Xbox Adaptive Controller

Discus and support Xbox Adaptive Controller in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Since the reveal of this peripheral I’ve been fascinated with the capabilities that this piece of technology offers to disabled individuals. My wife is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by InCaudaVenenum, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Xbox Adaptive Controller

Since the reveal of this peripheral I’ve been fascinated with the capabilities that this piece of technology offers to disabled individuals. My wife is an occupational therapist and it warmed her heart when I showed her the vidoc that explained the philiosophy
    behind it, she was thrilled to see it again in tonight’s Microsoft’s touching ad in the SuperBowl.

She works directly with children in the school system and sometimes uses Assistive Technologies (ATs) not unlike the switches that can be plugged into the adaptive controller.

My question is, does anyone have a personal experience with AT devices or have they seen/used or purchased this controller for anyone? I’d love to hear your stories.

:)

InCaudaVenenum, Feb 12, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Adaptive Controller

3. XBF Chris J Win User

Adaptive Controller

Hey David,

First thing that comes to mind would be Using co pilot along side the adaptive controller. Co- pilot allows 2 different controllers to control player one,
    And it works perfectly along side the adaptive controller. Aside from that, here are some helpful links to check out if you haven't already :

Get to know the Xbox Adaptive Controller

Play with the Xbox Adaptive Controller

Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller in the Xbox Accessories app

Xbox Adaptive Controller FAQ

Hope this can be of help!
  4. zmaster2XXX Win User

Adaptive Controller

Hi there Isoxboxhelp,

Thanks for reaching out.

You definitely are on the right track. Different games with require different game play controls. I recommend the following resource articles:

Hope this helps.
    I would follow these steps to get what you require to set up and running
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Adaptive controls for handicapped gamers

Hi there Leslie,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with mapping the Adaptive controller.

To help clarify the issue a bit more:

Let us know so we may be able to further assist more in detail.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Default difficulty settings for all games

Hi Gabriele,

Is your question referring to how the Xbox adaptive controller works?

Here are the best available resources that talk all about the adaptive controller and how it works:

Feel free to ask us anything else we are here to help!
Thema:

Xbox Adaptive Controller

1. Xbox Adaptive Controller - Similar Threads - Adaptive Controller

2. xbox controller does not connect to the wireless adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox controller does not connect to the wireless adapter: I have the problem that the Xbox controller does not connect to the adapter. The small light on the adapter flashes, but the controller gets no connection. d6e584bc-c319-4dcd-81be-37fba109fc6f
  3. adaptive controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    adaptive controller: Hi there, I'm currently unable to remap the large black A and B buttons for my base adaptive controller. Tried everything on the remap screen but it appears you cannot do this? surely not because...
  4. Is the Adaptive XBox Controller available anywhere in South Africa??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is the Adaptive XBox Controller available anywhere in South Africa??: Hi, my brother recently ordered a QuadStick and he really wants an adaptive X-Box controller, is there any place i can order them online that ships internationally? The South African Microsoft...
  5. Xbox Adaptive Controller Compatible Joystick?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller Compatible Joystick?: Hi, I bought the Xbox Adaptive Controller and several switches with much excitement. I lost my left arm 17 years ago, and I was excited that I might be able to play video games again. However,...
  6. xbox adaptive controller for normal windows navigation

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox adaptive controller for normal windows navigation: Can I use xbox adaptive controller as a supportive device for normal windows navigation? I basically work in supporting children with disability and would be very grateful if this device could...
  7. Adaptive controls for handicapped gamers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive controls for handicapped gamers: I bought the x box adaptive controller, I had a terrible time trying to map it. The youtube video's don't go through step by step mapping and then getting the equipment to work on an actual game....
  8. Xbox Adaptive Controller and microsoft wireless controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller and microsoft wireless controller: Can wireless controller work with Xbox Adaptive Controller? My son would use buttons plugged into adaptive controller for shooting while I would assist him with steering via wireless controller....
  9. XBOX CONTROLLER ADAPTER

in XBoX on Mobile
    XBOX CONTROLLER ADAPTER: My xbox controller adapter is in mute all the time what i have to do??????? 1df250b4-4632-4e8f-9146-ef1bbf7f7029
  10. Adaptive controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adaptive controller: Just realized that I am trying to work the ADP,with “Crimson Skies”......and it just is not going to work with this game.Works ok to a degree,just the directional and a couple of buttons will...