Xbox Adaptive Controller Supported Joysticks & Standards

Discus and support Xbox Adaptive Controller Supported Joysticks & Standards in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, Could someone please tell me if there is a complete list of supported joysticks (besides those listed on Accessories | Xbox One) that work with... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Togarashi78, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Togarashi78
    Togarashi78 Guest

Hi,

Could someone please tell me if there is a complete list of supported joysticks (besides those listed on
    Accessories | Xbox One) that work with the USB 2 ports on the Xbox Adaptive Controller?

Is there is a published standard that people can follow to create compatible joysticks for the Xbox Adaptive Controller?

Thanks in advance!

Joe

:)

Togarashi78, Oct 18, 2018
  2. XBF Javier R
    XBF Javier R Guest
    XBox Adaptive Controllor with Logitech 3D Pro Joystick setup

Hello Cat5ive,

The Logitech 3D Pro Joystick was one of the recommended joysticks for use on the adaptive controller; the joystick works, although the buttons around or on the joystick unit are not currently supported.

Here are a list of Xbox Adaptive Controller accessories that are fully supported.

Check this out, we hope this helps.

Best wishes!

XBF Javier R, Oct 18, 2018
  3. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest
    Xbox adaptive controller in combination with Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick (button remap)

If this is not already supported (I could only find the default mappings for your joystick) you should submit your idea here to have people vote on it or search to see if it's already been submitted:
    Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

More info on your joystick:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/controllers/devices-that-work-with-adaptive-controller

More info on remapping the adaptive controller:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/controllers/customize-adaptive-controller-in-xbox-accessories-app

ChiefJoboo, Oct 18, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

XBF George L, Oct 18, 2018
  5. Hey there, I've been searching around a bit and came to no conclusion just yet, however, this is a very good question.

Gamingboy177 (Sam), Oct 18, 2018
  6. Togarashi78
    Togarashi78 Guest
    Hi XBF George L,

Thank you for your reply.

So, does the Xbox Adaptive Controller work with any USB 2.0 HIDs?

I have a TetraMouse XA (TetraMouse - Products (Home Page)), which is a proportional USB mouth joystick that controls the mouse on a PC, and it is not recognized by the Adaptive Controller.

Thank you,

Joe

Togarashi78, Oct 18, 2018
  7. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    Hey Joe thanks for the reply!

As stated on the link provided above, the controller accepts USB 2.0 for connecting HID devices such as joysticks or gamepads (used for the left and right thumbsticks). But since the tetramouse isn't a first party device the performance might vary.
    Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

XBF Nestor S, Oct 18, 2018
  8. QStyle
    QStyle Guest

Is the Logitech X52 H.O.T.A.S. THROTTLE AND STICK SIMULATION CONTROLLER compatible with the XB1 Adaptive controller?

I see the$39 Extreme 3D pro version is compatible but I need the use of the throttle for a RT analog stick.

QStyle, Oct 18, 2018
  9. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    As the page about the Adaptive Controller states, it supports USB 2.0 HID
    Gamepad and Joysticks only
    . It seems that the TetraMouse XA is a HID Mouse device, not a gamepad and joystick (despite the fact it uses sticks to control the mouse cursor).

So I'm afraid, that currently the TetraMouse doesn't work, unless you
    contact TetraLite
    and ask them to provide a special firmware, that makes the TetraMouse identify as an analogue Joystick in case of the TMXA2, or as a digital gamepad for the "standard" TetraMouse.

Unless the firmware on the device actually tells the USB Port "Look, I'm a HID Joystick, not a mouse!", the device should work with the adaptive controller.

Arminator, Oct 18, 2018
  10. QStyle
    QStyle Guest
    Darn, I thought at least someone would know this answer

QStyle, Oct 19, 2018
  11. Hi there Togarashi78,

It should work with most auxiliary joysticks and accessories, however if it doesn't it is most likely incompatible.

If it's not working on any of the inputs, then it would be best for you to contact Tetramouse support directly, and they can tell you whether or not it's compatible as that previously posted support page should have a list of everything we can guarantee
    should normally work with the controller.

Hope this information was helpful.

Thanks!

XBF Esteban R, Oct 19, 2018
  12. GBAFamily
    GBAFamily Guest
    GBAFamily, Nov 5, 2018
  13. Togarashi78 Win User

Hey !

You can find more information about that here :What external devices work with the Xbox Adaptive Controller? If
    you have any further questions regarding the Adaptive Controller check out :
    All about the Xbox Adaptive Controller

Hope this helps!

Let us know with a reply
    Hi XBF George L,

Thank you for your reply.

So, does the Xbox Adaptive Controller work with any USB 2.0 HIDs?

I have a TetraMouse XA (http://tetramouse.com), which is a proportional USB mouth joystick that controls the mouse on a PC, and it is not recognized by the Adaptive Controller.

Thank you,

Joe
  14. XBF George L Win User

15. Arminator Win User

...So, does the Xbox Adaptive Controller work with any USB 2.0 HIDs?

I have a TetraMouse XA (http://tetramouse.com), which is a proportional USB mouth joystick that controls the mouse on a PC, and it is not recognized by the Adaptive Controller.

Thank you,

Joe
    As the page about the Adaptive Controller states, it supports USB 2.0 HID
    Gamepad and Joysticks only
    . It seems that the TetraMouse XA is a HID Mouse device, not a gamepad and joystick (despite the fact it uses sticks to control the mouse cursor).

So I'm afraid, that currently the TetraMouse doesn't work, unless you
    contact TetraLite
    and ask them to provide a special firmware, that makes the TetraMouse identify as an analogue Joystick in case of the TMXA2, or as a digital gamepad for the "standard" TetraMouse.

Unless the firmware on the device actually tells the USB Port "Look, I'm a HID Joystick, not a mouse!", the device should work with the adaptive controller.
  16. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey Joe thanks for the reply!

As stated on the link provided above, the controller accepts USB 2.0 for connecting HID devices such as joysticks or gamepads (used for the left and right thumbsticks). But since the tetramouse isn't a first party device the performance might vary.
    Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!
  17. GBAFamily Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox Adaptive Controller Supported Joysticks & Standards - Similar Threads - Adaptive Controller Supported

2. Can a USB track pad be paired with the XBOX Adaptive Controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can a USB track pad be paired with the XBOX Adaptive Controller?: To be clear, both left and right USB ports on the Adaptive Controller work fine when an analog joystick is plugged in. I purchased a new USB track pad https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGFHJDY/...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller and Wireless Adapter for Windows (stopped working)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller and Wireless Adapter for Windows (stopped working): I have an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and a Wireless Adapter for Windows. I am running Windows 10 on my PC. My Wireless Adapter for Windows stopped working today after I started my computer....
  4. Adaptive Game Controller USB input

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive Game Controller USB input: HI all! I develop tech for special needs. Want to plug in 'regular' USB game controller (Logitech Attack 3, or PC game pad, etc.) into either USB port on the XBox Adaptive Controller to perform...
  5. Xbox Motorcycle simulator | Adaptive Controller + Ducati Panigale + MotoGP19

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Motorcycle simulator | Adaptive Controller + Ducati Panigale + MotoGP19: I would like to share my project, where I created a motorcycle simulator using my 2016 Ducati Panigale. This is specifically for an Xbox, as I am using the Xbox Adaptive Controller to interface...
  6. Xbox One controller adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller adapter: Hello everyone, I'm looking for some information before the purchase. I've an Xbox One controller with cable, with wich I play videogames on PC. What about the Wireless adapter for Xbox for PC?...
  7. How to connect new controller to microsoft windows controller adapter?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect new controller to microsoft windows controller adapter?: How do i connect a new controller to my microsoft windows controller adapter. I have 2 xbox controllers and i want to unpair the adapter with one and pair it with another? how can i do this?...
  8. Xbox Adaptive Controller Wheel Support

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller Wheel Support: Can the Xbox one adaptive controller can be connected to a Racing Wheel (in my case a Logitech G920) and a second usb controller (one I use is created by 3drap and is called "hand controller".)....
  9. Please support Steel Battalion for OG xbox BC on xbox one!! and we need a OG controller adapter

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please support Steel Battalion for OG xbox BC on xbox one!! and we need a OG controller adapter: I own the Steel Battalion games one OG xbox, it's a great games with a custom controller which is great. I wish the OG xbox BC can support this game. Further more, I wish MS can release a OG...
  10. Xbox one elite controller not supporting my stereo headset adapter mic functions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one elite controller not supporting my stereo headset adapter mic functions: My stereo headset adapter will not recognize my mic on my headset when plugged into my new elite controller I have updated the controller with the adapter plugged in I have tested my headset on...