Xbox always muted

Discus and support Xbox always muted in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one s is always muted. The little icon next the the battery is always locked out. Please help 11465931-9a96-45b3-b5b9-f843f08a4f73 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BryanKri, Mar 26, 2020 at 4:23 AM.

1. BryanKri
    BryanKri Guest

Xbox always muted

My xbox one s is always muted. The little icon next the the battery is always locked out. Please help

:)

2. XA DRBATTLE Win User

Xbox always muted

that is just when you have no headset plugged in. if your headset is plugged in and you are still experiencing this then try going to the xbox accesories app and plugging in your controller and the headset to the controller and looking for available updates.

hope this helps/ gives you the answer you are looking for

XADRBATTLE
  3. T3chnlgydude Win User

Xbox always muted

4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox always muted

I have updated my controler. I have tried multiple controllers. Multiple headsets, a hard reset nothing has solved this issue of not being able to chat
    When you tried the steps to Update xbox wireless controller did you use the uSB method?

Turn off the console and connect controller with headset adapter attached with a plug/play charge cable and turn it back on and run the update again.

You need to update every controller you use on the console.

I have noticed that it reports up to date, but I always run it anyway to make sure to be sure.
  5. QUEENMISFITS Win User

Xbox always muted

Are you talking about your headset being muted?
  6. BryanKri Win User

Xbox always muted

I have updated my controler. I have tried multiple controllers. Multiple headsets, a hard reset nothing has solved this issue of not being able to chat
Thema:

Xbox always muted

1. Xbox always muted - Similar Threads - always muted

2. Xbox One - Microphone Icon Always Muted -- WHY IS THERE NO FIX FOR THIS !!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Microphone Icon Always Muted -- WHY IS THERE NO FIX FOR THIS !!!!!: Hi all Just wondering why there is not a simple fix to this issue that obviously, to the microsoft community, still have a hard time with? I have an XBOX One S and have 3 controllers set up with...
  3. Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on: A lot of the time I record the past 10 minutes and then realise it didn't record my voice at all because the microphone was muted. Does anyone else have this issue? I have "Turn mic on by default...
  4. Mic always muted. No audio tab when headset pluged. Volume tab not selectable on Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic always muted. No audio tab when headset pluged. Volume tab not selectable on Xbox...: Why is my headset always muted? I've tried everything talked about in forums and videos and nothing works. I can not chat with my friends during games. I see that this issue is old and it seems...
  5. Xbox One S - Microphone Icon Always Muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Microphone Icon Always Muted: Xbox One - Microphone Icon Always Muted my headset has stopped working, both in terms of the microphone and the earphones. I have swapped the headset out for another two other headsets, and...
  6. Xbox One - Microphone Icon Always Muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Microphone Icon Always Muted: Hi, I've seen other threads where this issue has come up but i can't find a solution....
  7. Xbox one microphone always muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one microphone always muted: I know there are many threads on this subject. Has there been any solution. Microphone is always muted. I have changed headphones and controller but problem persists. I have tried all the...
  8. Xbox One Controller Audio Adapter Mute Button Always On

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Audio Adapter Mute Button Always On: Hi Support, I’m experiencing an issue today where the mute button on the xbox one audio adapter is constantly on and will not turn off. My headset as such is not working through it either. I...
  9. When is Microsoft going to fix the Headset always muted widespread problems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Microsoft going to fix the Headset always muted widespread problems?: This is my second Xbox one with the same problem. The Mute icon beside the battery icon is always illuminated. It is always muted. I took it to Microsoft store they couldn't figure out how to fix...
  10. Xbox one - microphone icon always muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one - microphone icon always muted: Yesterday the headset/Microphone stopped working. There is new microphone icon which shows it as muted. Cannot find a way to enable this. I have tried the suggestions on other posts with the same...