Xbox App and Microsoft Store not opening

Discus and support Xbox App and Microsoft Store not opening in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been having issues with Xbox App and Microsoft Store for PC opening for about a week now. I was assuming it was due to the server outage a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JadeTheEnby, May 12, 2022.

1. JadeTheEnby
    JadeTheEnby Guest

I have been having issues with Xbox App and Microsoft Store for PC opening for about a week now. I was assuming it was due to the server outage a couple days ago, but that was not the reason. I have installed the new Windows 10 update as well as resetting both apps through settings. Any Advice?

:)

JadeTheEnby, May 12, 2022
  2. SamQY Win User

Can't access Back 4 Blood on Gamepass although it has already been released (PC, OCE)

Make sure the account that has the subscription is logged into the Microsoft Store app.

Log out of Microsoft Store and Xbox app, clear store cache, login to Microsoft Store and Xbox app, and try again.

To clear the store cache>

Windows key + R and type ''wsreset'', wait for the black screen to close and open the store automatically.
  3. SamQY Win User

The Xbox app opens microsoft store

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

These steps can help you, give it a try.

Check for updates on Windows Update, update everything including optional/additional updates.

1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app

2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app in the Windows menu, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset. Do this with the game too.

3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.

4. Open the Microsoft Store app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner>downloads updates>get updates and update everything.

5. Restart your PC, log in to both apps and see if that solves the problem.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi JADETHEENBY! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Do you see any error message when you try to open the apps?

Open Start, type: powershell
    Right click PowerShell
    Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type the following then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Exit Powershell then restart.
  5. SamQY Win User

Run PowerShell as admin

2. Type: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

3. Type: A ("Yes to All")

4. Type: Get-ExecutionPolicy (click enter, and it should say "Unrestricted")

5. Type get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices|remove-AppxPackage -allusers

6. Go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gaming-servic...

7. Install Gaming Services again and then try to install the game.
  6. JesperBjørndal Win User

Thank you so much for your help.This has helped me a lot. I hope you have a great day
Thema:

1. Xbox App and Microsoft Store not opening - Similar Threads - App Microsoft Store

2. icon of microsoft store and xbox app are showing in search bar but not openning

in XBoX on Windows
    icon of microsoft store and xbox app are showing in search bar but not openning: hi when i search in the search bar in windows 10 microsoft store or xbox app it is not openning when i tap on open and i checked my apps and feautures in setting and when i search these apps it...
  3. Minecraft launcher won't open, redirects to Microsoft gaming page on the app store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher won't open, redirects to Microsoft gaming page on the app store: So, whenever I click my Minecraft launcher icon, it doesn't open, but it redirects me to the stupid Microsoft gaming page. how am I supposed to fix this??? 6ec4efe8-9e1d-486e-81cf-58b65be3cc24
  4. Sign in loop in Microsoft Store and Xbox GamePass app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign in loop in Microsoft Store and Xbox GamePass app: So when I try to sign in with my account in any of the apps mentioned in the title, I enter the password, I click enter and then it takes me back to reenter my password. I tried using different...
  5. Error message when trying to install Xbox app and unable to open microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Error message when trying to install Xbox app and unable to open microsoft store: Recently I tried to install the Xbox Game Pass app on my computer, however it would not install and displayed the message "We weren't able to install the app (0x800700B7)" after this I thought it...
  6. Microsoft store apps say "This app cant open"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store apps say "This app cant open": when I try to launch a game from the Microsoft store or the Xbox app it says "this app cant open. I've reset and repaired the store and it still wont open. 8c6f92a8-e33d-4621-99a7-01dedd874e12
  7. Windows 11 - Microsoft Store will not download Minecraft Launcher App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 - Microsoft Store will not download Minecraft Launcher App: Have tried may things. Always get this "Try Again Later Something happened on our end." d9214928-9c77-4d41-8ad9-572d2679de01
  8. xbox pc app/microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox pc app/microsoft store: Hi, recently for the pass few weeks ive been having some issues loading both the xbox app and microsoft store its like they both just load eternally and will never load anything, ive tried...
  9. Microsoft Store/Xbox app issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store/Xbox app issues: I started having issues with my Xbox app today when I tried installing a game from Game Pass. The install was hanging at 0% for about a half hour, so I closed the Xbox app and tried to restart it....
  10. Some Microsoft store app suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Some Microsoft store app suggestions: There are some apps that me and probably a few more people want to see in the Microsoft store, for me this app is a cool music app called ESound. If it could be added to the Microsoft store at...