador, the A button will need to mapped.
    The controller by design will need the A and B button to navigate on the Xbox Operating system. I recommend checking out the accessories : Xbox
    Adaptive Controller accessories

Hope this helps.
  4. Gimpy_P Win User

5. XBF Chris J Win User

Unable to pair Xbox 360 controller w. One Adapter

6. Charkel Win User

Unable to pair Xbox 360 controller w. One Adapter

Hello ,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately the Xbox wireless adapter is made solely for the Xbox one Controller. You can Find more info on the wireless adapter here :

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

This link here should help you set up a 360 controller on windows :
    How to set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Hope this helps!
    Sorry to hear that. :( I guess I just have to use both 360 and One Adapter simultaneously if it works.

Thx for the info.
Thema:

1. Xbox Adaptive Controller set up - Similar Threads - Adaptive Controller set

2. xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?: Hello, Is the xbox one controller adapter compatible with xbox 360 controllers? I speak about this adapter : https://www.xbox.com/fr-FR/xbox-one/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows...
  3. Adaptive controller- missing the biggest market share

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive controller- missing the biggest market share: I thought this would be a new piece of tech, where the pads would be touch sensitive trackpads where u can put a toe, for example, on and use it to move the direction you want. I had a TBI (...
  4. Xbox adaptive Controller and Triggers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox adaptive Controller and Triggers?: What is everybody using on the adaptive controller that approximates the variability of triggers? Foot Pedals? Really need something. A button does not cut it with the trigger, especially if you...
  5. Are there second hand Xbox Adaptive Controllers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Are there second hand Xbox Adaptive Controllers?: $99.99 isn't affordable for me. 39033e50-0a4c-462f-b1ce-19146f7283d3
  6. Xbox Controller AND Wireless Adapter Not Dowloading PnP Drivers

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Controller AND Wireless Adapter Not Dowloading PnP Drivers: I know this issue has been brought up many times but none of the solutions have helped me so far. The issue started after a fresh Windows install. My system sees the XBOX ONE CONTROLLER simply...
  7. Xbox adaptive controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox adaptive controller: Can the Xbox Adaptive controller be paired with a controller, so that all buttons function as normal but the left thumb stick function gets replaced (reassigned) to the left track pad but all...
  8. HELP: Issues connecting Xbox one controller to Xbox wireless adapter for windows

in XBoX on Windows
    HELP: Issues connecting Xbox one controller to Xbox wireless adapter for windows: My controller and adapter have been humming along nicely for months until a few days ago. Now the controller works fine when connected by USB and the adapter is installed and blinks when I press...
  9. Using XBOX adaptive controller for PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Using XBOX adaptive controller for PC: Hello, Im a university student doing research for a project involving a client that has Cerebral Palsy. The project is to improve his ability to type on a computer. I remembered XBOX has created...
  10. STEREO HEADSET ADAPTER DOESNT WORK ON MY CONTROLLER

in XBoX on Consoles
    STEREO HEADSET ADAPTER DOESNT WORK ON MY CONTROLLER: I bought this brand new Turtle beach earforce stereo adapter for xbox one (I have a day one controller) . When i plug it in all it does is give a continous ear piercing sound. When i press any...