Xbox and Microsoft stores say I don't own a game but my purchase history and account balance do

Discus and support Xbox and Microsoft stores say I don't own a game but my purchase history and account balance do in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to buy Sonic Adventure 2 on my Xbox today and it keeps saying I don't own the game. It deducted money from my Microsoft account, and it's in my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AwesomeNinja886, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Xbox and Microsoft stores say I don't own a game but my purchase history and account balance do

I tried to buy Sonic Adventure 2 on my Xbox today and it keeps saying I don't own the game. It deducted money from my Microsoft account, and it's in my purchase history, but it doesn't say I own it on the Xbox store or the Microsoft store. Xbox tells me I can 'buy to own' even though I just bought it. I know I'm on the right account.

SA2 shows up as an Xbox 360 game, if that helps, but I bought Sonic Adventure 1 the day before yesterday and it was fine so I don't think it's an issue with that (though I may very well be wrong).

Edit: apologies if I posted this in the wrong category.

:)

AwesomeNinja886, Apr 9, 2021
  2. NickD54 Win User

Xbox and Microsoft stores say I don't own a game but my purchase history and account balance do

Had this happen when I bought Star Wars The force unleashed 360 game on my series x 2 nights ago, should I look for a refund or do you think it will fix itself? Seems like quite a few people are having this issue
  3. AwesomeNinja886 Win User

I'm not in a position to reset my console since it is used by my family too, and I'm probably not going to try removing and re-adding my account unless I know it won't affect my save data (I don't really mind a $10 game not working if the only solution will delete everything I've done in all my other games). If it doesn't delete my saves, I may try it and then I'll let you know what happened.
  4. NickD54 Win User

Yea, it also doesn’t show up under the app and some of my other owned games aren’t showing up on the app either but yet I can still play those ones? Don’t know what’s going on lol
  5. barwithascar Win User

Same issue, yesterday around 8pm I bought Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, and Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed, while the first one worked fine, the other didn't, Did the steps work for you though?
  6. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Hello @AwesomeNinja886, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps here:

After each step try to see if the issue is fixed!

First, please select System > Settings > account > remove accounts and then select your account and select Remove to confirm.

Then, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2 to 3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If the issue persists, please try to check you games in the order games history in this following website : Microsoft account | Home

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
Thema:

1. Xbox and Microsoft stores say I don't own a game but my purchase history and account balance do - Similar Threads - Microsoft stores don't

2. Xbox App and Microsoft Store Don't See My Internal Storage

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App and Microsoft Store Don't See My Internal Storage: When I attempt to install a game of my internal storage (SSD) nothing happens. It seems it doesn't recognise that I have a storage device. I have restarted and repaired the app+ uninstalling the...
  3. I don't know about the microsoft store compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don't know about the microsoft store compatibility: Hi, I bought forza horizon 4 on microsoft store with my pc. I want to ask if, when i buy an xbox one, i will be able to play it. I hope for someone to response....
  4. Can't install Xbox App. Microsoft Store Installation and .exe Installation both don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Xbox App. Microsoft Store Installation and .exe Installation both don't work...: I already tried these options: I updated to the latest Windows 10 Version I updated all my drivers I reseted the Miocrosoft Store Cache Turned my Firewall on and off and in the Xbox...
  5. Microsoft Store loading issues and I don't know how to fix it. Does anyone know how to fix it?

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store loading issues and I don't know how to fix it. Does anyone know how to fix it?: My Microsoft Store on my Xbox One S doesn't load and it black screens and after 1 or 2 minutes or so my Xbox crashes. Help would be appreciated submitted by /u/urmomiscooking [link] [comments]
  6. microsoft says my card region and microsoft store region don't match!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    microsoft says my card region and microsoft store region don't match!!!: I wanted to buy totally reliable delivery service for my xbox one s. (I was buying from the xbox store.) I had bought stranded deep two weeks before and everything had gone through fine. when I...
  7. microsoft store says i have a game installed i don't

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft store says i have a game installed i don't: a game called phantasy star online 2 recently came out, i have been playing it for a few days with no problems. i played valorant with some friends (the game with the intrusive vanguard anti...
  8. All microsoft store games don't support dolby surround sound for my g933 headset. Is there...

in XBoX on Windows
    All microsoft store games don't support dolby surround sound for my g933 headset. Is there...: i first noticed this with forza horizon 4 when i realised the sound sounded 'off' tried everying: reinstalling gaming software, changing audio settings. Nothing worked. Just wandering how to fix...
  9. microsoft store it looks like you don't have any applicable devices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft store it looks like you don't have any applicable devices: When i purchased minecraft from the store and i clicked download it said "it looks like you don't have any applicable devices" Please tell me how to get rid of this issue(i do not have an xbox i...
  10. Game Trailers in the Microsoft Store Don't AutoPlay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Trailers in the Microsoft Store Don't AutoPlay: I don't like the fact that if a game developer includes a video, the hero image (the big one at the very top) is replaced by a black area. I found that if you click on it, then a video plays, but...