Xbox Adaptive Joystick help

Discus and support Xbox Adaptive Joystick help in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I don’t know if there’s a way ( I hope) to set the adaptive joystick up so that when I click the adaptive joystick, the left thumb stick ( which it is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WARRIOR I M, Jul 20, 2019.

1. WARRIOR I M
    WARRIOR I M Guest

I don’t know if there’s a way ( I hope) to set the adaptive joystick up so that when I click the adaptive joystick, the left thumb stick ( which it is plugged into the left usb port of the adaptive controller keyboard
    looking device) will act as if I clicked the left thumb stick. I saw something in settings to set as shift but am not sure what that is. So if anyone knows how to set the adaptive joystick to click the left thumb stick, please let me in on the secret. They
    really left a lot of options out. They obviously didn’t work close with people with disabilities, as why would you want a joystick that doesn’t function exactly as the thumb stick you’re replacing/taking over. I can’t run in a game without having to click
    and hold the thumb stick, so what’s up with your product? Hope there’s a way because otherwise I have to click the controller with a thumb that’s really weak from nerve damage. Can you do a firmware update to fix( I’d think this device was for people with
    use of only one hand)?

:)

WARRIOR I M, Jul 20, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

XBox Adaptive Controllor with Logitech 3D Pro Joystick setup

Hello Cat5ive,

The Logitech 3D Pro Joystick was one of the recommended joysticks for use on the adaptive controller; the joystick works, although the buttons around or on the joystick unit are not currently supported.

Here are a list of Xbox Adaptive Controller accessories that are fully supported.

Check this out, we hope this helps.

Best wishes!
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey WARRIOR

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

In regards to this, the Adaptive Controller allows you re-map certain buttons to be registered as a different input.

For example, using that
    Shift option
    , allows use a different set of controllers altogether, such as switching to the right stick from the left stick.

For buttons, choose a button on the controller you want to modify with Shift, then choose
    Shift. Choose a button from the list (this will be the button that’s used when the Shift button is held down).

The Shift status will reflect the button you’ve chosen.

I hope this was able to clarify any confusion this might have casued.
  4. Arminator Win User

Xbox One Adaptive Controller and a R-net Compact Joystick

... if I connected the joystick with a serial to USB adapter to the Xbox Adaptive Controller, would it work? If so, what type of adapter would I need?
    In order for the Adaptive Controller to recognize an USB joystick, the USB adapter would present itself as a HID-compliant (Human Interface Device) Joystick.

Most USB to Serial adapters however advertise themselves as a serial COM Port, so normal USB to 9-pin converters won't work.

You could try to
    contact Curtiss Wright
    , the maker of the Compact Joystick, if they know of an USB adapter that makes this joystick available as an actual USB Joystick device.

When talking to Curtiss Wright, make absolutely sure that they are aware of the HID Joystick requirement. A serial port USB adapter will not do the trick!
  5. DatelessBrick51 Win User

Adaptive Xbox controller and joystick

Logitech Extreme Pro 3D Joystick is actually one of the recommended joystick or accessory for the Xbox adaptive controller. However, we can only use the Joystick and not the buttons and thumbstick, for now.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Joystick problem

Hi Elite,

The only way you would be able to use any joystick is through the
    adaptive controller
    . If you are not in need of it, then unfortunately there is no joystick that would be compatible with the Xbox as a stand alone.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox Adaptive Joystick help - Similar Threads - Adaptive Joystick help

2. Adaptive controller/joystick not registering clicks

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive controller/joystick not registering clicks: I have the adaptive joystick plugged into the left usb port to control the left thumb stick via copilot. The issue is that when I click the adaptive thumb stick, the thumb stick click does not...
  3. Xbox adaptive controller re-binding joysticks

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox adaptive controller re-binding joysticks: Hi guys, I am using the Xbox adaptive controller and was wondering if there is a way to make the USB joysticks not just joysticks but buttons. My idea would be that one of the joysticks would...
  4. joystick xbox one adapter (error xbox acc)

in XBoX on Windows
    joystick xbox one adapter (error xbox acc): hello, I have a problem with my xbox one control when connecting it with the adapter to the pc, since I get an error that says "error xbox acc" and says that I do not have controllers, I would...
  5. Xbox Adaptive Controller Compatible Joystick?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller Compatible Joystick?: Hi, I bought the Xbox Adaptive Controller and several switches with much excitement. I lost my left arm 17 years ago, and I was excited that I might be able to play video games again. However,...
  6. How can I get a PS/2 joystick to work with the Xbox adaptive controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I get a PS/2 joystick to work with the Xbox adaptive controller: I'm trying to get a joystick that uses a ps/2 connection to work on the adaptive controller. I bought a ps/2 to USB adapter but my joystick still doesn't work. I am not able to use a USB flight...
  7. Xbox One Adaptive Controller and a R-net Compact Joystick

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Adaptive Controller and a R-net Compact Joystick: Hello all, I drive my wheelchair with a R-net Compact Joystick with my chin. The joystick appears to have a 9-pin serial port connection. Does anyone know if I connected the joystick with a...
  8. Xbox Adaptive Controller Supported Joysticks & Standards

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller Supported Joysticks & Standards: Hi, Could someone please tell me if there is a complete list of supported joysticks (besides those listed on Accessories | Xbox One) that work with the USB 2 ports on the Xbox Adaptive...
  9. XBox Adaptive Controllor with Logitech 3D Pro Joystick setup

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox Adaptive Controllor with Logitech 3D Pro Joystick setup: I am interested in buying the Adaptive Controller along with the Logitech 3D Pro Joystick, which is listed as a compatible accessory, for my XBox. However, I have read conflicting information...
  10. Xbox adaptive controller in combination with Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick (button remap)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox adaptive controller in combination with Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick (button remap): I was wondering if in the (near) future there will be an update Xbox accessoires software where we can remap the buttons on a USB device connected through the Xbox Adaptive controller, like the...